• 06-20-2020
    xxl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry Irons View Post
    ^^^ This. Was on a ride and the guy with the deep section wheels had a second flat and I didn't have a long stem tube. Luckily I carry Park instant patches and we got him back on the road but otherwise, he was going to have to call for a ride. At the time we were 40 miles from home.

But how?
  • 06-20-2020
    cdhbrad
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    If you click on the bottom picture of just the hose you'll see what I mean:
    https://www.tweekscycles.com/us/lezy...mp-v2-2003647/

I've never had to use it but tried it just for kicks and it works and no harm in it being there so a pretty cool idea. I think they missed a good opportunity not sizing one of the slots to be a spoke wrench and kill two birds with one stone.

I bought one of those heads to retrofit my Lezyne floor pump.....the stem wrench is too shallow to tighten the removable stems on the Schwale tubes I am using now. Otherwise, works great.
  • 09-23-2020
    daniell
    I received my pack of 10 Continental tubes. I tightened the valve core and installed the tube. I pumped up the tire, and when I unscrewed the pump head, the valve core came off and remained in the pump head. I reinstalled the valve core with super glue on the threads. This time it seems to be staying on. I hope that continues to be the case. The tightening alone did not seem adequate.
  • 09-23-2020
    ToiletSiphon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by daniell View Post
    I received my pack of 10 Continental tubes. I tightened the valve core and installed the tube. I pumped up the tire, and when I unscrewed the pump head, the valve core came off and remained in the pump head. I reinstalled the valve core with super glue on the threads. This time it seems to be staying on. I hope that continues to be the case. The tightening alone did not seem adequate.

I had the same issue with Conti tubes and my Lezyne pump but somehow periodic re-tightening with long nosed pliers was (mostly) sufficient. Super glue should do the trick permanently, if it doesn't try epoxy.

Envoyé de mon SM-G973W en utilisant Tapatalk
  • 09-23-2020
    Coolhand
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ToiletSiphon View Post
    I had the same issue with Conti tubes and my Lezyne pump but somehow periodic re-tightening with long nosed pliers was (mostly) sufficient. Super glue should do the trick permanently, if it doesn't try epoxy.

Or invest in a tube of Locktight which is quite useful for certain bike fasteners.
  • 09-23-2020
    ROAD&DIRT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ToiletSiphon View Post

Why even buy tubes with removable cores if your going to just seal them with Super Glue or Epoxy.... just buy standard tubes, they are cheaper!
  • 09-25-2020
    daniell
    Why even buy tubes with removable cores if your going to just seal them with Super Glue or Epoxy.... just buy standard tubes, they are cheaper

It makes sense what you say but I was seduced by a cheap price.
  • 09-25-2020
    MDM
    There's no point to buying removable valve core tubes unless you want to put sealant in them. Also, pump heads that screw on suck too. Two wrongs don't make a right.