Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and App questions
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and App questions

Hi,

I like the idea of the Live Tracking link.
    Is that pretty accurate? Delays etc. You arrive home and it show you are miles away?
    What data your family sees?
    If I leave without setting up a route and set one mid ride to go home would they see the route I would take to go home or that only work if you setup a round trip route before you leave?

Can you also have the ambient temperature on the main screen next to the cadence, average speed etc?

Would it be better to get the BLUE SC sensor or their separate ones?

Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
    Hi,

I like the idea of the Live Tracking link.
    Is that pretty accurate? Delays etc. You arrive home and it show you are miles away?
    What data your family sees?
    If I leave without setting up a route and set one mid ride to go home would they see the route I would take to go home or that only work if you setup a round trip route before you leave?

Can you also have the ambient temperature on the main screen next to the cadence, average speed etc?

Would it be better to get the BLUE SC sensor or their separate ones?

Thanks.
    I'll start by saying I'm relatively new to Wahoo and I also have the Elemnt Roam but I can answer a few of these questions as I think they're similar.
    The live track is neat.. coming from Garmin I can tell you it works 100% better (I eventually disabled Garmin's after literally spending years trying to get it to work reliably) and your contact can see so much more information. It seems to update about once a minute and will show a map with your position and bread crumb trail, average and max values of power, HR, cadence, speed, as well as unit battery life. I'm not sure about showing a route that was set up mid-ride as I haven't done that yet.

At least on the roam you can definitely set ambient temperature as a data field on any data screen you wish.

I run a stages power meter so I can't comment on a separate speed/cadence sensor. Hope this helps