Pitbull pedal packaging design - Page 3
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    xxl
    Originally Posted by xxl
    Going with that, how about incorporating a depiction of dog's teeth biting down on the sides of the box?--reinforces the whole "pitbull mouth" idea.

Re simplicity, having dog teeth on the sides needn't drive up costs appreciably--the labels can still be B&W.

Getting the label on straight will be important no matter what's on the label. My conception of it was that the sides would be the only visual reference to a dog (subtle, and possibly less likely to evoke images of "rabid" dogs ), and you'd also have the more valuable label real estate on the top of the package for your brand, logo, etc.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post

We're trying ....
    You are speaking over my head. It is true that we are just two amateurs trying to create something, no more or less. We are not trying to revolutionize the pedal industry we are just trying to get a small piece of the pie.

Time will tell.
    Wow, you're really good at 'staying in character'! I almost believe that you actually are a narcissistic [email protected]$$......
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    I am probably one of the few people here that like the logo. Granted I think the product is of minimal value for me and am not about to try it, the minimalist logo matches the concept of the product. And we use far too much plastic, so I like the cardboard box which even if not recycled, is biodegradable.

On pit bulls, all of the ones I have met have been gentle lovable dogs. They do have a bad reputation as they, as well as most terriers, were bred to have strong jaws in order to be rodent killers in the early days. Some people have trained to be vicious killers. I, for one, am more afraid of other terriers more so than pit bulls.

However, imagine a Labrador retriever logo or for that matter, some other silly friendly puppy. Do you really think that would sell regardless of the product? Pit bulls have the image of toughness even if not vicious. I'd rather have a tough pedal than a silly, stupid pedal.
    According to the CDC, dog attacks that require medical attention are a breed specific problem. Pit Bulls are the overwhelming culprit. They kill people. Few other dogs are cited in these incidents. The CDC estimates 9/10 Pitt type dogs are safe. That number is insane. Would you buy a handgun that is probable to blow of your arm 1 in 10 times?
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

[REDACTED]

I talked to the graphics guy and he took the sharp teeth away from our pit bull. What do you think? I think it looks silly. Also another poster had written asking for a red box, which I had the graphics guy whip up. I actually think that the red one looks pretty good.
    I like this one better (human front teeth) than the previous ( fake pointy teeth).

Better yet, do one with realistic looking dog teeth.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    According to the CDC, dog attacks that require medical attention are a breed specific problem. Pit Bulls are the overwhelming culprit. They kill people. Few other dogs are cited in these incidents. The CDC estimates 9/10 Pitt type dogs are safe. That number is insane. Would you buy a handgun that is probable to blow of your arm 1 in 10 times?
    Bad analogy. My point is that pit bulls are not vicious unless they are trained to be vicious. Any dog can be dangerous under the wrong cercumstsnces.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Since you're going to be paying for the second color, red, use it to make your logo more visually arresting... use the red ink as blood dripping from the dog's mouth where it is clenched on the pedal.

PS: The human teeth are dumb. If you're committed to the name pitbull, don't halfass it.

gazing from the shadows
    Bad analogy. My point is that pit bulls are not vicious unless they are trained to be vicious. Any dog can be dangerous under the wrong cercumstsnces.
    It doesn't take long for a breeder to cull the nice dogs and breed the aggressive ones through many generations. How many generations in 10-20 years? Breeders say that 30-50 years is what it takes to produce a new BREED, so 10-20 can produce a LOT of change.

Not all breeders do this of course, but you likely won't know if a particular pit has that history or not.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Since you're going to be paying for the second color, red, use it to make your logo more visually arresting...
    Bloody! Heh.

The box color is determined by what material you buy. The label is printed. Printing a second color generally adds to the cost compared to one color printing. Looking at a sample of a whopping one source, two color adds 25-40% to the cost depending on order size (for 500 and 10,000 order labels, small square ones).

Still, that's not going to be a lot of money total, likely less than $100 difference for 10,000 labels. Pennies matter though, for a new business, so even small cost differences should be considered.

RoadBikeReview Member
    What this says to me is one in ten Pitt owners are the problem, blame the owner\trainer not the dog.
    Too old to ride plastic

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    What this says to me is one in ten Pitt owners are the problem, blame the owner\trainer not the dog.
    Bingo!!!!! Any dog can become vicious and dangerous if mistreated.

BTW, it should be noted for the box design that pit bull is two words, not one. It's pit bull, not pitbull.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    The teeth proportions are off a bit. But I think it looks better. It looks more like a substantial grip as opposed to super pointy teeth that look like they'll break off.
    Sounds like you may be right, I just don't think that it looks like the teeth of a dog anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Correction, I did not ASK for red.

I SUGGESTED red.

You seem to have a problem with changing what happens to fit the narrative you want to exist.
    Be real, I thought I was doing the right thing and I actually do like the red box. Lighten up

Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post

Can numbers have opinions?
    Ok

Nope. And the numbers are so vastly overwhelming.

More than 50% of all pit bulls in the USA are up for sale or adoption. (Merritt Clifton, 2019 Dog Breed Survey.)
    Most of the pit bulls offered for sale or adoption have been given up by their former owners. (Merritt Clifton, "Rescued" pit bulls now outnumber pit puppies.)
    Between 19% and 32% of all dogs taken to shelters are pit bulls. (Emily Weiss, Rising from the Pitt [19%]; Merritt Clifton, "Rescued" pit bulls now outnumber pit puppies [32%].)
    Pit bulls remain in shelters approximately three times as long as other breeds.
    Forty percent of pit bulls in shelters are euthanized every year. (Emily Weiss, Rising from the Pitt, ASPCAPro, https://www.aspcapro.org/blog/2017/05/19/rising-pit).

Pit bulls bite more humans than other breeds
    From February 2013 to present, Animal control and health departments in 19 U.S. states report that pit bulls are leading all breeds in biting incidents. The studies are summarized and linked at Dogsbite.org, Pit Bulls Lead "Bite" Counts Across U.S. Cities and Counties, http://blog.dogsbite.org/2009/07/pit...across-us.html.

In the 10 years from 2009 to 2018, pit bulls killed or maimed 3,569 people in the USA and Canada. (Merritt Clifton, Dog Attack Deaths & Maimings, U.S. & Canada, 1982-2018 Log.)
    They killed over 80% of all Americans who are killed by dogs. (Colleen Lynn, 2015 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities, at http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-sta...ities-2015.php.)
    In the 13-year period from 2005 to 2017, pit bulls killed 283 Americans. (Colleen Lynn, 12-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart and Colleen Lynn, 2017 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities.)
    In 2018, pit bulls killed 25 of the 34 Americans who died because of a dog attack. Eighteen of the pit bull victims were the pit bull's owner, a family member of the pit bull's owner, or a baby (not a member of the family) that the pit bull owner was watching. It can be safely assumed that pit bulls usually bite the same type of person they usually kill, namely their owners and the owner's family.

Pit bull bites are more deadly than those of other breeds
    Studies by health care providers establish that pit bull attacks are associated with higher median Injury Severity Scale scores, a higher number of hospital admissions, higher hospital charges, and a higher risk of death. (Bini, John K. MD; Cohn, Stephen M. MD; Acosta, Shirley M. RN, BSN; McFarland, Marilyn J. RN, MS; Muir, Mark T. MD; Michalek, Joel E. PhD, Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs, Annals of Surgery: April 2011, vol. 253, iss. 4, pp. 791–797, cited at http://journals.lww.com/annalsofsurg...s_Dogs.23.aspx.)

The most recent study of dog bites, authored entirely by physicians, concludes that injuries from pit bulls are both more frequent and more severe. (Essig Jr., Garth F., et al., Dog Bite Injuries to the Face: Is There Risk with Breed Ownership? A Systematic Review with Meta-Analysis, Int. J. of Ped. Otorhinolaryngology 117 (2019) 192-188; accessed 3/25/2019 at https://bit.ly/2HShg80.)

Pit bull owners are more likely to be irresponsible
    In nearly all of the cases in which Attorney Kenneth M. Phillips has been consulted, where a pit bull killed a person, the pit bull owners had no insurance and therefore the victim's family received no justice in the form of compensation.

