setting my new Cateye Quick
    Devoid of all flim-flam

setting my new Cateye Quick

Anybody have any tricks in setting the proper time on a Cateye Quick? The supplied instructions simply cannot get me to the place where I can input the current time. Oh, I wish Campy or Shimano made one of these! Or maybe Timex.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    My other cateyes (stealth/evo's) came with a computer program you run and plug the usb into it. In there you do all your settings. May not be the same, does it have a usb base cable?
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    My other cateyes (stealth/evo's) came with a computer program you run and plug the usb into it. In there you do all your settings. May not be the same, does it have a usb base cable?
    I found this on the google...looks like the time setting is in the initial setup.

https://www.cateye.com/intl/support/..._HP_ENG_v1.pdf

Devoid of all flim-flam
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    I found this on the google...looks like the time setting is in the initial setup.

https://www.cateye.com/intl/support/..._HP_ENG_v1.pdf
    The first place I tried was the instructions, both the one supplied with the device and the one found online. They're identical. Unfortunately, the device did not respond to what the instructions told me to do. It's as if the instructions leave out a crucial step. The bike shop owner who sold the thing to me wasn't quite sure, either, but supposedly his son knows how. The adventure continues.
    Last edited by Mapei; 05-12-2020 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapei View Post
    The first place I tried was the instructions, ...
    There's your problem right there!

I kid, I start there too. But try youtube and watch someone do it, which is usually my 3rd step (after searching on "can't set time cateye quick" or something like that, since a good hit is a lot faster than watching a video).
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    "Given enough time, a monkey randomly striking keys on a typewriter will eventually end up banging out a copy of Hamlet."

That pretty much summarizes how I programmed the time on my Cateye back when I used a computer.

After that first time, when I needed a new battery I would wait until 12:00 (or whatever the default time was) and program the other stuff then so the time would be right.
    So if you can't figure it out you could always yank the battery and put it back in at the default time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    You can't 'yank the battery' on a cateye, just say'in.
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    You can't 'yank the battery' on a cateye, just say'in.
    Are you being pedantic about the word yank or just wrong as usual? Of course you can take the batter out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    You cannot take the battery out of my cateyes without a major rework of internals, they are hardwired in.
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    You cannot take the battery out of my cateyes without a major rework of internals, they are hardwired in.
    That's definitely not the case with the one the OP owns or any I have experience with.

Hard to imagine any company being dumb enough to design and sell something battery powered where the battery can not be replaced with relative ease but if your model is as such then so be it. The one being discussed isn't.

Never Give Up!
    Any CatEye I ever used always has a battery that can be removed/replaced, you know those nickle size batteries...

Here are the specs of the one from the OP... and as you can see, it comes with removal battery

Product description Cateye Quick E-Limitada
    Simple and stylish, the Quick CC-RS100W bike computer by Cateye focuses on all essential information on speed, time and distance.
    You can read everything the average cyclist wants to know from the high-contrast display with a touch of a button no training and analysis functions needed. The design of the flat computer with built-in mount is characterized by clean lines, so that it perfectly integrates into the overall look of your road racer, urban bike or fixie. An elegant gem with all ride data you need. Perfectly positioned in front of your handlebar to keep your cockpit clean.

Features:

- Easy to read bike computer
    - Programmable odometer
    - Auto start / stop
    - Easy to read inverted display
    - Intuitive menu navigation
    - Battery charge indicator
    - Automatic energy saving function
    - Speed arrow (shows whether the current speed is above or below the average speed)
    - Extremely flat design with integrated out-front mount
    - Removable display
    - Rainproof
    - Wireless, analogue speed sensor

Specifications:

- Time
    - km/h or mph
    - Current speed (0-999 km/h)
    - speed (0-99,9 km/h)
    - Maximum speed (0-99,9 km/h)
    - Distance (0,0 999,9 km)
    - Total distance (0,0 99999 km)
    - Active motion time (up to 9:59'59)
    - Tyre size: 100 mm to 3999 mm
    - Battery bike computer: 1x lithium cell CR 1616 (included)
    - Battery sensor: 1x lithium cell CR2032 (included)
    - Battery life bike computer: approx. 1 year (1 hour of usage every day)
    - Battery life sensor: appprox. 10 000 km
    - Dimensions: approx. 93,5 x 54 x 36 mm
    - Weight: approx. 24 g
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2010 Orbea Onix w/Ultegra R8000
    2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

Devoid of all flim-flam
    Thanks guys for all the help...... Cateye won't return emails. I tried a general reprogramming but the clock still does not adjust. I'll pull the battery next...if of course it does actually remove.

Yes, of course, I could just ignore the perennially wrong time shown on the device (how'd it get there?), but I paid over eighty bucks for the f****er, and I'd really like not to have it laughing in my general direction.

NEWS BULLETIN NEWS BULLETIN NEWS BULLETIN

I took the battery out and put it back in. And yes you can remove da mudder. Started fresh. I played it as conservatively as possible. I chose the first alternative for the clock, which mean...I think...it's on the 24 hour setting. Anyway, it's a good thing I'm using the most dog standard tire size. Who knows what would've happened if I tried to adjust that?
    Last edited by Mapei; 05-12-2020 at 12:38 PM. Reason: New Info

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    The stealth/evo's are gps, don't need a wheel sensor or wheel size. Never heard of a quick and sounds like I wouldn't want one. Mine don't have removable batteries, and they are made by cateye, the same co, so I thought they may be the same.
    Glad you got it fixed.
    BANNED

Banned forever.....or not
    Resetting this thing should be easy. The manual says to press the AC button to reset....PS. wireless old school computers are for sissies......For years and years, I've used a Cateye Astrale 8, wired, rear wheel pick up computer. I like the real old school look, with the wire coiled down the front brake housing, and then coiled down the front derailleur cable. For download, I use a Polar GPS unit, that I use to look at my HR.....(the other figures are too small for my old eyes......Back when I bought it, it was only $29.....I've even have a spare, if it dies.....The only downside is that it was developed so long ago, it only fits 26.0mm.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!