Please help me choose...Focus Cayo Di2 or Fuji Altamira Di2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2002

Please help me choose...Focus Cayo Di2 or Fuji Altamira Di2

Both are identically equipped and the fit is the same. Both are 2012 models. I don't know anything about either bike, less so about the Fuji Altamira. The Altamira will be about $400 more than the Cayo with identical Di2 kits. Is the Focus a better bike than the Fuji?
    In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, our El Guapo is the actual El Guapo who is a big, dangerous man that wants to kill us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Both are solid road bikes and I even own a Fuji, but I just saw that Jenson USA has the 2012 Cayo Di2 on sale for $2,700.00. At that price I wouldn't even think twice about buying the Cayo. The money you save you can use to upgrade things like the seat post and wheels later on once you catch the fever.

Focus Cayo Evo 2.0 DI2 Road Bike '12 > Complete Bikes > Road Bikes | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    Felt F3 (RED)
    Fuji Roubaix ACR 1.0

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just my experience, I have the Cayo and the shifting is so perfect, that is why I wanted the bike and it deliverers in that department.
    My big complaint is that over 30mph on any hill that is not perfectly smooth it does not feel planted or secure.
    I have other bikes that do so I know the difference. I am a longtime bike mechanic and there is nothing loose or mechanicaly wrong with the bike it just seems like it's the geometry. It's a 51cm and maybe the bigger sizes are better, I don't know. Also I have all the spacers under the stem that came on the bike and this might contribute to the problem but I am not in my 20's any more.
    I have tried wheels from my more stable bikes and no difference. If you buy one ride it down a long steep hill first. Under 30mph it's a winner and that is 99% of my riding, but I do like to bomb down hills so that is my only disapointment with the bike.
    Oh yeah, 9 months ago I paid $1000 more then it's selling for right now,
    and that is a pisser.
    Last edited by siclmn; 12-24-2012 at 07:52 PM.

I'm Gumby, Damnit!
    Focus.

I just ordered an Izalco Pro last week. Can't wait ti get my mitts on it.

Looked at the Cayo, but went with the Pro because it's the same frame as the Team.
    Does this saddle make my azz look fat?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2002
    I went with the 2012 Fuji Altamira 2.0 Di2. Got too good a price to pass up and was able to deal thru my local bike shop so that was a plus. Paid a little more than the Cayo thru Colorado Cyclist, but got a professional fitting included. Rode it this past Saturday and Sunday and must say that the Di2 is everything I expected it to be...flawless shifting, no drivetrain noise and the obviously much reduced lever throw over my previous SRAM Rival ride. The ride felt "smoother" but the descending was a little less confidence inspiring than my Colnago Dream. Nothing that made me feel nervous, but going from a 71.5 HT Angle with a 66 trail to a 73 HT Angle with 54 trail did feel noticeable. However, all things considered, this Fuji is a great bike.

The Oval 330 wheels that came on it were beasts! I immediately replaced them with my Campy Proton wheels and dropped 1.75 pounds. That weight reduction took into account that my Protons have Vittoria Diamante tires, 6700 cassette and Salsa Ti skewers compared to the Oval 330's that had heavy Hutchinson tires, 105 cassette and steel skewers. Once my Williams carbon post comes in, I'll be able to reduce the weight by another 100grams
    In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, our El Guapo is the actual El Guapo who is a big, dangerous man that wants to kill us.