Ways to make cycling more popular!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jan 2004

Ways to make cycling more popular!

I thought about that old post discussing how to make cycling more popular, and decided to try to make a difference.

A very popular answer was that it needed more television time. Many peole just don't get into cycling because they aren't exposed, or have the wrong assumptions about the sport. They always figure the stongest wins and its no different than running. They don't realize everything that is involved: team work, drafting, aerodynamics, the various strategies and on and on and on..... plus the fact it's darn fun. OLN does a great job, but unless your'e already into cycling you just don't go there to watch it. If ESPN was to carry a show or even mention it in the news more people would definetly take notice. The reason is, everybody who is half way intersted in sports watches this channel. Give me a break, billiards and bowling over cycling, not to mention the ocassional horse racing show. Don't even get me started with Fox and their commitment to covering the nail biting exitement that curling has to offer. But this is just more evidence why cycling shows can succeed. The biggest excuse for not carrying cycling is that it just doesn't make exciting tv, and golf does? The reason peole like golf or any sport is because they can associate with it. If exposed I believe people will catch the bug.

It seems odd that Lance can be voted top athlete of the year over and over, but there are hardly any shows about cycling. I don't believe any of those bowlers, pool players, jockeys/horses even came close to making the list.

If your're still not outraged I've got two words: Spelling Bee Enough Said

I just emailed ESPN, and plan to write the major networks as well. I encourage you to email them and request that they stop neglecting cycling. They'll probably just ignore my messages, but if everyone here on this forum wrote to them they might start to notice. I suggest starting with ESPN. If your'e thinking it won't make a difference, you may be right, but it only takes the same amount of time your willing to spend on this forum.

http://msn.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

Thanks John

Nov 2002

Really wanna make cycling more popular?

General cycling: make the minimum age for a driver's license 40.

Competitive cycling: make it a high school sport.

Jan 2004

Agree....but

Quote Originally Posted by torquecal
    General cycling: make the minimum age for a driver's license 40.

Competitive cycling: make it a high school sport.
    The latter one will work in the long run, but first the average lazy American needs to see cycling on tv. No better network to do it than ESPN. Not because they do such quality work, but because everybody goes to them for sports. I think it would be much easier to convince a network that there is a demand for cycling, than try to convert a high school at a time to have a cycling program. How are you going to convince all the schools to start a cycling program? If peolpe see it on tv they might actually pick up a bike, and realize it's sadly neglected. Only then will they try to fight for it in schools or whatever. Plus with all the junk on tv I personally wouldn't mind some more good cycling shows. The networks need to realize there is a demand for cycling and that it would just make good business sense in terms of advertising. OLN realizes it, why doesn't espn. You can't tell me fox or espn make more money carrying pool, bowling, poker, horse racing, the spelling bee, rugby, or curling than they could make covering cycling!!!! I think a good start would be for them to at least mention cycling in their news programs. Then they could cover a few races, and have a weekly show recapping major events from the week with a small segment describing an element about cycling. It could be about new product innovations, drafting techniques, team strategies, whatever. This would inform the average joe that there is more to the sport than just pedaling harder than the next guy. A lot of people think cycling is nothing more than just running on pedals.

Again writing them only takes a couple of minutes. To be honest I don't think they are that hard to convince. For God's sake they cover the freaking spelling bee over cycling!!!! the FREAKIN SPELLING BEE!!!! How many times do I have to bring this up!!!! Am I the only one who finds this a bit disturbing? I know I'm on a rant, but if aliens looked down at ESPN they would come to the conclusion that the spelling bee and poker are regarded as better sports in America than cycling!!!! If only 1000 people wrote them, that would be pretty darn impressive. They would have to figure that for every 1 person who wrote at least 1000 people would be willing to watch or hear more about cycling. If you wrote once just every month I beleive there would be no doubt they and every network would start talking about cycling more if not start some new shows. This wouldn't hurt making cycling more popular in the US. If you don't fully agree with me, please just save your energy, and instead write them.

Thanks John

classiquesklassieker

Hard to even start recreational cycling

The big advantage that countries like Spain, Italy, France, etc. over the US in
    terms of cycling is that in those places it's much easier, and also makes more
    sense, to start cycling recreationally or for commuting.

