Too many uncalled for negative comments. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Quote Originally Posted by siclmn View Post
    In case that you haven't noticed the world has changed and I think it's for the better. No more keeping quiet and biting your lip just to not make waves. It's tell it like it is and no holds barred. Too many things were being pushed under the rug and forgotten. I am all for telling the truth about things but the problem is that we can't agree on what the truth is any more.
    There's a fine line between being brutally honest and being just plain brutal.

Fact is, this thread (and threads like it) pop up with alarming frequency. It's not good for a site to keep scaring off members when the same elder/prolific members have piss-poor attitudes time after time, year after year.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    There's a fine line between being brutally honest and being just plain brutal.

Fact is, this thread (and threads like it) pop up with alarming frequency. It's not good for a site to keep scaring off members when the same elder/prolific members have piss-poor attitudes time after time, year after year.
    haven't noticed any upswing in fond farewells postings. not sure why it took the OP 12 years to get fed up with the 'tone' here...this place is far tamer than it was back in the rah-rah Podium Girls days.

suggest that the more delicate types switch to Bike Forums, it's a hand-holding, love-fest over there.

the helicopter mods squash any comments that are even remotely 'harsh'...
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    haven't noticed any upswing in fond farewells postings. not sure why it took the OP 12 years to get fed up with the 'tone' here...this place is far tamer than it was back in the rah-rah Podium Girls days.

suggest that the more delicate types switch to Bike Forums, it's a hand-holding, love-fest over there.

I would support a stricter moderating policy. I think it sets the tone for civility. Another forum I frequent (not bike related) pretty much deletes a thread the moment it gets personal. Overall, that forum is far much civil as a result. Look at what we have right now. The only two active threads are about bashing fat people and mocking someone that complained about negativity. That's not healthy

Schuylkill Trail Bum

I bailed on bikeforums and came here in 2007 for the reasons you mention.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Over moderated forums are just no damn fun. I'm headed over to P.O. where the real nastiness is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Mike View Post
    Saddle.
    I suppose your saddle is on your saddle post, which is in the saddle tube, which intersects with the saddle stay? ;-)

Eddie Merckx calls it a seat. Oh, and he calls clipless pedals click pedals.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    I suppose your saddle is on your saddle post, which is in the saddle tube, which intersects with the saddle stay? ;-)

and spells his first name with a 'y'.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    Only in English. The Belgian spelling is "Eddy".

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    Yeddie?
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    Which in fact a bike seat is, even though the legs work off the sides like riding a horse. A saddle straps on a horses back, has a nose to hang onto, and stirrup loops to hold the feet. "Saddle" was a carryover from when bikes were overtaking horses on the roads.

Riders also "clip" into clipless pedals. Better to say riders "click" into pedals onto which toe clips aren't attached. It gets confusing.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Mike View Post
    Saddle.
    That's the meanest thing anybody ever said to me.

Russian Troll Farmer

And the mods over there never fail to defend trolls.....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    And the mods over there never fail to defend trolls.....
    Remember the troll that called itself Hannah Montana? Good times. Not.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Which in fact a bike seat is, even though the legs work off the sides like riding a horse. A saddle straps on a horses back, has a nose to hang onto, and stirrup loops to hold the feet. "Saddle" was a carryover from when bikes were overtaking horses on the roads.
    Nose? Stirrup loops?

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by 202cycle View Post
    Over moderated forums are just no damn fun. I'm headed over to P.O. where the real nastiness is.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 202cycle again.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

There are over 6.2 million covid cases in the United States (as of September 6th), eight months after Donald Trump said it was "totally under control," and that "it's gonna be just fine."

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    Nose? Stirrup loops?
    You know; those are the parts of the horse seat.

There are over 6.2 million covid cases in the United States (as of September 6th), eight months after Donald Trump said it was "totally under control," and that "it's gonna be just fine."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    You know; those are the parts of the horse seat.
    I guess horse seats must have different parts than horse saddles. (I can't find a nose on any of our 15 saddles. They do all have stirrups, but I don't see any stirrup loops.)

xxl
    I guess horse seats must have different parts than horse saddles. (I can't find a nose on any of our 15 saddles. They do all have stirrups, but I don't see any stirrup loops.)
    Exactly. It was a (apparently failed) jest on my part, along with "horse seat."

I'm not a member of the horsey set, but oddly enough, a friend of mine who is told me that "stirrup-less" riding is a thing, done by some riders to improve technique; kind of like "fixed gear" horseriding, I guess?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    I'm not a member of the horsey set, but oddly enough, a friend of mine who is told me that "stirrup-less" riding is a thing, done by some riders to improve technique; kind of like "fixed gear" horseriding, I guess?
    Yeah, it's a pretty common training technique, but mainly for those that ride "English". I'd liken it more to riding on rollers -- it improves your balance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Yeah, it's a pretty common training technique, but mainly for those that ride "English". I'd liken it more to riding on rollers -- it improves your balance.
    Getting your horse up onto rollers must take a bit of practice.

gazing from the shadows
    Exactly. It was a (apparently failed) jest on my part, along with "horse seat."
    "Seat" is already a horsey term, fyi. Which is one thing that tripped up your attempt.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    "Seat" is already a horsey term, fyi. Which is one thing that tripped up your attempt.

I was just horsing around. I can't-er-magine I would've provoked so many unbridled comments. Maybe I should've reined in my sense of humor, and tried a different tack.

And I'm spent.

Banned Sock Puppet
    This is too funny. A forum member who only posts once per year or less announces that he's leaving because of negativity and it generates almost 50 replies in 5 days. I think he's actually reading this thread and laughing his arse off. He hasn't deleted his account yet.
    "COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL - VOTE in November." - System Shock.

"With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    hadn't been to BF in a few years, so dropped in just now to see what's happening.

omfg, had forgotten how many clueless posters giving out horrible advice that place has...

I'll take the 'bad attitudes' here over the rank idiocy there any time.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    hadn't been to BF in a few years, so dropped in just now to see what's happening.

omfg, had forgotten how many clueless posters giving out horrible advice that place has...

I'll take the 'bad attitudes' here over the rank idiocy there any time.
    I might have to mosey on over there to be reminded about why I like RBR.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast