Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Press-fit 30 bottom brackets that will accomodate Dura-Ace (24mm) axles?

6K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Fireform 
#1 ·
Does anyone make press-fit 30 bottom brackets that directly fit Shimano Dura-Ace 24mm axles? Given the issue of creaking that is commonplace with this idiotic concept (as opposed to threaded BBs), I don't want to add yet another set of surfaces to rub against each other.

If you could list manufacturers/products, and hell, URLs to these products (at online retailers), I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

#3 · (Edited)
#6 ·
Hello all,
Just chiming in as some people emailed me about your questions.
Our Direct Conversion BB is exactly what you're looking for. It's *not* an adaptor, rather a full direct proper BB for Shimano Hollowtech II cranks on BB30, PF30, or Specialized OSBB frames. Our Unique Collet system really sets our design apart from the others. We wanted to give people a reliable proper BB for their Shimano cranks on these frame standards. No creaking...no walking out plastic.... no bonding anything. It's designed to be installed and uninstalled as many times as you like with no special needed tools. You can download the simple step by step instructions right on the product page here.
If you have more questions, please feel free to email or call us at our Santa Cruz office.
Adam@Praxis.

#7 ·
Hello all,
Just chiming in as some people emailed me about your questions.
Our Direct Conversion BB is exactly what you're looking for. It's *not* an adaptor, rather a full direct proper BB for Shimano Hollowtech II cranks on BB30, PF30, or Specialized OSBB frames. Our Unique Collet system really sets our design apart from the others. We wanted to give people a reliable proper BB for their Shimano cranks on these frame standards. No creaking...no walking out plastic.... no bonding anything. It's designed to be installed and uninstalled as many times as you like with no special needed tools. You can download the simple step by step instructions right on the product page here.
If you have more questions, please feel free to email or call us at our Santa Cruz office.
Adam@Praxis.
Sounds like a great idea.... a well-designed product - except for one thing:

You take this bottom bracket, and then have us install it with a plastic sleeve on it. We all know the purpose of this plastic sleeve is to spare you the cost of having to manufacture different bottom brackets for PF 30 frames and BB30 frames.

Yes yes, I know the argument that the Delrin is there to take up the inaccuracies of CF frames. Multiple other companies don't have a provlem with this, and make metal press-in bearing cups.

Make a PF 30 conversion BB that goes directly into the frame, and I'll be your first buyer.

Make a conversion BB for PF 30 frames that does not require any plastic

#19 ·
As a heads up..

Derlin has been used in various configurations of suspension pivots, axle bushings, fork guides and all sorts of bikes and vehicles. Heck I even have them on my motocross bike.

The material is tried and true, if it was compressing like copper there would be a huge amount of discussion about it but there is not. The forces we put on a BB shell are not that great and the strength of the material is far superior.

As with metals they all come in different types, your fast food plastic fork does not use the same plastic as your structural bushings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.