Try talking to a few of your non-cycling friends, and you'll find that some of them
    will say that they're interested in starting to bike for fun, but that "I just can't
    bring myself to bike around here." Or, "It's just too hard to bike to work. I have
    to cross so many difficult parts on the road."

So in my opinion cycling is the US has suffered a lot from the way that cities in
    the US are planned out. The highway/superblocks system basically discouraged
    people with sane minds to want to consider cycling as a lifestyle, or as part
    of their lifestyle. Just look at what's going on in the big cities in China; they're
    starting to follow the highway/superblocks way of designing their cities and now
    cycling is on the decline. Heck, in some parts of Shanghai it's outright banned!

I think it is important to support initiatives for bike paths in the US, even though
    in reality it will be overrun by runners and dog walkers. Heck, even that is better
    than sitting on the couch watching TV and driving everywhere instead of walking
    or cycling. At least people get used to moving around using their own power.
    If you've spent some time living in places like Western Europe, you'll
    see how different their idea of what cities are from the American idea.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment

$10.00 a gallon gasoline would make a big difference.

Actually there would have to be a really major change in the infrastructure of the US before lots of folks COULD begin to bicycle more.

In our experience suburbs are so bicycle unfriendly that we fear to ride there. For parents to allow their children to ride to school or sports or just over to their friends driving speeds and habits will have to change. Right now dirvers in the suburbs go way too fast and pay far too little attention to their driving that anyone on suburb roads that is not in a huge SUV is at risk.

If the habit of riding for transportation is not learned early in life it seems unlikely that ever be a mass change to cycling.

Jan 2004

Sorry, but I Strongly Disagree

The last two replies have mentioned that the reason cycling is not popular in America is because our infrastructure does not facilitate it. That may be true, but I believe the main reason nobody participates is because itís simply not introduced to people through the media. It has what I call a taboo factor. Itís not introduced so we look down on it the same way we look at curling or whatever. In the grand scope of things you are dealing with psychological factors involving acceptance/association and insecurities. That is why you hear of people getting spit at or run off the road. You never hear of people playing a game of basketball and getting black balled for doing it. Believe it or not, but the media is powerful. They cram the big three down our throats, and you know what, for the most part people take a real interest in them. Nobody thinks twice about these sports because the media has embraced them as "normal." If you look at other countries they emphasize other sports to their people and those sports are the popular ones. I keep hearing that people would bike, but the roads here are just too dangerous. They are no more dangerous in this country than in Europe. I've been to Europe, and I personally feel the drivers there are much crazier than here. They drive faster, change lanes more, ride inches from other cars and buildings, and mopeds veer in and out and traffic like swarming bees. It is total chaos, but the cyclist is respected. The only reason cyclists in America have problems with our drivers is because cycling is looked at as something grossly taboo. We simply get no respect. We are looked at as freaks in tight clothes who take up space on the road, and because people donít understand it or have the wrong assumptions they act out with a simple defense mechanism known as prejudice. In Europe people who bike are respected because itís just part of the norm. If gas was high priced this would definitely make cycling more popular. Wrong!!!! It might make the simple act of it more popular, but that is not what Iím shooting for. I feel it is highly enjoyable and people are sadly missing out. You can't make people truly like something if they are motivated by force, necessity, or greed. That would be like saying the way to make football more popular is to outlaw baseballs and basketballs. Down right Dumb! - Even if you were joking, which I believe you were. I see a lot of people who bike because they have no other means of transportation, and you know what, they don't look like they are enjoying themselves. Transportation by cycling just isn't practical. Carrying things is a burden, nobody wants to arrive all sweaty and tired, and it takes too long given the distance the average person has to travel. Cycling is enjoyed best when viewed as nothing more than a sport, game, or great way to exercise. I believe people love certain sports because they are introduced to what I call the pro factor. People love watching pros and emulating what they do. Pros make everything look exciting and give it a quality that you just can't understand watching amateurs. I'm sorry but watching some kid bike to school at 5mph or watching some guy bike to work doesn't excite me or anybody else. I just figured that they couldnít drive and that biking was just a step above walking. That is why I never became interested in cycling until my late teens. I became intrigued hearing about this American winning some bike race over in France so I decided to give it a try. I have been hooked ever since. I bet many will agree that after watching a pro tour you want to get on a bike and go harder, faster, and longer, because the pros take it to a level that you just couldnít understand unless youíre introduced. The fact is cycling is rarely mentioned in the media, so people can only make assumptions by what they see on the streets. Many times these assumptions are wrong, and I too was guilty of it.

Thanks John

Aug 2003

Lightbulb Why?

[QUOTE=... but that is not what Iím shooting for. I feel it is highly enjoyable and people are sadly missing out.[/QUOTE]

I just don't get this. Are you making it your mission to introduce the masses to the joys of cycling? Perhaps you might want to consider that virtually everyone has ridden a bike. They no longer ride because they DON'T WANT TO. Jeez, just leave 'em alone.
    "This porridge is too hot!" she exclaimed.

Oct 2002

Cool Johnny...my opinion

My opinion is that people will watch what they want on TV and you could air something on cycling every hour and if they are not originally interested in cycling they will flip the channel.
    Rarely have I ever heard of someone sitting on their couch and saying "Hey I watched the tour de france and now I am going to cycle" But there are thousands of people around the world that watch because they enjoy cycling. Let's face it watching someone pedal a bike for 2 hours is not really a thrill. At least if you are watching a rodeo or football game there is something happening.
    So what I am saying is each to their own. I enjoy cycling very much but my rodeo buddies think I am nuts. It is all a matter of choice.
    If you can't learn to do something well...Learn to enjoy doing it poorly

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    I think those sports like curling, poker, bowling, etc.. that ESPN is showing on TV actually do appeal more to fat out of shape Americans.

Seeing Lance or Jan fly up a mountain or go do a 30+ mph time trial will just make a lot of people think "Holy sh*t I could never do that." It's pretty intimidating.

I think a lot of out of shape people believe that active people are born with some advantage, etc.. they don't realize cycling is something almost anyone can do. I hear that a lot when I mention "You could do this blahblahblah cycling blah blah blah jogging." The response is, "Oh you're one of those active people, I can't do that."

I think you'd get more interest in cycling by having some show about regular people who were fat and out of shape and got into cycling and lost a ton of weight and/or improved their quality of life.

Ben

Jan 2004

Just thought I'd spark some debate. Take no offense.

I'm bored and am suffering from cabin fever as many of us are. I decided to pick a side, which I do happen to believe in, and hammer it without relent. I'm just telling you my personal experience in why I never considered the sport, and why I believe it gets no consideration or respect. The replies were coming in a little slow so I decided to spice it up.

One other thing. You say watching this sport done by the pros intimidates people, and they feel they could never emulate the pros. Personally I found the opposite to be true about this sport. It's the one sport I thought to myself, "I'm closer to achieving what the pros do than anything else I've ever tried." Maybe I'm just a typical fat America that can excel at anything, if a main requirement is that you get to sit on your ass the whole time. Haha Not meant to excite debate, just a setup for a lame joke.

Am I trying to convert the masses? Yes and No. I'm not trying to make cycling the next basketball, but I do believe it could be the next soccer per say.

Bottom line is, I want to watch some cycling shows. The tour of Qatar looks interesting. I might be a freak, but I love watching this sport. I just feel its darn better than a lot of stuff out there.

Thanks John

I've been noticing this is where people like to put down some inspiring quote to justify their beliefs. I'll give it a try. "I could be wrong, but I doubt it." - world renowned athlete, poet, and philosopher Charles Barkley

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gtscottie
    My opinion is that people will watch what they want on TV and you could air something on cycling every hour and if they are not originally interested in cycling they will flip the channel.
    Rarely have I ever heard of someone sitting on their couch and saying "Hey I watched the tour de france and now I am going to cycle" But there are thousands of people around the world that watch because they enjoy cycling. Let's face it watching someone pedal a bike for 2 hours is not really a thrill. At least if you are watching a rodeo or football game there is something happening.
    So what I am saying is each to their own. I enjoy cycling very much but my rodeo buddies think I am nuts. It is all a matter of choice.
    Well, I have mountain biked a fair amount for the last couple years, nothing real intense jsut something fun I did on the weekends. I spent 5 weeks in Spain this summer during the Tour de France. In America I had never really payed cycling any mind as it's really never discussed outside of Lance Armstrong. In Spain however, the TdF was on all day on major networks, I would come home from school and watch the Tour with my family. It was great, I couldn't get enough of it. Prior to seeing it in Spain I had never realized cycling was so complez and interesting.

The people in Spain love cycling I visited packed bars where I watched the Tour with Spaniards who knew all about all the riders and cheered for the Spanish riders like we Americans cheer for football and drink beer in sports bars here in the states. It's just looked at differently there, they respect the cyclists as great top-flight athletes while we kind of push cycling to the back of our minds in sports.

Here's my point: I watched the TdF while in Spain and saw the commercials idolizing local/national cyclists and really got excited for the sport of cycling. I came back to America and I biked on my MTB for a while and recently I picked up a road bike and have been cycling every chance I get. I plan on joining a club and training to race next season. I can not get enough of it and I really learned my love of the sport just through seeing it on TV as a highly respected sport. I think that if cycling were shown more, enough to maybe knock some poker (I love playing poker and it's kind of neat to watch, but it is not a sport) and bowling off of ESPN, that some young people like myself would see it and realize how much fun it is, and in the long run the USA would catch up with Europe and much of the rest of the world in cycling.

Just my two cents.

when is it obsession?

a few suggestions...

* everyone who takes up cycling gets a babe as hot as Leipheimer's (see other thread)

* Ride With Lance (or get your OWN hot rock star to bang)

* Vodka-filled water bottles at Charity Rides

* Get to spit at, yell profanities and otherwise threaten top cyclists while they ride up
    Alpe-d-Huez a-la Time Trial...oh wait, we evidently CAN already do that!

* Topless women's Tour

* Rasta-Rides

* Spandex Codpieces

* Financing for High-End Bikes so you can ride a bike you can't afford, just like you do with your car!!! (they actually do this a lot in Europe)
    "Oz was wrong: a heart should be judged by how much one loves...not by how much one is loved by others..."

Jun 2002

I think the popularity of cycling has come a long way in the past year

The whole Lance Armstrong craze has brought tons of popularity to the sport. On campus I can always spot people with the yellow bands. Granted alot of these people probably still have no clue about the complexities of cycling, but I would bet they are more open and accepting of the sport.

There is a difference between fans of the sport and participants, and participants who are both. Which are you looking for? How many middle-aged beer stomach dudes out there actually play football? The majority don't, so making cycling more popular in recreation probably won't help too much for the popularity on TV because the majority of sports fanatics are not willing to exercise. That group of peole is the largest target audience.

However, I think the amount of cycling fans has increased in the past year, as well as the amount of participation.

I looked at the Trek website today www.trekbikes.com and previewed the 05' bikes. I was amazed at the many different models they offer now, a huge step from the past year. They seem to have a type of bike for every type of person. That alone seems to show that the popularity of cycling is growing, or else there would not be a demand for all these types of bikes.

Bottom line, more TV coverage would be an awsome thing and if more and more people support the sport in both fan base and participation it might happen.

When Lance is gone it will be interesting to see what happens to the sport in America.

Jun 2004
    The cost of producing cycling for television would be far greater than bowling, poker, and billiards combined. With smaller sports like the ones I mentioned, you're working with three to four cameras and one production trailer. With cycling, you've got a serious commitment with time and money to produce a sport that will get a .5% rating. It's not worth it and it never will be.

Unrepentant Mountainbiker

The answer is simple in concept, difficult in execution

1. Get more american cyclists on top Euro teams

2. Get more top Euro's to come to US races

3. Get more US sponsors for cycling teams

4. Get UCI points bearing races in US

5. Get more coverage of cycling on US TV

6. Get more quality coverage of cycling on US TV

7. Get more quality coverage of US cycling on US TV

Seeing Eurosports coverage of the 1998 TDF is what actually got me into cycling. I was an out of shape American, and the coverage was great. It really made the race interesting to my uneducated eye. It didn't hurt that I was in Germany, and there was little else that interesting to me on TV. I got my 1st Mtn bike soon after getting back to the US, and have been riding ever since.

Right now, Cycling is seen as some weird Euro-sport like ......curling. The difference being that curling can be covered w/three cameras. Cycling requires at least three cameras on motorcycles, a helicopter, cameras at sprint points, and the start and finish line. It just costs lots of $$$ to cover.

Good idea bugging ESPN about it though. Maybe if enough of us do it, they will commit some resources to bad coverage of cycling. Then enough people have to actually watch the bad coverage to convince them that they should spend more $$$ and put on good coverage. That is why we need to have more top notch races in the US. Right now the US races are looked at like AA baseball. Sure they are "pros", but they aren't the Majors!
    It's no fun unless it hurts!

Overequipped, underlegged
    I disagree. In spain the drivers are as bad as those in the united states, and commuting by bike in madrid is not for the faint of heart. Its actually loco to commute in madrid or any of the other major cities. u run a lot of chances only by trying. And it isnt that popular here in spain. i guess more than the united states, but the only time when we get cycling on TV is live coverage of the vuelta and the Tour. Only some parts of the giro.
    Any day is a good day to take care of one of your vehicles!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004

Look to soccer

Maybe the example of soccer won't fill you with optimism, but I believe it's the most apt.

Soccer was a fringe sport until, during the late 70s and 80s, schools and municipal club sports programs realized that it was a cheap, relatively safe way for kids to run around. All you really need is a ball, and just about anyone can play and have fun. As kids who played grew up, they started to seek out ways to keep up their interest in the game, though not necessarily as participants. The professional game grew, though it lagged (still lags?) well behind popular participation.

The trouble with a kid-up model for cycling is that the sport is somewhat dangerous -- and will remain so until their is a major shift in perspective of drivers and traffic managers. Parents will be averse to placing their kids at the vanguard.

My suggestion would be to put cycling in with a mix of municipality-based "healthy lifestyle" programs. Get towns, neighborhoods or counties to designate cycling routes, encourage cycling to school and commuting, all as part of a larger program of changing sedentary behavior. While this might sound a bit farfetched, I'm optimistic that once the true toll of obesity and inactivity is weighed, and the notion of healthy communities gets reflected in real estate prices, then town managers and other stakeholders will perk up.

It's not a big jump from there to high school cycling teams, locally sponsored pro teams, and eventually a fully-fledged pro scene.

RoadBikeReview Member

Angry

You're too obsessed with the media...

ESPN and the other networks don't care what they show on their network. They are interested in only one thing, REVENUE!!! They want to provide shows which cost them the least and provide the biggest return in the form of advertising.

You want to know why ESPN covers these rediculous sports and spelling bees. They can send two guys with a camera and a van to the venue and do an entire show by themselves. Billards, Bowling, Poker, Spelling, Strong man, Sumo wrestling, etc. all have something in common. They are all done within a very small space and all the action is in a focused area. That means fewer employees and cameras are required to produce the show.

It's very similar with the "big three" just on a larger scale. The extra man hours and cameras are easily justified by the huge advertising revenue the shows generate. The games are in a limited space, follow predictable patterns, are time restricted (to some extent), etc. The production of these shows are easy.

Just begin to compare that to cycling and you easily see why it will never be mainstream here. OLN provided over 100 people on site at the TDF this year. Every day they moved all their crap and set up camp in a new, unfamiliar, location. The camera crews are in helicopters and on motorcycles. They are racing through the boonies, over mountain passes, in the cities. The backdrop is constantly changing. It's incredably expensive to get the production right and pull it off. Jeez, Hi-Def can show us a drop of sweat on a ball players face. In cycling, we are used to a sometimes interrupted picture if they encounter bad weather or remote areas.

OLN didn't show this years Vuelta because they could not afford to purchase the show from those in Europe who were producing the images. Simple as that.

If you want to improve cycling's status on TV, beg the cycling industry to spend more on commercial advertising on these networks. If they told ESPN they wanted to advertise on cycling related shows, then we might start seeing them. Otherwise, you might as well start reading the dictionary and brush up on your spelling so those kids don't embarrass you!

If you want to improve cycling in our culture, lobby the local politicians to require better/safer cycling infrastructure in their communities. MUTs that actually go somewhere would be a great start. I live in a new res. development that has MUTs. Unfortunately, they only take me to other areas of the development. In order for me to get to a store, restaurant, or park, I have to mix it up with cars on heavily traveled roads. While I'm willing to do that, I'm not able to take my family with me. Roads just aren't as safe as they used to be. The next generation isn't getting on their bikes like we did as children. Therefore cycling is doomed.

End Rant!
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!!!
    Work to Eat / Eat to Live / Live to Ride / Ride to Work

RoadBikeReview Member
    Not too many young people can do cycling, because of the costs associated with the sport... I couldn't pick up cycling in high school and college, because of lack of funds. Last year, I told my buddies how much my bike cost, and they thought I was insane to spend even over a grand for a bike. My one friend commented: if you're going to spend that much for a bike, there better be a motor on it.

RoadBikeReview Member

everybody can participate if....

everybody can participate if cycling was a gambling sport.
    Place a huge outdoor velodrome, smack dab in the middle of Vegas - where everybody can watch. Place your bets - just like in horse racing. And even the fat and out of shape can participate - they would know all the cyclist by name and stats. Pro cyclist in America would actually make money. Pretty soon it will be on TV, just like horse racing and poker.
    Going back to our American cycling roots.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think you're idea is headed in the right direction, IMO. I think it would be very difficult, but it just might work. Cycling is not a spectator sport at all, unless of course you're sitting at home with a beer watching it on TV. If you do go to a race to get the thrill of being there (just like football spectators go to get the thrill of "being there"), all you see is a few seconds of each of the riders that you want to watch. You see nothing else unless it's a crit or a track race. Track races put the spectator there in the action. They get to see every attack, and they get to feel it too. It would take a few really rich people to donate some money (at least here in the west) and get some tracks going. I'm not saying that this is the only way to get cycling big, it's just my $0.02

Arrogant roadie.....
    Spandex codpieces???

Prithee, thou fair knave, wherefore wilst thou wear such said garment lest thou attract thine wrath of the sherrif?
    We are the 801
    We are the central shaft

Aug 2004

Ah, finally!!

Quote Originally Posted by biknben
    If you want to improve cycling's status on TV, beg the cycling industry to spend more on commercial advertising on these networks.
    After all has been said on this post, somebody said something that makes sense. When was the last time you saw a commercial for a bicycle or any kind of cycling product? I, for one, have not seen any. Commercials are designed to generate an interest in a product or service. This would definitely be a great way to increase the popularity of the SPORT if bicycle manufacturers would spend the money on television advertisement. Why don't we start with LA advertising Trek bicycles.

Regarding cycling as a recreational sport, there has been allot of work done by various groups across the country pushing for bicycle lanes and paths over the years. I just received a map produced by Maricopa County in Phoenix AZ, showing all the bike lanes, paths and multi use paths in the greater Phoenix area. I was amazed by what I saw. Literally hundreds of miles of paved lanes and paths have been accomplished. Not too long ago there were NONE. Is there an interest in cycling in this country? You bet there is. If there wasn't, do you think municipalities would be willing to spend millions on these paths.

I think that in time, cycling (as a sport) will soon hit the air ways. Cycling.tv will soon be available on your boob tube. Contact them, they will tell you all the ins and outs of what they are up to. I'm sure that other sport channels will follow suite. Just let it evolve. Be patient grasshopper!

Windrider (Stubborn)

And another thing..........

This whole thread makes me laugh.......what a joke.

The quantity of cycling on TV is about one thing and one thing only, supply and demand. If there are enough people watching anything the cost to advertise to that audience goes up (because you are reaching more people). Higher add rates, more revenue for the network that broadcasts it, more revenue, more interest in the networks in broadcasting cycling. It's as simple as that. The reason OLN didn't broadcast the Vuelta was because when they looked at last years viewership, and saw what that viewership would translate into in terms of Add revenue, compared that to the cost of acquiring the feed and then compared the net revenue they would make on it compared to their normal lineup, it was a no brainer decision for them not to broadcast it. Simple economics...........No one but a very small subsection of the population watches anything other than the tour. If Lance wasn't racing in the tour, it probably wouldn't be broadcast in the US (or certainly not as many hours of coverage.

The media (as you put it) is in it for the bucks, not some arbitrary dislike of cycling.

I agree with MB1, until there is a fundamental shift in the economics of riding a car, cycling will not increase in popularity.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    ESPN does not cover rugby, nor soccer (of any quality). I had to get sentana sports for like 12 bucks extra a month on sattelite to catch the good european sports. No cycling on there though unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast