Two Cyclists Killed In Two Days In Oklahoma City
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010

Two Cyclists Killed In Two Days In Oklahoma City

http://www.koco.com/news/24300669/detail.html

Two cyclists were killed this weekend in Oklahoma City. The first one was a hit and run. Please keep these cyclists, their families and friends, and all cyclists everywhere in your thoughts. Be safe out there and please share the road.

banned
    May 2010
    That 3 feet law should be adopted in every state, on every road where motored vehicles are driven on.

When i'm riding in NYC, i sometimes get as little as 3 inches when a car is passing me in the lane. Getting tailgated and honked at aggressively is an everyday occurrence.

LCI #1853
    As noted, Oklahoma is one of the 14 states that has a 3-foot safe passing law... and has had it since 2007.

Doesn't do much good, though, when motorists ignore it and the cops don't, or are unable to enforce it.

Pusher of Pedals
    Try as I might, I can't help but be infuriated every time I hear of another cyclist getting killed by a friggin motorist. The fact that "law enforcement" couldn't seem to care less only adds fuel to the fire.
    "'Are people seriously this stupid?'

Yes, they are. If you assume that everyone is stupid, then you are never disappointed in them when they demonstrate their stupidity." - foggypeake

RoadBikeReview Member
    "One factor that we are looking at is the time of day that this occurred and the rise of the sun over the hill, to see if that played a factor," said Oklahoma City police Sgt. Dee Patty. "Still again, it's very early on in the investigation."

This is what really scares me; last year I almost hit a cyclist because I was totally blinded by the sun on a road coming to work. This road is not a bad road, but the next day the cyclist was on the adjacent trail.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of these tragidies.
    ----------------
    I am participating in the 2012 Tour de Cure to raise money to Help Stop Diabetes. Please Click Here to view my page or if you would like to make a donation.