Putting Your Phone in Your Jersey Pocket - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    [REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    I'm talking about when you want to be sending people texts, such as "Wow, what an awesome ride I'm on," or "Damn, that truck is getting really clo--"

Ya know, like how people do when they're driving.

(Srsly, never text while driving, or riding).
    I actually saw a cyclist texting while turning left at an intersection. He either didn't notice the light was red or didn't care.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backdash View Post
    I've heard over the years that there are groups of people whose critical thinking skills are significantly diminished by reading published nonsense on a regular basis.
    Does this mean that while a Smart Phone doesn't cause Cancer it has the ability to cause Stupid?
    Too old to ride plastic

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Can you tell when a phone call or text come through? I don't know if I received a call or text unless I physically check, which I don't do while riding.

I know we all like to talk about the 'good ole days,' but times have changed. You have a whole lot more pissed off drivers who hate us cyclists. Phones come in handy for an emergency situation vs. not having any way of communicating like back in the day. I won't go out without my phone for that alone, plus someone in the group may get sick or injured.
    Point taken and I'm not advocating not having my phone with me for emergencies and I admit that I also use my Strava app on rides. My point was more that I certainly don't need to respond to a call or text immediately while on a ride. It can wait until the next time I check it. Although it's true that it may take a couple seconds longer to snap a video of that irate driver trying to kill me. Luckily I haven't had an experience that bad.......yet.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Keep your phone in a saddle bag and wrap your nads in aluminum foil: problem solved.
    This is an idea worthy of a Kickstarter campaign, cycling shorts with an antibacterial aluminum foil chamois.
    Last edited by velodog; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:35 AM.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    This is an idea worthy of a Kickstarter campaign, cycling shorts with an antibacterial aluminum chamois.
    Oh stop. If you are going to do a Kickstarter campaign it should be for a pedal design that already failed decades ago.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    nah, a zip-up pocket is not needed. this is just another of your unfounded sky-is-falling posts...
    Now that you've mentioned it, I've noticed that my own self.
    Too old to ride plastic

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
    Cyclists should mount their phones on their handlebars, so they can take their eyes off the road to read incoming texts. After all, it's important to respond to messages in a timely fashion or loved ones will get worried.
    Good idea, and if they could make the mount telescope, we could eliminate this problem:

More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    i JUST got $500 worth of video cameras for my bike, had to get a usb charging station for all the electronics on my bike! My phone is in my pocket!
    BANNED

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    If your jersey pocket is near your kidneys, that means you’re wearing a halter top jersey and you have more to be concerned about than just cancer.

What the what???
    I use a Quad Lock case for the phone so I can clip it on to the handlebars. That way I can share my radiation with the world.

Soft things only in the jersey pocket for me (slugs, Jell-O, etc.)... nothing I could impale myself on or that might need to be surgically removed in the event of an accident.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123