Pitbull pedal packaging design - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    SnapDragon

FTW

Aww, look at that face.

"I'd never ever crush a child's skull in my jaws! ...unlike some creatures."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    The REAL problem with the pitbull breed is that there is that they are used as an assault weapon by a segment of our society who aren't allowed to have any other types of assault weapons....
    I hear that... but I doubt it could explain the data.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    The REAL problem with the pitbull breed is that there is that they are used as an assault weapon by a segment of our society who aren't allowed to have any other types of assault weapons....
    You don't actually think that makes any difference to them do you? You can't think the law prevents that segment from getting their hands on firearms do you?
    #promechaniclife

Banned Sock Puppet
    Anyone want to make bets how long it takes before the mods move this thread over to P.O.?
    "COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL - VOTE in November." - System Shock.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    You don't actually think that makes any difference to them do you? You can't think the law prevents that segment from getting their hands on firearms do you?
    You can walk down any street with a pitbull on a leash. Even a felon can do this without being stopped. Walking down the street with an AK-47 would get you stopped in no time at all.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

xxl
    [QUOTE=Pitbull Pedal;5355579]...

You must of done a lot better in English class than I did....

^Wedding cake-sweet, that irony.

More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

There are over 6.2 million covid cases in the United States (as of September 6th), eight months after Donald Trump said it was "totally under control," and that "it's gonna be just fine."

RoadBikeReview Member
    You can walk down any street with a pitbull on a leash. Even a felon can do this without being stopped. Walking down the street with an AK-47 would get you stopped in no time at all.
    Actually, I think more states have open carry laws than donít... And, the problem with Pits is that they arenít necessarily reliable in the capacity you reference, more so, they are like carrying around a hand grenade without a pin in it.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    [QUOTE=xxl;5355747]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post

You must of done a lot better in English class than I did....

^Wedding cake-sweet, that irony.

Just doing the best I can with what I have to work with.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Lets try and keep all the political stuff out, if anyone else has anything to say that is constructive I will respond. Enjoy the week.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2016
    I just see so many ways that the packaging price is going to go way up with this design. So many ways to make it more affordable. But I guess they are set on that design.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chad.trent View Post
    I just see so many ways that the packaging price is going to go way up with this design. So many ways to make it more affordable. But I guess they are set on that design.

I'm not really sure what you are saying. We've only had 1 attempt at a design and the only change we've tried is switching the box color to red which I do actually like.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2016
    I'm not really sure what you are saying. We've only had 1 attempt at a design and the only change we've tried is switching the box color to red which I do actually like.

I'm talking about the package itself. Is it folding carton? Corrugated? Is there a label on the outside? What does the inside look like?

xxl
    Just doing the best I can with what I have to work with.
    Then I suggest you focus on that, instead of engaging in pointless reprimanding and debate with someone who gave you the honest advice you sought, and who "must've done a lot better in English class than [you] did."
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

There are over 6.2 million covid cases in the United States (as of September 6th), eight months after Donald Trump said it was "totally under control," and that "it's gonna be just fine."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    I'm talking about the package itself. Is it folding carton? Corrugated? Is there a label on the outside? What does the inside look like?
    It is just a standard cardboard box with a cigar lid and it is a label that goes on top and wraps around the front and bottom which seals the lid. Inside will just be minimal as we are trying to promote the entire pedal as minimalist but perfectly functional.

Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Then I suggest you focus on that, instead of engaging in pointless reprimanding and debate with someone who gave you the honest advice you sought, and who "must've done a lot better in English class than [you] did."
    Everything is ok on my end.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2016
    It is just a standard cardboard box with a cigar lid and it is a label that goes on top and wraps around the front and bottom which seals the lid. Inside will just be minimal as we are trying to promote the entire pedal as minimalist but perfectly functional.
    I know elsewhere you mentioned keeping costs down. The label will double your costs. Plus introduce a lot more labor as it can't be applied during the production process, and will have to be applied once the pedals are in the box and is closed up. You also need to think about the pedals being in a store. If they can't be opened and looked at before purchase people are going to be very reluctant to buy them.

A cigar lid indicates no tabs to hold the lid shut. This is a very poor design. It will create nothing but headaches. Also, the inside of the box being "minimal" doesn't say much. There will need to be some way to keep the pedals/cleats/etc from moving around. It can be done with corrugated or foam or other options. But it does need to be taken into account. Both methods have their advantages and drawbacks.

