What a difference 3/4 of an inch makes!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39
  1. #26
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: rudge66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    You might be surprised when I pass you up that 15% grade.
    It could happen. Though not entirely surprised. The feeling would be more informative, a subtle hint of marvelous may apply ,as well.
    Are you a Climber?
    Last edited by rudge66; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:48 PM.

  2. #27
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: ogre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    You should find another forum to troll, really. Your crap is not even fun, it's just tiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    The Prairie Dog Method:

    Sorry, but he (Lombard) is not properly fit to a road bike and unable to evaluate its potential. This would be immediately apparent on a group ride... before we even leave the parking lot.
    Here's another vote for you to just drop it.

  3. #28
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: rudge66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Here's another vote for you to just drop it.
    Shall we tally our votes?
    Seat Post Height:
    Even With Bar : 2
    Score Seat Post With Knife : 2

  4. #29
    Huge in Japan
    Reputation: craiger_ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    428
    One can scribe a line in the finish of a seat post without creating a catastrophic stress riser.
    Interwebs bumpersticker goes here

  5. #30
    Banned Sock Puppet
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,404
    Quote Originally Posted by craiger_ny View Post
    One can scribe a line in the finish of a seat post without creating a catastrophic stress riser.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to craiger_ny again.


    "COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL - VOTE in November." - System Shock.

    "With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.





  6. #31
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: rudge66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by craiger_ny View Post
    One can scribe a line in the finish of a seat post without creating a catastrophic stress riser.
    Yes.. I'm listening...

    So now it's 3 for the Seat Post Score Method?

  7. #32
    'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    15,147
    Quote Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    The Prairie Dog Method:

    Sorry, but he (Lombard) is not properly fit to a road bike and unable to evaluate its potential. This would be immediately apparent on a group ride... before we even leave the parking lot.
    You're rambling at this point. You have no idea at all how his fit looks, you're just throwing **** out there because you have nothing to post that matters. None. You're probably a retread of some annoying member from the recent past, you do seem familiar.
    #promechaniclife

  8. #33
    Banned Sock Puppet
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,404
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    You're rambling at this point. You have no idea at all how his fit looks, you're just throwing **** out there because you have nothing to post that matters. None. You're probably a retread of some annoying member from the recent past, you do seem familiar.
    Factory Feel?
    "COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL - VOTE in November." - System Shock.

    "With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.





  9. #34
    'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    15,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Factory Feel?
    Something like that, yes.
    #promechaniclife

  10. #35
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: rudge66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by craiger_ny View Post
    One can scribe a line in the finish of a seat post without creating a catastrophic stress riser.
    Certainly... However,
    I tweek my height when I feel it necessary, depending on my fitness and topography.
    I may adjust 4-5 times a year as neede , with in a range of aprox. 12mm.

    So... if I was scoring my post each and every time... eventually those marks would tell me very little.

    Yes I t00 ...have mindless scored an alum seat post ...But in the end such scoring with a knife should be avoided.
    It's obtrusive, and down right invasive. And only tells you where your mark is not your correct ride height.

    It's just plain d as in dumb.... And can actually prohibit ones correct fit.
    Last edited by rudge66; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:06 PM.

  11. #36
    Banned Sock Puppet
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,404
    Quote Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    Certainly... However,
    I tweek my height when I feel it necessary, depending on my fitness and topography.
    I may adjust 4-5 times a year as neede , with in a range of aprox. 12mm.

    So... if I was scoring my post each and every time... eventually those marks would tell me very little.

    Yes I t00 ...have mindless scored an alum seat post ...But in the end such scoring with a knife should be avoided.
    It's obtrusive, and down right invasive. And only tells you where your mark is not your correct ride height.

    It's just plain d as in dumb.... And can actually prohibit ones correct fit.
    Where the fark did you come up with this word salad?
    "COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL - VOTE in November." - System Shock.

    "With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.





  12. #37
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: rudge66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Where the fark did you come up with this word salad?
    Huh? Are you voting for yourself?
    Ok....
    Knife PostHeight : 4

    I guess you win.
    Scratch Away Everybody. Scratch Away...
    Scratch Away... ......

    Last edited by rudge66; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:36 PM.

  13. #38
    pmf
    pmf is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Yep.

    Meaning, put heel on the pedal straight legged, then notice when pedaling on the balls of the feet, a slight bend in the leg at the bottom of the stroke? The fit kit prescribed 75 degrees.

    Congratulations, Waspinator. Very possible your seat was 3/4" too low. Seat posts frequently slip down in the seat tube over a season or two, so slowly, rider doesn't even notice. Racers check them all the time.

    Just be nice to the knees working in their glorious freedom!
    Seat posts do slip sometimes. Get some electrical tape and cut a small triangle and stick it on your post with one of the corners touching exactly where the post meets the seat tube. That way if it ever slips, you'll know it.

  14. #39
    Banned Sock Puppet
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,404
    Quote Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    Shall we tally our votes?

    Seat Post Height: Even With Bar : 2
    Knife Post Height : 4

    I guess you win.
    Rudge66 tiny undersized frame, arse in the air, head down to the ground fit method: 0
    Rudge66 RBR troll posts: 0

    I don't know about winners, but I think we have a loser.
    "COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL - VOTE in November." - System Shock.

    "With
    bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."
    -- DCGriz, RBR.





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 20 inch (451) v. 20 inch (406)
    By fredstaple in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 05:00 PM
  2. Is a half inch going to make a difference
    By Banky in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 08:41 AM
  3. Rollers 3 inch vs. 4.5 inch drums
    By cdadaa in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 06:20 PM
  4. Gear inch = gear inch
    By iks in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 11:51 AM
  5. 1 inch vs. 1 1/8 inch
    By MrShadowWalker in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 07:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.