Question for the Bianchi buffs
    RoadBikeReview Member

Question for the Bianchi buffs

I just purchased my first Bianchi. Iím a pretty entry rider, currently riding about 4 days a week, 30 to 80km per ride at around a 28-31km/hr avg pace

I was riding a specialized allez for a long time with Claris 8 spd components.

Recently I found a brand new Impulso 105 11spd endurance in my size on sale. Iíve always wanted a Bianchi due to its heritage (also my parents being Italian immigrants) so I figured I love the 105 components and it was a good deal so I bought it. So far Iím loving it but I canít seem to find any info or reviews or anyone talking about this bike online. The only thing that bugs me is itís external cabling

Iíd love to ride it for a season or two and either upgrade wheels / components or sell and spend a bit more cash on an Infinito or sprint.

Does anyone know anything about this impulso or is anyone able to review it / share some info?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Amonini; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:32 AM.

Devoid of all flim-flam
    I've had my share of top name bicycles (among others, Colnago and Time), but I have to say I truly love my Campy Chorus equipped Infinito. Comfortable, instinctive and quick. Enjoy it. Ride the heck out of it.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonini View Post
    Iíd love to ride it for a season or two and either upgrade wheels / components or sell and spend a bit more cash on an Infinito or sprint.
    Ride it until things wear out and then if you want to replace them with higher line components, do it then. Selling it after one year means that you will take the big hit on depreciation, so that is costly. Ride lots (Eddy Merckx advice) and you will find your way to a better bike. Don't ride much and there's no need for a better bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2015
    I agree with "leave it as is" and ride it. Beautiful bike, and some day I will have a Bianchi in Celeste Green. Being Italian, I must do this...

Jim D

Banned Sock Puppet
    Recently I found a brand new Impulso 105 11spd endurance in my size on sale. Iíve always wanted a Bianchi due to its heritage (also my parents being Italian immigrants) so I figured I love the 105 components and it was a good deal so I bought it. So far Iím loving it but I canít seem to find any info or reviews or anyone talking about this bike online. The only thing that bugs me is itís external cabling.
    Nothing wrong with external cables. Much easier to change than internally routed cables.
    "COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL - VOTE in November." - System Shock.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

I love to climb!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Nothing wrong with external cables. Much easier to change than internally routed cables.
    I agree with Lombard. External cables are not a drawback.

It's a nice bike. Enjoy!
    Stop in at Element Sports. www.elementsport.com
    Get Out! Have Fun!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Does anyone know anything about this impulso or is anyone able to review it / share some info?
    Ride it a while and review it for us.