Rant: SUV/SUV Drivers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Back from the dead
    Reputation: mohair_chair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    20,626
    Were you wearing a helmet?

  2. #2
    S2H
    S2H is offline
    wut?
    Reputation: S2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,590

    Rant: SUV/SUV Drivers

    I was out riding today and got buzzed by an SUV and then a second SUV blasted by my left side and the guy yelled that I should get out of the street. WTF.

    I take up like 400,000% less space than an SUV. Why should I get off the road?

  3. #3
    GIMME MY BIKE!
    Reputation: vonteity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    I was out riding today and got buzzed by an SUV and then a second SUV blasted by my left side and the guy yelled that I should get out of the street. WTF.

    I take up like 400,000% less space than an SUV. Why should I get off the road?
    This should be almost as much fun to watch as the helmet rant.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Henry Chinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,558
    Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    Were you wearing a helmet?
    What about underwear?

  5. #5
    S2H
    S2H is offline
    wut?
    Reputation: S2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,590
    I always wear a helmet.

    Did I open a can of worms? I figured cyclists hate SUVs more than anyone. In case this doesn't get people upset, let me add this:

    SUVs are unsafe, unnecessarily large, and ugly. They waste gas. They make it impossible to see around when I drive behind them in my smaller car. I hate SUVs and the TYPICAL SUV driver, which is usually a tiny, tiny woman on her cell phone.

  6. #6
    GIMME MY BIKE!
    Reputation: vonteity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    Helmet, underwear (white briefs), and cycliing shoes. That's it.
    Briefs under your cycling shorts? Serious faux-pas... That's a whole different thread right there!
    Last edited by vonteity; 08-17-2005 at 09:40 AM.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Just Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    I was out riding today and got buzzed by an SUV and then a second SUV blasted by my left side and the guy yelled that I should get out of the street. WTF.

    I take up like 400,000% less space than an SUV. Why should I get off the road?

    Wear an iPod, then you won't hear them.



    I am only kidding of course... That is unless you already wear an iPod, in that case turn it up a little louder.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: biknben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,939
    We'll be looking at 100 responses within an hour. Not of them will make any sense until BJ2 steps in and serves the PIE.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!!!
    Work to Eat / Eat to Live / Live to Ride / Ride to Work

  9. #9
    S2H
    S2H is offline
    wut?
    Reputation: S2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski
    What about underwear?
    Helmet, underwear (white briefs), and cycliing shoes. That's it.

  10. #10
    GIMME MY BIKE!
    Reputation: vonteity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    I always wear a helmet.

    Did I open a can of worms? I figured cyclists hate SUVs more than anyone. In case this doesn't get people upset, let me add this:

    SUVs are unsafe, unnecessarily large, and ugly. They waste gas. They make it impossible to see around when I drive behind them in my smaller car. I hate SUVs and the TYPICAL SUV driver, which is usually a tiny, tiny woman on her cell phone.
    Uht-oh. You just started a war without even realizing it.

    I ranted about soccer moms a while back and some of those married to soccer moms took offense.

    I guarantee you there's a large portion of people on this board that drive unsafe, unnecessarily large, ugly, gass-guzzling SUV's. No doubt, they will be quick to defend their cars.

    I drive a small sedan, but all those SUV-driving-married-to-soccer-mom guys are convinced that I will spit out 2.3 kids and become my own personal version of the anti-christ. What can I say? They obviously know me better than, well, me.

  11. #11
    GIMME MY BIKE!
    Reputation: vonteity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by biknben
    We'll be looking at 100 responses within an hour. Not of them will make any sense until BJ2 steps in and serves the PIE.
    Alright, might as well cut him off at the pass.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #12

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,079
    Quote Originally Posted by vonteity
    I guarantee you there's a large portion of people on this board that drive unsafe, unnecessarily large, ugly, gass-guzzling SUV's. No doubt, they will be quick to defend their cars.
    Not to mention the "Libertarians" who seem to believe that being callous, selfish and obstinate is some kind of tribute to the Founding Fathers.

    And I don't care how high you raise it off the ground, it is still a station wagon.

