Removable Core & Valve Extension for 80mm vs non removable Core
    jwk
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Removable Core & Valve Extension for 80mm vs non removable Core

I don't know if anybody tried a removable core using it on an 80mm deep dish rim, but after screwing the extender on, it was impossible to get it to seat all the way down. I also didn't like the fact the removable core could come loose, thus causing air to leak out possibly. Anybody have issues with removable cores leaking? I think I am going to go with the non removable core valve and use the SRAM stock extenders.

'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    anything w/ threads can come loose if you don't tighten it enough...
    #promechaniclife

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    I break cores and then I tried use the tube with no nut ( little round thing we tighten after airing up) and the rest of the core comes flying out.. I now buy tubes with removeable cores just switch out with new cores... broke 3 cores and haven't had a flat in that same time (3 K miles )

Rollin' Stones
    I have used the Vittoria valve extenders with Conti tubes for a couple of years. Excellent products, never had a leak or issue otherwise.
    I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con-men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull-dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh**-kickers, and Methodists!

'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by gp257 View Post
    I break cores and then I tried use the tube with no nut ( little round thing we tighten after airing up) and the rest of the core comes flying out.. I now buy tubes with removeable cores just switch out with new cores... broke 3 cores and haven't had a flat in that same time (3 K miles )
    why are you breaking valve cores? i literally can't remember the last time i had one break. go easy when you're removing the pump, PUSH it STRAIGHT off the valve.
    #promechaniclife

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    anything w/ threads can come loose if you don't tighten it enough...
    To get a good grip on the valve extender, I put plumbers tape on the valve itself to make sure it has a secure grip and that air wont leak out. Usually with threaded ones.