Published, peer-reviewed studies in authoritative journals of psychology and forensic science establish that pit bulls owners as a whole -- statistically -- are more likely to be socially deviant, engage in crimes involving children, domestic violence, alchohol abuse, and violent crimes against other persons. (Jaclyn E. Barnes, Barbara W. Boat, Frank W. Putnam, Harold F. Dates, and Andrew R. Mahlman, Ownership of High-Risk ("Vicious") Dogs As a Marker for Deviant Behaviors

Pit bulls kill their owners, family members and babies more than half the time
    Of the 31 Americans killed by dogs in 2016, 23 were killed by pitbulls and their mixes, and 12 of those 23 victims were either the owner of the pitbull (4) or a member of the pitbull owner's family (8). (See details given by Colleen Lynn, http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-sta...ities-2016.php.)

In 2017, of the 39 Americans killed by dogs, 29 were killed by pitbulls and their mixes, and 18 of those 29 victims were either the owner of the pitbull or a family member (including a relative). (See Colleen Lynn, https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-st...ities-2017.php.)

In 2018, 34 Americans were killed by dogs, 25 of the killer dogs were pit bulls, and 16 of the 25 pit bulls killed their owner or the owner's family member; the victims of two other fatal pit bull attacks were babies not a member of the pit bull owner's family that the pit bull owners were watching. (Phillips, Kenneth, Pit Bull Killings - 2018, https://bit.ly/2Wubi1j.)

Pit bulls also have been known to eat their owners. In 2019, when the police went in search for Freddie Mack (57, Johnson County), they could not find him, but they found bits of his bones and clothes in the excrement of his 15 pit bulls. (Sheriff: Missing North Texas man was eaten by his own dogs, Fox4News.com, July 10, 2019, https://bit.ly/2YR4BrD.)

Females are the most frequent victims in fatal pit bull attacks
    In 2018, 25 Americans were killed by pit bulls, and 19 of them were female adults or female children. (Phillips, Kenneth, Pit Bull Killings - 2018, https://bit.ly/2Wubi1j.)

Pit bulls kill more children than any other breed of dog
    In 2017, dogs killed 15 children out of the 39 total human fatalities. Pit bulls kllled 8 of the 15 youths. (See Colleen Lynn, https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-st...ities-2017.php.)

In 2018, dogs again killed 15 children, and pit bulls killed at least 9 of those 15 ("at least" because the authorities have concealed the breed of one of the dogs that killed a child.) (See Colleen Lynn, 2018 Dog Bite Fatalities and Phillips, Kenneth, Pit Bull Killings - 2018, https://bit.ly/2Wubi1j.)

Pit bulls are the No. 1 canine killers of other people's pets and animals
    In 2017, pit bulls killed 13,000 dogs, 5,000 cats and 20,000 horses and other farm animals. (See Merritt Clifton, 'Pit Bull Roulette' killed 38,000 other animals in 2017.) Having destroyed more than 90% of other animals killed by dogs, the breed became the number one killer of other people's pets, horses and farm animals.

Pit bulls engage in home invasions more often than any other dog
    Approximately once per month during 2015, 2016 and 2017, a pit bull has entered the home of a person not its owner for the purpose of killing or injuring people or pets. In addition to homes, the invaded premises have included apartments, schools and even a police station. There were 16 such incidents in 2015, 17 in 2016, and 11 in 2017, with the first recorded one in 1912. (See Safety Before Pit Bulldogs, Extreme Attacks: List of Invasion Attacks by Pit Bulls, at Safety Before Pit Bulldogs: Extreme Attacks: List of Invasion Attacks by Pit Bulls.)

Pit bull attacks (deaths and disfigurements) are on the rise
    Fatal and disfiguring attacks by pit bulls have risen 830% since 2007. (Merritt Clifton, Record 33 fatal pit bull attacks & 459 disfigurements in 2015, at http://www.animals24-7.org/2016/01/0...ments-in-2015/)

The pit bull attack cover-up is on the rise
    The authorities either unwittingly or purposely are engaging in a cover-up pertaining to pit bull violence. In the three decades from 1982 t0 2013, only 45 canine homicides or disfigurements were by dogs of an unidentified breed, but in 2014 there were 36 and in 2015 there were 78. (Merritt Clifton, Record 33 fatal pit bull attacks & 459 disfigurements in 2015, at http://www.animals24-7.org/2016/01/0...ments-in-2015/)

Breeding pit bulls adds to the pit bull problem
    Over 40% of the USA's pit bulls are homeless, according to the latest survey (Merritt Clifton, 2018 Dog Breed Survey: At Least 41% of U.S. Pit Bull Population Are Seeking Homes, at https://www.animals24-7.org/2018/06/...seeking-homes/). The percent of homeless pit bulls is probably over 50% because rescues and shelters falsely advertise two out of ten pit bulls as being some other breed. This means half or nearly half of the nation's pit bulls are seeking homes. Breeding pit bulls potentially adds to that number.
    It appears you've done your homework, this is just a pedal with a picture on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    BubbaGump was clearly correct in post #2:
    If you don't want opinions, don't start a thread asking for opinions.
    I've used multiple opinions and listened to every one of them. I've tried to respond to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    No doubt. But... it doesn't matter. The point of a brand asset - name, logo, color, imagery, etc. is to make a connection, establish an association... You know - Mustang = free spirit, speed; Amazon - discovery, limitless; Google - enormous... Some are a bit abstract - Nike - not many consumers knew that Nike was the Goddess of Victory... Some are very abstract - Who knew (or cared) that Starbuck was the firstmate on the Pequod... Ahab's boat... from Moby Dick.

But abstract is better than negative, like a the pit bull. Ask a 1,000 consumers - consumers of cycling products, not cigarettes, the National Enquirer and lottery tickets - and you'll hear "dangerous", "vicious", "attacks", "white trash", "wannabe gangsters... actual gangsters" "trailer parks"... You won't hear "safer", "quicker", "easier"

But, as Mr. Pitbull said... that's my opinion.
    Are intention was a dog biting down on the pedal. That particular dog just came to mind, it never dawned on us that people would think so badly of this particular breed when it involves a bike pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    Is the random pit bull out there that you encounter on the street more likely to bite you than other dog breeds. Probably so given the types of people who own them. But if you control for that, the breed itself is probably no more dangerous than any other.

I agree that its a silly name for a bike accessory. It has connotations of a pedal that just won't let go. As in what happens at a stop sign.
    Maybe you did not see that the pedal does release with the same turn of the heel as with any other road bike pedal. It will only come out when you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Originally Posted by xxl
    Going with that, how about incorporating a depiction of dog's teeth biting down on the sides of the box?--reinforces the whole "pitbull mouth" idea.

Re simplicity, having dog teeth on the sides needn't drive up costs appreciably--the labels can still be B&W.

Getting the label on straight will be important no matter what's on the label. My conception of it was that the sides would be the only visual reference to a dog (subtle, and possibly less likely to evoke images of "rabid" dogs ), and you'd also have the more valuable label real estate on the top of the package for your brand, logo, etc.
    That is an idea, thank you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    Wow, you're really good at 'staying in character'! I almost believe that you actually are a narcissistic [email protected]$$......
    I'm only going to respond to you with saying goodbye, as you are out of touch.

I like this one better (human front teeth) than the previous ( fake pointy teeth).

Better yet, do one with realistic looking dog teeth.
    We'll keep refining the design before it goes to print.

Since you're going to be paying for the second color, red, use it to make your logo more visually arresting... use the red ink as blood dripping from the dog's mouth where it is clenched on the pedal.

PS: The human teeth are dumb. If you're committed to the name pitbull, don't halfass it.
    We just had the human teeth drawn up as just to show what some of the other forum members had suggested/requested. I did not particularly like it either.

Bloody! Heh.

The box color is determined by what material you buy. The label is printed. Printing a second color generally adds to the cost compared to one color printing. Looking at a sample of a whopping one source, two color adds 25-40% to the cost depending on order size (for 500 and 10,000 order labels, small square ones).

