Show us your scratched bike
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010

Show us your scratched bike

To those of you who actually ride your bike, show us your paint chips, your top tube scratches, and any dings around your fork.

Too many nice bicycles on here without any good scratches. Let's change that.

Post some nice up-close shots of your beautiful $2K carbon bike scratched to oblivion, and then we'll see who has the bigger smile.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Don't anybody else waste their time. If this was a contest; I'd win, hands down!

Here's my daily rider:

This is rust coming through the powder coat on the under side of the top tube. The bike's on its third paint job:

These are actual pinholes in the top tube, from rust:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    i may be able to top that, even worse it wasnt me that did it, it was some old bastard who crashed a rent a bike straight into mine while he was trying to mount it causing this, i had the bike less than a month at the time

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

Can't help

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetBanana
    To those of you who actually ride your bike, show us your paint chips, your top tube scratches, and any dings around your fork.

Too many nice bicycles on here without any good scratches. Let's change that.

Post some nice up-close shots of your beautiful $2K carbon bike scratched to oblivion, and then we'll see who has the bigger smile.
    Sorry, but I can't help. After nearly 120,000 miles (190,000 km ) my Litespeed Vortex doesn't have a scratch on it. A few nicks in the decals, but that's all.

la dolce vita
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Irons
    Sorry, but I can't help. After nearly 120,000 miles (190,000 km ) my Litespeed Vortex doesn't have a scratch on it. A few nicks in the decals, but that's all.
    +1. My 2001 Moots Vamoots has at least 25,000+ miles on it and you be hard pressed to find many nicks or blems. Even the decals are perfect. A little extra care with where you lean it and a little detailing now and then go a long way. It also doesn't hurt that it's Ti which hides the nicks and such.
    insert witty comment here

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    ha ha, yes thanks for telling me this, especially since my bike was carefully parked against a wall minding its own buisness, you made me feel just fantastic after reading your contributions

la dolce vita
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest_fugue
    ha ha, yes thanks for telling me this, especially since my bike was carefully parked against a wall minding its own buisness, you made me feel just fantastic after reading your contributions
    I read your story a few months back. I feel your pain.
    I have been rear ended in two cars, both less than a year old. I understand.
    insert witty comment here