  13. #13
    S2H
    S2H is offline
    wut?
    Reputation: S2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,590
    Quote Originally Posted by vonteity
    Briefs under your cycling shorts? Serious faux-pas... That's a whole different thread right there!
    I was joking. I meant to say that I had only underwear on with no shorts. Come on, I know better than to wear briefs under my shorts.

  14. #14
    GIMME MY BIKE!
    Reputation: vonteity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    I was joking. I meant to say that I had only underwear on with no shorts. Come on, I know better than to wear briefs under my shorts.
    Psst... I know, I was joking too! ;)

  15. #15
    GIMME MY BIKE!
    Reputation: vonteity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski
    You're only 19 posts into the board. We should cut you some slack. Topics to avoid: underwear, helmets, SUVs, fit questions, frame material questions...what else?
    Politics, Ivan Basso's sister, 650/700c wheels, saddle questions, parenting issues...

    Uh... I'm sure there's more.

  16. #16
    GIMME MY BIKE!
    Reputation: vonteity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by czardonic
    Not to mention the "Libertarians" who seem to believe that being callous, selfish and obstinate is some kind of tribute to the Founding Fathers.

    And I don't care how high you raise it off the ground, it is still a station wagon.
    Wow, I think we just hit the ninth circle of hell. How did this become political?

    Bash! Bash! Bash!

  17. #17
    S2H
    S2H is offline
    wut?
    Reputation: S2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,590
    Quote Originally Posted by vonteity
    Psst... I know, I was joking too! ;)

  18. #18
    S2H
    S2H is offline
    wut?
    Reputation: S2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski
    You're only 19 posts into the board. We should cut you some slack. Topics to avoid: underwear, helmets, SUVs, fit questions, frame material questions...what else?
    That reminds me, could someone please explain proper bicycle fit?

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: biknben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,939
    You need to get yourself one of these anit-buzz devices mounted to your bike.

    BTW: That's not me!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by biknben; 08-17-2005 at 10:05 AM.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!!!
    Work to Eat / Eat to Live / Live to Ride / Ride to Work

  20. #20
    S2H
    S2H is offline
    wut?
    Reputation: S2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,590
    Quote Originally Posted by biknben
    You need to get yourself one of these anit-buzz devices mounted to your bike.

    BTW: That's no me!!!
    What is that thing?

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Henry Chinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    I was joking. I meant to say that I had only underwear on with no shorts. Come on, I know better than to wear briefs under my shorts.
    You're only 19 posts into the board. We should cut you some slack. Topics to avoid: underwear, helmets, SUVs, fit questions, frame material questions...what else?

  22. #22

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,079
    Not really political, hence the quotation marks. I don't do politics.

  23. #23
    GIMME MY BIKE!
    Reputation: vonteity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    What is that thing?
    I know a guy that swears by holding a stick/metal pipe/etc on your bars as you ride. He says cars won't come near you for fear of getting their paint jobs scratched.

    I guess you could tape it to your bars instead of holding it the whole time...

  24. #24
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,047
    Quote Originally Posted by vonteity
    I know a guy that swears by holding a stick/metal pipe/etc on your bars as you ride. He says cars won't come near you for fear of getting their paint jobs scratched.

    I guess you could tape it to your bars instead of holding it the whole time...
    You'd definitely want it to be able to break away... without impaling you.

  25. #25
    GIMME MY BIKE!
    Reputation: vonteity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by filtersweep
    You'd definitely want it to be able to break away... without impaling you.
    True dat. It wouldn't have to be strong or anything. It could even be fairly flexible plastic (as pictured). I wouldn't be caught dead with something like that on my bike, but I'm a stylista.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rage inspiring drivers....your opinions
    By funknuggets in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 10:30 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 10:47 AM
  3. My drivers suck rant (kind of long)
    By fUnkYb0bg in forum Commuting, Touring and Ride Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 08:53 AM
  4. a long rant on laws against idiot drivers
    By weiwentg in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 11:47 AM
  5. how to "outbluff" rude drivers
    By jfd141 in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 11:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.