shipping cost for a frame
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007

shipping cost for a frame

does anyone know what shipping would cost (ballpark) from the US to Europe and South America?

I have a frame I'm selling and I get questions on how much it cost to send international (Europe and South America). I do a UPS cost estimate and it gives me some outrageous figure.

Off the back
    FedEx or UPS provide the best prices. I get a discounted corporate rate thru my company and it still runs over $100. Then there's all those pesky customs formalities and paperwork. From my experience, I prefer shipping international to Japan and Canada, only. But just smaller items.

old school drop out
    Europe is about $100 via USPS. South America, Asia and Australia are all more expensive - Australia is in the $300 range.

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    I work from one of the big two shipping companies named above and the only way I'd ship a frame to Europe or South America would be with USPS.. Use UPS or FedEx and you( or your buyer) will pay huge customs fees..

Get a quote from the post office...it shouldn't cost more that $100.

I've purchased frames from Asia and Europe and they've never costed more than $100 shipping when they use the equivelent of USPS.

Just an FYI, when I sell on eBay, I refuse to ship frames internationally. ..I'll ship parts but not frames overseas.... I know I lose on potential buyers but I don't want to deal with the hassle

On the other hand, I have no problems purshasing from overseas... I bought a frame from Japan on Jan 2nd and the seller shipped via EMS( Postal), I had the frame delivered to my door on Jan 5th...
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

B2
    You talking to me?

Parcel Force was not inexpensive

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hickey
    I've purchased frames from Asia and Europe and they've never costed more than $100 shipping when they use the equivelent of USPS.
    I must have done something wrong. I bought a frame from a guy in London last year. Had the frame packaged in the smallest box it would fit in and sent via Parcel Force (UK version of USPS). Cost was something just shy of $300 if I remember correctly.

I would recommend figuring out the exact box size and weight and getting firm quotes before you commit to anything.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

Usps...

If you can fit in a box less than 108" total dimension, USPS Global Priority mail is the way to go. I sent a frame back to Italy for repair for $65.
    Return shipping from Italy was over $250 by Fedex...