Pitbull pedal packaging design - Page 17
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    This "two feet on the ground" stuff is irrelevant. The video doesn't change reality -- most riders start with one foot already clipped in, especially if they're concerned about clipping in quickly.

(Also, if you watch the entire video, the conclusion they reach at the end is that they would still buy the single-sided road pedals, despite being able to clip into the mountain bike pedals a little bit quicker.)

If you're worried about clipping in quickly for safety reasons, you'd be better off starting with one foot already clipped in ... and a set of two-sided pedals.

Let's be very clear about this: You have NOT ridden with mountain bike pedals or two-sided road pedals, so your claim is pulled out of thin air.

Again, you've never ridden with mountain bike pedals or two-sided road pedals, so this claim is also pulled out of thin air.

Good sales pitch. That's a bit like arguing that a poorly-shifting derailleur deters theft because it is almost impossible to speed away without dropping a chain.

+100
    As far as 2 feet on the ground I just thought it was funny to come across a professional bike video company and they were making the point for me about having 2 feet on the ground. Just an observation on my end.

I agree, I think that road bike pedals should be for road bikes and mountain bike pedals for mountain bikes. I do no think that you need to wear road bike shoes to go to the store and buy your groceries and do a lot of walking. To simply get off and go into a coffee shop or get a Gatorade it is all the walking that should be done. Ours are just easier and quicker and I think that that is a benefit for some people.

You are correct, it is just pulled out of logic with 360 degree entry.

I see what you are trying to say but I do completely disagree. Our pedals do work perfectly but have an added feature to them as they are extremely hard to ride without the cleat.

If you prefer not to interact just simply don't respond to me or anyone else. The whole thing has just been super interesting and I have enjoyed it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    As far as 2 feet on the ground I just thought it was funny to come across a professional bike video company and they were making the point for me about having 2 feet on the ground. Just an observation on my end.

I agree, I think that road bike pedals should be for road bikes and mountain bike pedals for mountain bikes. I do no think that you need to wear road bike shoes to go to the store and buy your groceries and do a lot of walking. To simply get off and go into a coffee shop or get a Gatorade it is all the walking that should be done. Ours are just easier and quicker and I think that that is a benefit for some people.

You are correct, it is just pulled out of logic with 360 degree entry.

I see what you are trying to say but I do completely disagree. Our pedals do work perfectly but have an added feature to them as they are extremely hard to ride without the cleat.

If you prefer not to interact just simply don't respond to me or anyone else. The whole thing has just been super interesting and I have enjoyed it.
    How fast are your pedals if the cyclist tries to engage it and his\her foot is too far forward or rearward and misses the spindle?
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Our pedals ... have an added feature to them as they are extremely hard to ride without the cleat.
    Did you think even think about this statement before you posted it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    Has he for ANY statement he's made on this site?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

[REDACTED]
    In this particular case you are out of luck as it is almost a theft deterrent as the spindle spins so freely it is almost impossible to speed away on this pedal. I'm not saying it is totally impossible, but it is super difficult.
    Ahhh, an anti-theft pedal! There you go. You should advertise this. Put these on your $10,000 bike and you don't even need to lock it!
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Ahhh, an anti-theft pedal! There you go. You should advertise this. Put these on your $10,000 bike and you don't even need to lock it!
    Yeah, but if someone comes by with shoes with Pitbull cleats, they’ll be able to clip in ultra fast which will assist in their getaway.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Yeah, but if someone comes by with shoes with Pitbull cleats, they’ll be able to clip in ultra fast which will assist in their getaway.

[REDACTED]
    Hey, I have an idea. Make every set of Pitbull pedals have grooves in a different part of the spindle and cleats to match the grooves - a key of sorts.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    How fast are your pedals if the cyclist tries to engage it and his\her foot is too far forward or rearward and misses the spindle?
    In that particular case, in my opinion, it is the simplest learning curve ever. All you do is put your toe down first and push forward. You have multiple inches that you can mess up and still clip in perfectly.

Obviously to the best of my ability. I'm not the LOOK cycling company or Shiamano coming up with the perfect PR statements.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGump View Post
    Has he for ANY statement he's made on this site?

Yes

I would still lock up my high end bike. I'm just saying if you are expecting to jump on a bike and speed off to make your getaway then you'd be in for a rude awakening.

Its the perfect crime.

Image did not appear.

Hey, I have an idea. Make every set of Pitbull pedals have grooves in a different part of the spindle and cleats to match the grooves - a key of sorts.
    Its nice that we are all having fun with this conversation.

RoadBikeReview Member
    In that particular case, in my opinion, it is the simplest learning curve ever. All you do is put your toe down first and push forward. You have multiple inches that you can mess up and still clip in perfectly.
    That's pretty much how any road pedal works.
    Too old to ride plastic

[REDACTED]
    Its nice that we are all having fun with this conversation.
    Now you're catching on!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    That's pretty much how any road pedal works.
    In theory I agree, but with 360 degrees of straight in entry there is nothing to orientate. That is what makes the pedal so fast and easy to operate.

Now you're catching on!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    In theory I agree, but with 360 degrees of straight in entry there is nothing to orientate. That is what makes the pedal so fast and easy to operate.

With proper care and maintenance, just about every single road pedal on the market already self-orientates. My Shimanos are always facing the right way when I step on them.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Except it's not only straight in. That's a single X direction. You have an X, Y, and Z direction to orientate.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

ncr
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014

More of the POWERCRANK nonsense.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    With proper care and maintenance, just about every single road pedal on the market already self-orientates. My Shimanos are always facing the right way when I step on them.

You have an awesome set of shiamanos. People all over youtube/etc talk about clipping in and the difficulties to do it. Especially when you have to do it going up hill or on a bridge. We're just offering another option just like Chevy/Ford/Buick/Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Except it's not only straight in. That's a single X direction. You have an X, Y, and Z direction to orientate.
    I believe in CnC terms we have 2 axis. You just put your foot down and then in.

Quote Originally Posted by ncr View Post
    More of the POWERCRANK nonsense.
    There is no powercrank nonsense. As soon as I push down with my left foot (for me) the right pedal comes up and my foot drives right into the axle and I'm pushing hard with my right foot. Therefore I am ahead of all bike pedals, virtually every time. As someone could get lucky.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I believe in CnC terms we have 2 axis. You just put your foot down and then in.
    I don't care what you believe. You have 3 axis of movement. Front to back. Up and down. Side to side. Hence... we live in a three dimensional world. This is undebatable. So just... stop.

Your shoe clips in pushing forward (that is ONE direction, not 360°). If you are not aligned up/down or side/side, you'll miss the spindle.
    Last edited by tlg; 1 Day Ago at 12:49 PM.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

xxl
    "Orientate" might be acceptable in some circles, but "2 axis" cannot stand!

(And it's infecting other posters! )

Or one day, we may find ourselves talking about how Pitbowl Peddles are the Phastest in the Wurld.

https://www.dailywritingtips.com/do-...tate-yourself/

Difference between Axis and Axes | Axis vs Axes

cxwrench shouldn't get to have all the fun!
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

[REDACTED]
    Don't let 3 dimensions get in the way of a great product!

You have an awesome set of shiamanos.

Shiamanos?? Don't you mean Shimanos?

Last edited by Lombard; 1 Day Ago at 03:05 PM.

[REDACTED]
    I don't care what you believe. You have 3 axis of movement. Front to back. Up and down. Side to side. Hence... we live in a three dimensional world. This is undebatable. So just... stop.

Your shoe clips in pushing forward (that is ONE direction, not 360°). If you are not aligned up/down or side/side, you'll miss the spindle.
    You are forgetting the 4th dimension - time. If you don't instruct the user WHEN they can clip in, they can't clip in.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You are forgetting the 4th dimension - time. If you don't instruct the user WHEN they can clip in, they can't clip in.
    You're forgetting the 5th dimension

mxy.png

Mr. Myxlplyx
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Did someeone say "The Fifth Dimension"?

Too old to ride plastic

Schuylkill Trail Bum

mxy.png

Mr. Myxlplyx
    There are 11 quasi-known dimensions.

Try to keep up velodawg.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post

Try to keep up velodawg.

Got it!
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018

I would believe that yiou are right. You are obviously more of an engineer type person than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    "Orientate" might be acceptable in some circles, but "2 axis" cannot stand!

(And it's infecting other posters! )

Or one day, we may find ourselves talking about how Pitbowl Peddles are the Phastest in the Wurld.

https://www.dailywritingtips.com/do-...tate-yourself/

Difference between Axis and Axes | Axis vs Axes

cxwrench shouldn't get to have all the fun!
    Thanks

Don't let 3 dimensions get in the way of a great product!

Shiamanos?? Don't you mean Shimanos?
    Yes, I did mean shimanos. My bad.

Mr. Myxlplyx
    Did someeone say "The Fifth Dimension"?

Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post

Try to keep up velodawg.

Got it!

You guys have put some thought into this, some of it is really funny.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718 LastLast