Have you worked with a packaging designer or just had your graphics guy come up with a box?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    I know elsewhere you mentioned keeping costs down. The label will double your costs. Plus introduce a lot more labor as it can't be applied during the production process, and will have to be applied once the pedals are in the box and is closed up. You also need to think about the pedals being in a store. If they can't be opened and looked at before purchase people are going to be very reluctant to buy them.

A cigar lid indicates no tabs to hold the lid shut. This is a very poor design. It will create nothing but headaches. Also, the inside of the box being "minimal" doesn't say much. There will need to be some way to keep the pedals/cleats/etc from moving around. It can be done with corrugated or foam or other options. But it does need to be taken into account. Both methods have their advantages and drawbacks.

Have you worked with a packaging designer or just had your graphics guy come up with a box?

Thanks, we have basically just been working with our graphics designer to come up with an idea for the box and label. We will be boxing them ourselves in the beginning with family members to see if we can get it to take off. There will be foam inside to hold the pedals and since our package has multiple sets of cleats that come standard with ours they will be in a small clear bag.

I'm hoping a store would have one box open for display and we are making a handheld display for a customer to operate the pedals by hand to see how they function.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2016
    Thanks, we have basically just been working with our graphics designer to come up with an idea for the box and label. We will be boxing them ourselves in the beginning with family members to see if we can get it to take off. There will be foam inside to hold the pedals and since our package has multiple sets of cleats that come standard with ours they will be in a small clear bag.

I'm hoping a store would have one box open for display and we are making a handheld display for a customer to operate the pedals by hand to see how they function.

Cut foam inside is also very expensive. You can make the supports out of corrugated without any separate pieces. By far the most economical and environmentally friendly. You can also print the boxes instead of a label, which will again save you a lot of money. You are already paying to print it black or red or whatever color you want. You can't print barcodes in red, so if you wanted a red box you would still need a black barcode or a barcode sticker. But it would still be a lot cheaper and a lot less labor intensive than trying to line up a label by hand and get it adhered properly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Thank you for all this info, I will be taking it all into consideration. I consider your comments to be helpful, and like we had mentioned earlier we are going to be sending out roughly 100 boxes of pedals for people that have had helpful suggestions. If you would like we would send you a set as we will be going back through all the prior pages and pulling out select people.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2016
    Thank you for all this info, I will be taking it all into consideration. I consider your comments to be helpful, and like we had mentioned earlier we are going to be sending out roughly 100 boxes of pedals for people that have had helpful suggestions. If you would like we would send you a set as we will be going back through all the prior pages and pulling out select people.

I'll give them a shot. If you want to have your designer contact me I can steer him in the right direction. 120 boxes is not too small of an order to get custom boxes made. We have done orders of less than 20. Obviously the price per piece will go up but it should still be a lot more affordable.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    We'll keep everything in mind as we get closer. We haven't received our first production shipment of pedals yet. The mold is completed for the cleat though.

Russian Troll Farmer
    We'll keep everything in mind as we get closer. We haven't received our first production shipment of pedals yet. The mold is completed for the cleat though.
    Ummmm...I thought the cleat was an assembly of a CNC'd piece of 6061 Aluminum and a piece of spring steel. Where did the mold come in? Are you casting metal, or molding plastic?
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    [QUOTE=Pitbull Pedal;5355579]

I know that we are talking about actual pit bulls, but I'm trying to steer away from dog facts and back to the pedal.

/QUOTE]

Iím not sure what would make you think I care one bit what direction you want ďto steer the conversation?Ē This is an Internet forum, if you donít like what is being posted then leave. Oh wait... you are a retail troll you wouldn't dare leave, this is the only advertising you have.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Has your one test cyclist completed testing? I hope your test cyclists put in at least 20 miles on these pedals before you put them out in the world. You'll need to cite that kind of exhaustive testing as evidence in court if a lawsuit arises from used of your pedals.

gazing from the shadows
    ...we are making a handheld display for a customer to operate the pedals by hand to see how they function.
    Try it by hand.

Or just contemplate the difference between leg strength + body weight versus hand strength.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Try it by hand.

Or just contemplate the difference between leg strength + body weight versus hand strength.
    Yes, good point. Handling the product may be useless as there is no connection to the products application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast