0 0%
  • Spin Class at the Gym

3 7.14%
  • Generic Indoor Trainer

20 47.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    The poll could have included ďdo not use an indoor trainer, always outside bike milesĒ (or similar wording). Having said that I have a 1Up trainer, the last time I rode it was Jan 9th 2011. Since then I made a commitment to ride a bike everyday outside and to date have yet to miss a day. I couldnít give an honest vote on the poll with the choices givin.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    My indoor training is outdoors during the winter months. It's hard for me to get on an indoor trainer, but not impossible. If it's snowing and I am not feeling lazy, I might get on the indoor trainer, might. It's hard, I tell you; it's hard.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    My indoor training is outdoors during the winter months. It's hard for me to get on an indoor trainer, but not impossible. If it's snowing and I am not feeling lazy, I might get on the indoor trainer, might. It's hard, I tell you; it's hard.
    My plan is to build my own indoor velodrome. However, I am still waiting to win the lottery

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    My plan is to build my own indoor velodrome. However, I am still waiting to win the lottery
    You will end up with friends you never knew you had.

Pack Fodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    That's my plan.

That said, Anchorage already has an inflatable dome sports arena that allows us to ride road bikes on the track once a week. Some people ride pace lines, some do TT training, and others just do whatever. A good session during the winter months can attract 20+ riders. To be honest, I don't think a velodrome would attract enough riders to keep the lights on, much less the heat, but since I'd be filthy rich, I wouldn't care so much. I'd bring in a track coach, have a bunch of good rental track bikes, and build the scene from the ground up.

It's good to have dreams...

adheres to Rule #9
    May 2009
    TrainerRoad

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I just do something else -- or possibly nothing at all. Its good to have a break from the bike for a month or two. Indoor trainers are just too painful.

Workin' for the Man
    My heavy commuter is even heavier with studded tires.
    If you would please put your input underneath mine, that would be great. -- Steelflex

RoadBikeReview Member
    Used to use Zwift but got bored so now I go out on my CX unless itís really bad weather then I go to the Gym.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%JR View Post
    Used to use Zwift but got bored so now I go out on my CX unless itís really bad weather then I go to the Gym.
    Did you keep the setup? Sounds like you have much more fun on the CX out on the trails than on the trainer.

That would be my greatest concern that I'd get bored and would have sunken a lot of money into an expensive clothes hanger.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yep, Iíll use my trainer but Iíd really rather ride. Itís 25 degrees right now and Iím heading out with my MTB to do a beach ride.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Did you keep the setup? Sounds like you have much more fun on the CX out on the trails than on the trainer.

That would be my greatest concern that I'd get bored and would have sunken a lot of money into an expensive clothes hanger.
    I kept it for a while but didn't use it much.I think if I had a dedicated space to keep it set-up I might've just hung onto it.I had no trouble selling it on last month...just as it started to turn cool here.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I kept it for a while but didn't use it much.I think if I had a dedicated space to keep it set-up I might've just hung onto it.I had no trouble selling it on last month...just as it started to turn cool here.
    Odd thing now is I am thinking about one of those smart trainers and Zwift. Just doing some research now to see if it's worth it and of any possible benefit to me. This time change has made it too dark to ride after work. I'm trying to keep an open mind on this. One thing for sure is I don't want to spend too much money on a setup.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2018
    Keiser.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12