Ride Motivation

Printable View

  • 06-28-2011
    jarbiker
    Ride Motivation
    It's a beautiful summer day, about 80 degrees and sunny. Need to go home and go for a ride but I'd much rather just have a bourbon and coke and a cigar and listen to some tunes. What's up with that?
  • 06-28-2011
    JCavilia
    Except for the cigar and the awful drink, doesn't sound too bad. Gin and tonic would do, though. Diff'rent strokes.

    You're not required to ride every day to be a cyclist. Fausto will forgive you if you take a day off.
  • 06-28-2011
    Clicker7
    Give up cigars and try a Power Bar instead!
  • 06-28-2011
    velodog
    Go out for a ride and then go home and relax with the vices of your choice.
  • 06-28-2011
    jarbiker
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Go out for a ride and then go home and relax with the vices of your choice.

    Yes, my riding allows my consumption of beer and other such drinks. And the cigar is an occasional vise.
  • 06-28-2011
    robdamanii
    Howabout this for motivation:

    Get yer lazy ass off the couch and go for a ride, you f**king slacker.

    Imagine it being said in the best "angry 50's fatherly voice" possible.
  • 06-28-2011
    CoastRider_Oz
    Why ruin your coke with bourbon? Personally, I'd have a good single malt. Neat. Still the cigar and tunes though—good call there!
  • 06-28-2011
    jarbiker
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by robdamanii View Post
    Howabout this for motivation:

    Get yer lazy ass off the couch and go for a ride, you f**king slacker.

    Imagine it being said in the best "angry 50's fatherly voice" possible.


    Holy crap! You sound like my Drill Instructor back when I was going through boot camp in the Marine Corps.
  • 06-28-2011
    Gripped
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jarbiker View Post
    It's a beautiful summer day, about 80 degrees and sunny. Need to go home and go for a ride but I'd much rather just have a bourbon and coke and a cigar and listen to some tunes. What's up with that?

    OMG! I love to ride my bike. Yesterday, I rode my bike to work, rode my bike at lunch, rode my bike home, and rode bikes with the kids. Today is looking the same. It's just fun to roll around on 2 wheels dude.
  • 06-28-2011
    gamara
    What kind of stogy?? Is it a Lewinsky??
  • 06-28-2011
    Clipped_in
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Go out for a ride and then go home and relax with the vices of your choice.

    Wow, and I thought the occasional fast food was a vice...:eek::idea:
  • 06-28-2011
    El Literato Loco
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Clipped_in View Post
    Wow, and I thought the occasional fast food was a vice...:eek::idea:

    I went for a ride with some guys a couple weeks ago, finished at a coffee shop, and bummed a cigarette from a guy nearby. My riding partners had an absolute cow.

    Thing is, I've never been a smoker; since my first one about 10 years ago, I've maybe averaged 2-3 cigarettes a month, maybe less. Didn't matter to them, though. Now I'm committing hate-crimes.
  • 06-28-2011
    jarbiker
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CoastRider_Oz View Post
    Why ruin your coke with bourbon? Personally, I'd have a good single malt. Neat. Still the cigar and tunes though—good call there!

    Yeah sometimes I just have a Knob Creek, neat. Very smooth.
  • 06-28-2011
    jarbiker
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gamara View Post
    What kind of stogy?? Is it a Lewinsky??



    No unfortunately I've not had that flavor. This one is an Alec Bradley Plantation Blend. Last time I checked, President Clinton had hoarded all of the Lewinsky's.
  • 06-29-2011
    ZoSoSwiM
    Cycling is my vice.


    That being said this is a rest week for me... I don't like riding slow when I want to ride fast.. However using my brain to tell my heart to go slow is a pita... so rest weeks aren't much fun for me. Only time I don't like going to a ton of rides. I still do but more for the benefits I reap later on.
  • 06-29-2011
    MiniVanMan
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jarbiker View Post
    Holy crap! You sound like my Drill Instructor back when I was going through boot camp in the Marine Corps.

    You had a couch? What boot camp did you go through? Must have been Paris Island. :p
  • 06-29-2011
    seeborough
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Clicker7 View Post
    Give up cigars and try a Power Bar instead!

    That's stupid! They don't even burn right.
  • 06-29-2011
    andre71144
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jarbiker View Post
    Yeah sometimes I just have a Knob Creek, neat. Very smooth.

    YES with an occasional Ashton
  • 06-29-2011
    jarbiker
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MiniVanMan View Post
    You had a couch? What boot camp did you go through? Must have been Paris Island. :p

    No I was a Hollywood Marine - back in 1973. The couch was in the DI's room or office. They used to call us into the room individually and beat the crap out of us - just for fun.

    Semper Fi
  • 06-29-2011
    jarbiker
    So I go home last night and even though the motivation wasn't there I did manage to get in a 25 mile ride. The difference between champions and the rest is that the champs train even when they don't feel like it - if nothing physical is wrong.
  • 06-29-2011
    robdamanii
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jarbiker View Post
    So I go home last night and even though the motivation wasn't there I did manage to get in a 25 mile ride. The difference between champions and the rest is that the champs train even when they don't feel like it - if nothing physical is wrong.

    Good on ya. You're right. If the drive to succeed>drive to lounge, you'll be out there every time.