Sometimes, Fedex ...........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    toomanybikes

Sometimes, Fedex ...........

gives you too much information.

The tracking number I have shows the parcel I am waiting for making its way to Portland, Oregon.

From there to Richmond, BC. (So far, so Good)

From Richmond, BC to Victoria, BC !? I am East, Victoria is West. It's OK, this can be saved, easily.

From Victoria, BC back to Richmond, BC - looks good.

From Richmond, BC to Portland, Oregon (?) WTF!!!??

From Portland, Oregon to Los Angeles, CA - UMMmmm, I'm in Canada!!

From Los Angeles, CA to Portland, Oregon

From Portland, Oregon to Richmond, BC - starting to look good again.

From Richmond, BC to Calgary, AB - Ummmmm, again WTF??!!

At this point, I think my parcel is in Calgary, unless it has since been sent to Dallas, Texas.

It has travelled more this year than I have.

Not knowing might be better.

Failboat Captian
    I'm guessing you're in Ontario? The system probably says Ontario, CA, but has a Canadian ZIP code (equivalent), and it's getting all confused between Ontario California (LA suburb) and your Ontario.

You can take humor in the fact that whatever postage was paid to FedEx, FedEx is losing money on this one.
    "I'm tired of people not treating me like the gift that I am."
    -Paula Abdul

Quote Originally Posted by ToF View Post
    What type of tang does it have?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    The ones I made had a poo tang.

toomanybikes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTooBad
    I'm guessing you're in Ontario? The system probably says Ontario, CA, but has a Canadian ZIP code (equivalent), and it's getting all confused between Ontario California (LA suburb) and your Ontario.

You can take humor in the fact that whatever postage was paid to FedEx, FedEx is losing money on this one.
    Nope, I'm in BC.

About a 4 hour drive from Richmond, BC. Where the parcel has been 3 times so far

This happened with a parcel my wife ordered in the fall.

It almost turns into a spectator sport, sitting down during the afternoon and looking to see where your package is now ...........................

RoadBikeReview Member
    Is this the German Merckx? Hope it is well packed.

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    I was waiting for a package a few weeks ago and the tracker told me it was left at a hub less than 40 minutes away. I was also informed that since it was left there, the expected arrival changed from the 20th to the 27th. And I didn't end up getting it until the 28th. TMI from them. I should have just driven up and asked for it.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

toomanybikes
    Quote Originally Posted by zmudshark
    Is this the German Merckx? Hope it is well packed.
    Nothing quite so exciting.

A set of 10 speed down-tube shift levers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Whew! Being an ex UPS driver, seeing a package mis-routed around N.A. makes me a little bit afraid of the condition the box will be in when it finally arrives.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Better then Canada Post's tracking...

Everytime I order something from MEC, it comes from BC. The tracking basically shows it sitting in BC for 7-10 days, then it miraculously shows up at my house, in Ontario, the next day....

Seat's not level
    I have 2lbs of chocolate waiting for me on my front porch when I get home today. A camera lens will be delivered tomorrow. It's kind of nice knowing where they are - as long as they aren't on the slow boat that your shipment is on.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

waterproof*
    Maybe tied up in Customs?
    * not actually a Rock Star

toomanybikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    Maybe tied up in Customs?
    No, I think just messed up delivery.

Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rbart4506
    Better then Canada Post's tracking...

Everytime I order something from MEC, it comes from BC. The tracking basically shows it sitting in BC for 7-10 days, then it miraculously shows up at my house, in Ontario, the next day....
    The same thing here with UPS. My wheel set shipment tracking info has been the same for the last 4 days: "Billing information received." I'm just hoping it's on its the way.

One of my favorite ones from UPS is when the driver makes note on the tracking info page that say "THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE" while I sat home all day waiting for it because the tracking info said "OUT FOR DELIVERY" from a local UPS hub. The only problem with that is it wasn't a delivery that required signature and the next day the package was left by my front door.

Another one is when it is a delivery that requires signature the UPS driver leaves the unable to deliver notice stuck on my neighbor's door.
    all this will last a blink of an eye

Rollin' Stones
    I love FedEx. In all the cities I've lived in, UPS NEVER got to my house until after 4:30. FedEx always was there before 11 am. Every time. Just this week, UPS hit the door at 4:45. I hate them. I wish online places gave more of an option for shipping.
    I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con-men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull-dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh**-kickers, and Methodists!

toomanybikes
    So in spite of the web site telling me the package got here this morning and was out on a truck at 8AM this morning for local delivery,

And IN spite of my being told on the phone that the package would be delivered to my front door before 6PM tonight,

It is now 7:30 PM.

They have 15.5 hours to get the package to my door, and guess what ..................

They didn't deliver. Even days late because they have shipped it all over the place, still not here wher eit is supposed to be.

Pi$$es me off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005

It's the Lord's way of telling you

Quote Originally Posted by toomanybikes
    Nothing quite so exciting.

A set of 10 speed down-tube shift levers.
    to come into the 21st century, shifter wise

b21

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    My guess. The very small box is getting mixed in with other freight and that's why your getting misroutes all over the place
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

Alx
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Fedex seems to hire completely ignorant drivers. I had a bike being delivered and tracking showed "out for delivery" so I know I usually get packages late in the afternoon. That night nothing came. 3 days later I called their customer non-help line and apparently my package had not been delivered because the driver couldn't find my apartment. I had to chase after the Fedex truck the next time I saw him so I could finally get my package.

May 2002
    There's 3 different fedex's express, ground, and home. Express drivers work for fedex (the company) and drive trucks maintained by fedex. I think ground and home are run by independent contractor's who own the routes, and maintain their own vehicles. My guess is that some of the guys working for a contractor are not paid too well, and there's a lot of turnover and new inexperienced drivers.

May 2002
    If your talking about Fedex(express) I think most of their packages have 10:30 commit times. Ups and Fedex(ground) often do commercial stops earlier than residential stops.

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendrider
    There's 3 different fedex's express, ground, and home. Express drivers work for fedex (the company) and drive trucks maintained by fedex. I think ground and home are run by independent contractor's who own the routes, and maintain their own vehicles. My guess is that some of the guys working for a contractor are not paid too well, and there's a lot of turnover and new inexperienced drivers.
    there are many more than 3 fedex's. there are like 8 or something.

it's just the trucks that are contracted out. all of the sorting/routing/etc etc are done by fedex themselves.

and even the contracted out trucks have some kind of guarantee built in, for example, trucks contracted out to FedEx's custom critical division (and they ALL are that drive for that division) all have like a 1 hour window to deliver the item. if not, even though it isn't fedex's fault, the delivery price is cut in half.

... don't ask how I know that. i'm not really sure.

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzer2424
    there are many more than 3 fedex's. there are like 8 or something.

it's just the trucks that are contracted out. all of the sorting/routing/etc etc are done by fedex themselves.

and even the contracted out trucks have some kind of guarantee built in, for example, trucks contracted out to FedEx's custom critical division (and they ALL are that drive for that division) all have like a 1 hour window to deliver the item. if not, even though it isn't fedex's fault, the delivery price is cut in half.

... don't ask how I know that. i'm not really sure.

Cruzer2424 is correct....trust me..I should know
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

May 2002
    Thats interesting. I have seen a custom critical truck (in the city) what are the other branches? Are you saying in a one block area there may be 8 different drivers? Thanks

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    FedEx Express- Air freight
    FedEx Freight- Over 150 lb ground and ocean freight
    FedEx Ground- small package ground freight
    FedEx Home Delivery- Residential delivery for express
    FedEx Custom Critical- Emergency delivery $$$$

There are others but that's the basics
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

No team-cest unless 8+!
    sooo... did it ever make it?

Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendrider
    If your talking about Fedex(express) I think most of their packages have 10:30 commit times. Ups and Fedex(ground) often do commercial stops earlier than residential stops.
    I'm a Fedex Express driver:

Priority overnight committment is 1030, Priority overnight COD 1200

Standard overnight 1500

Economy 2day 1630 business, 1900 residential

Express saver 3 day 1630 business, 1900 residential...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast