What have I got?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2001

What have I got?

Picked up a used 2000 Specialized Allez Sport. This will be my backup bike but I want to make it as nice as possible. Main ride is Litespeed classic ultegra 1999 double.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll...tem=3678873333

Looks like it has an aluminum fork. I would like to get a carbon fork and seatpost. There are a lot of carbon forks on ebay and elsewhere. Is this a 1" threadless that I need?

Can anyone suggest a carbon fork/ seatpost to upgrade to? Any other obvious upgrades?

Bike reportedly has 1500 miles. Good deal?

TIA,
    kayak42

May 2004
    I just bought a 2004 Allez Sport, and it came with a carbon fork and seatpost. (The 2004 Allez did not have these features.) I'm new to road biking, but I've been pleased with it so far. However, I doubt it can compare with your Litespeed.

Fez

Jul 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak42
    Picked up a used 2000 Specialized Allez Sport. This will be my backup bike but I want to make it as nice as possible. Main ride is Litespeed classic ultegra 1999 double.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll...tem=3678873333

Looks like it has an aluminum fork. I would like to get a carbon fork and seatpost. There are a lot of carbon forks on ebay and elsewhere. Is this a 1" threadless that I need?

Can anyone suggest a carbon fork/ seatpost to upgrade to? Any other obvious upgrades?

Bike reportedly has 1500 miles. Good deal?

TIA,
    kayak42
    Nice bike. Performance and Nashbar routinely have cheap Easton, Profile or Kestrel 1" carbon forks. They aren't all that light, but should be lighter and ride better than an aluminum fork.

Can you post pics of your main ride - the 99 LS?