Saddle height with Fizik Saddle?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006

Saddle height with Fizik Saddle?

I used to ride a Specialized Toupe. Saddle height set to 74cm from center of bottom bracket to top of saddle, along center of projected seat tube. Never had a problem riding it this way for years.

Now I bought a Fizik Antares. Love the saddle, the way it feels and everything. Now I set the height the same way, but it feels bit low, and now I'm getting knee pain.

I notice that the shape of the Toupe saddle is rather curved. The Fizik is just about COMPLETELY flat.

Do I have to raise the Fizik a bit to compensate for it's flatness???? (I don't think the fizik puts my sit bones as high relative to the spot I measure to (the 74cm)).

Anyone else experience this??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    I made the same switch on my Tarmac about a month ago (Toupe to Antares). I actually felt a little more extended, and lowered the Antares a bit. I didn't measure, but I'm guessing around 0.5 cm. I've ridden the new saddle a bunch since then and like it, and the new height, fine. My take: Make a small adjustment in the direction you feel you should go, then ride. Repeat as necessary. You shouldn't be far off. Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Nothing like just raising the saddle and trying it is there?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006
    Thanks for the response. I currently have the Antares 0.5cm higher and 1 cm more set back (when measured from BB to tip of saddle). It felt a lot better today.

It also seems to me, that the sweet spot of the saddle seems more forward compared to the Toupe. So I have to move the saddle more set-back to get the same leg positioning.

But I think everyone will be a little different in this regard. The spot to sit where I find comfortable is probably different.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Scary
    Nothing like just raising the saddle and trying it is there?
    Hey, thanks for your help.