Still, that's not going to be a lot of money total, likely less than $100 difference for 10,000 labels. Pennies matter though, for a new business, so even small cost differences should be considered.
    I agree, we are doing the best that we can. I did like the red box with the black and white label that someone had mentioned.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sounds like you may be right, I just don't think that it looks like the teeth of a dog anymore.
    They didn't look like dog teeth before. NO dog has pointy teeth like that.

It appears you've done your homework, this is just a pedal with a picture on it though.
    Yes I've been following the 'myth' of the cute lovable mild mannered pit bull for a long time. Reasonable people and parents with dead and mauled children know otherwise.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

gazing from the shadows

Be real, I thought I was doing the right thing and I actually do like the red box. Lighten up
    The verb "ask" has deferential connotations in a way "suggest" does not. Casting others into a deferential position is a power play. If my pointing that out offends you, fine with me.

I suggest you consider how others will take your words, and consider them seriously. That does not mean you will agree with how they take your words, but you should recognize that you have managed to alienate many here with your words, and your response to their words multiple times.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Bingo!!!!! Any dog can become vicious and dangerous.
    I fixed it for you. This is a vastly more truthful statement. Many factors will effect canine behavior, training and handling included, but they are from single source determinants. Genetics, health and disease status and many more factors are in play. The fact that our own CDC is telling us that dog attacks are a breed specific problem is really telling. It says Pit and bull type dogs are vastly more dangerous than all other breeds combined by a factor of nearly 10. That’s just data. Trying to presume poor handling as causal of a magnitude different than all other dogs is a fools assumption. They could be abused at double the rate and not even come close to explaining the data. I have a friend who runs a coon hound rescue and every one of his dogs has abused and has been trained to be exceedingly violent. Not a single dog has an aggression or violence problem. We may not always like what data says but that has no impact on the data.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    How about a compromise... a disclaimer on the packaging.

CAUTION: Pit bulls are statistically implicated in more dog attacks than other breeds. Please be very careful when encountering an actual pit bull. In fact, avoid these dogs unless you know the dog personally. Even then, be super careful. Pit Bull Pedals in no way advocates actual pit bull biting for attaching your shoes to our pedals. No dogs were harmed in designing, manufacturing and selling Pit Bull Pedals. Compared to the cleats you already use, these pedals are fail. Use your head. Don't buy these pedals.

Russian Troll Farmer
    I fixed it for you. This is a vastly more truthful statement. Many factors will effect canine behavior, training and handling included, but they are from single source determinants. Genetics, health and disease status and many more factors are in play. The fact that our own CDC is telling us that dog attacks are a breed specific problem is really telling. It says Pit and bull type dogs are vastly more dangerous than all other breeds combined by a factor of nearly 10. That’s just data. Trying to presume poor handling as causal of a magnitude different than all other dogs is a fools assumption. They could be abused at double the rate and not even come close to explaining the data. I have a friend who runs a coon hound rescue and every one of his dogs has abused and has been trained to be exceedingly violent. Not a single dog has an aggression or violence problem. We may not always like what data says but that has no impact on the data.
    The REAL problem with the pitbull breed is that there is that they are used as an assault weapon by a segment of our society who aren't allowed to have any other types of assault weapons....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Huge in Japan

CAUTION: Pit bulls are statistically implicated in more dog attacks than other breeds. Please be very careful when encountering an actual pit bull. In fact, avoid these dogs unless you know the dog personally. Even then, be super careful. Pit Bull Pedals in no way advocates actual pit bull biting for attaching your shoes to our pedals. No dogs were harmed in designing, manufacturing and selling Pit Bull Pedals. Compared to the cleats you already use, these pedals are fail. Use your head. Don't buy these pedals.
    I'm more of a visual kind of person, like the depiction of a baby about to drown crossed out on the side of plastic buckets. Perhaps a stick drawing with a child's head being crushed in the mouth of a pitbull crossed out would be more universally understandable.
    Interwebs bumpersticker goes here

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by craiger_ny View Post
    I'm more of a visual kind of person, like the depiction of a baby about to drown crossed out on the side of plastic buckets. Perhaps a stick drawing with a child's head being crushed in the mouth of a pitbull crossed out would be more universally understandable.
    Thinking of the international and illiterate audience. I like the cut of your jib. It's like Ikea instructions.

And next to the graphic you suggested... another graphic showing the same child-killing, head-chomping dog... but clenched onto a bike pedal, with a big green check mark next to the graphic.

I'm extremely tempted to fire up my photoshop and make these graphics.

RoadBikeReview Member
    my anecdotal evidence that pits are sketchy AF as pets...a former girlfriend has two of them, both are pound rescues.

altho one was usually docile and friendly, once while playing with it, it grabbed my forearm in its mouth, induced very painful pressure, and refused to release it for well over a minute.

the other is the most psychotic animal I've ever been around. I didn't like being anywhere near this walking hand grenade. if you made even casual, brief eye contact with it, it laid its ears back and growled. I never attempted to pet or play with this scary, hostile beast.

these dogs would occasionally, for no apparent reason, go from resting peacefully to attacking each other and engage in flesh-ripping combat. wtf?

and for the record, these unpredictable dogs are one reason I no longer see their owner. seriously disliked being around them. would NEVER consider owning one.

so, yeah...the whole pitbull logo is a turn-off for me.
    Last edited by Oxtox; 10-26-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    A home on one of my cycling routes has three Pitt Bulls in the yard, and they are the least likely dogs to create a commotion to my presence.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    They didn't look like dog teeth before. NO dog has pointy teeth like that.

Yes I've been following the 'myth' of the cute lovable mild mannered pit bull for a long time. Reasonable people and parents with dead and mauled children know otherwise.
    With what so many people have said about the teeth, we may decide to blunt them just a bit.

The verb "ask" has deferential connotations in a way "suggest" does not. Casting others into a deferential position is a power play. If my pointing that out offends you, fine with me.

I suggest you consider how others will take your words, and consider them seriously. That does not mean you will agree with how they take your words, but you should recognize that you have managed to alienate many here with your words, and your response to their words multiple times.
    You must of done a lot better in English class than I did, I'm just a guy with an idea. I build cabinets for a living.

I know that we are talking about actual pit bulls, but I'm trying to steer away from dog facts and back to the pedal.

That is your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    The REAL problem with the pitbull breed is that there is that they are used as an assault weapon by a segment of our society who aren't allowed to have any other types of assault weapons....
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by craiger_ny View Post
    Just dogs dogs dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    my anecdotal evidence that pits are sketchy AF as pets...a former girlfriend has two of them, both are pound rescues.

altho one was usually docile and friendly, once while playing with it, it grabbed my forearm in its mouth, induced very painful pressure, and refused to release it for well over a minute.

the other is the most psychotic animal I've ever been around. I didn't like being anywhere near this walking hand grenade. if you made even casual, brief eye contact with it, it laid its ears back and growled. I never attempted to pet or play with this scary, hostile beast.

these dogs would occasionally, for no apparent reason, go from resting peacefully to attacking each other and engage in flesh-ripping combat. wtf?

and for the record, these unpredictable dogs are one reason I no longer see their owner. seriously disliked being around them. would NEVER consider owning one.

so, yeah...the whole pitbull logo is a turn-off for me.
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    A home on one of my cycling routes has three Pitt Bulls in the yard, and they are the least likely dogs to create a commotion to my presence.
    They are probably well trained.

With all of this conversation, if the shoe was on your foot, what would you people have chosen for a name to help to insure sales? We already have the egg beater, the lollipop, OMG.

RoadBikeReview Member
    shoulda gone with Python Pedal...

snakes are way more cuddly than pit bulls.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    LokkJaww

KingKlench

EzEngage

SnapPedals

SnapDragon Pedals

RoadBikeReview Member
    Anyone else think their next thread be begging for marketing advice?
    Giant TCR

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    shoulda gone with Python Pedal...

snakes are way more cuddly than pit bulls.
    Not a bad name. I actually do think that name sounds pretty good.

LokkJaww

KingKlench

EzEngage

SnapPedals

SnapDragon Pedals
    Fairly good, I think the previous comment with Python Pedal is my favorite suggestion so far. Not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by threebikes View Post
    Anyone else think their next thread be begging for marketing advice?
    There is no begging of any sort, there is just an open discussion and having fun. Some people just take things over the top.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast