Squeeky '04 Dura-ace BB and Crank
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Squeeky '04 Dura-ace BB and Crank

My BB/Crank has suddenly gotten very squeeky. It's been raining a lot here, so I think that might have something to do with - my ksyriums do the same thing sometimes. Any reccommendations of how to get rid of the squeek would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Topher

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

oil??

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbaby
    My BB/Crank has suddenly gotten very squeeky. It's been raining a lot here, so I think that might have something to do with - my ksyriums do the same thing sometimes. Any reccommendations of how to get rid of the squeek would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Topher
    Apply some oil or spray lube to the splined crank arm connection and the BB threads. Check the torque on the BB and crank arm. Could also be the chainring bolts. Oil them too and check tightness.

PMC
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

thanks in advance

Topher
    One of the guys I ride with had squeaky 04 DA cranks and it turned out the non-drive side crank arm started to come loose. It actually came off when he was out on a solo ride. The cranks were toast and were replaced by the shop where he bought the bike as a warranty repair. I guess Shimano has issued a service bulletin that says the crank bolts should be re-torqued after 100 miles. The service bulletin info is all second hand so don't quote me on it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002
    Hmm, mine are really creaky on standing grunt type of climbs. I better check the tightness!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2001

Squeekie Wheels

thanks in advance

Topher
    I had the same problem. I originally thought it was the BB. But it was the front Ksyrium. I put cycling oil on the spokes where they attach to the rims. You have to put it on the spoke nipple and on the rim. Problem solved.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Nope...this is definately the BB/Crank (nm)

Quote Originally Posted by dicklynn0585
    I had the same problem. I originally thought it was the BB. But it was the front Ksyrium. I put cycling oil on the spokes where they attach to the rims. You have to put it on the spoke nipple and on the rim. Problem solved.
    Nope...this is definately the BB/Crank (nm)

RoadBikeReview Member

easy fix

I had the same problem but I fixed it with teflon tape