removable presta valve cores
    Get me to In&Out

removable presta valve cores

Just a couple questions. Does anyone make any clincher tubes that have removable valve cores? Would be a lot easier to install those instead of the hunt for 60mm valve stem tubes.

Second question. Does anyone have a secret tool for removing/installing the valve cores. A cheepo plastic one came with my Tufo valve extenders, but it is flimsy plastic that doesn't really seat the extender or the valve core. I am positive one of the spoke nipple wrenches would fit, but I tried my black park spoke wrench that fits DT spokes and it was a no go.
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

Jun 2004

Just bought some from Tri-zone.com - Continential and Vittoria brands (nm)

Just bought some from Tri-zone.com - Continential and Vittoria brands (nm)

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyload
    Just a couple questions. Does anyone make any clincher tubes that have removable valve cores? Would be a lot easier to install those instead of the hunt for 60mm valve stem tubes.

Second question. Does anyone have a secret tool for removing/installing the valve cores. A cheepo plastic one came with my Tufo valve extenders, but it is flimsy plastic that doesn't really seat the extender or the valve core. I am positive one of the spoke nipple wrenches would fit, but I tried my black park spoke wrench that fits DT spokes and it was a no go.
    Continetal's have a removable core. They unscrew....
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

Banned forever.....or not
    Try to find some old Spinergy Rev X valve extenders. They work great. You can open and close the valve when inflating.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Jun 2004

Trying some of the TNI extensions. . .

Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    Try to find some old Spinergy Rev X valve extenders. They work great. You can open and close the valve when inflating.

I have some HED Jets (60 and 90) and my extensions leak, or don't fill at all, and you can't get a good pressure reading . The TNI extension lets you put the core on the end of the extension, has o-rings, and same price as the cheaper non-o-ring ones. Figure it's worth a shot.

Jun 2004

Hey Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hickey
    Continetal's have a removable core. They unscrew....
    Good to hear from you! How'd you fare last year's RftR? Hot as blazes with headwinds to boot! Managed to get my boss her first century though but it was a tough one.

Haven't posted much lately, probably only a handful in the last year or two. Job keeps me busy and happy, still get to ride frequently.

Give a holler if you're in the Denver area. . .

Cheers!

Arrogant roadie.....
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyload
    <>

I have found that a pair of needle-nosed pliers works well if you don't have one of the little plastic tools. I have both the Tufo tool and the Conti one.
    We are the 801
    We are the central shaft