Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I'll go home quick if those things light up at night or start moving.

The Slow One.
    Well, I can't. My security clearance depends on it, my job depends on my security clearance, and my ability to buy bikes and occasionally feed my family depends on my job.

Most of the cyclists I know just don't do it openly, even if it's "legal" in the state. A lot of them don't for career reasons (like me) or because smoking just doen't do it for them. CBD, edibles, and non-smoking forms of intake? I have no idea. It's really none of my business as long as it doesn't impact my ability to buy bike parts.

Beer and cycling are more of the culture up here.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by factory feel View Post
    The disc debate thread got me to thinking, most all mtbrís stop and burn zeppelins every chance they get but us higher educated, culturally refined roadies seem to forgo the devils lettuce.
    I think it's because more road bikers are over 13 years old. Adult mountain bikers rarely have the need to be stupid.

RoadBikeReview Member
    surprisingly I pretty much never smell or see MTBer toking up on/near the MTB trails around here. And I live in marijauna mecca, the whole city smells of weed when the wind blows here. The hikers do smoke a lot of weed on the trail, however. The MTB trails are pretty intense here though, skills-intensive technical trails requiring razor sharp mental focus. Not that I know how the weed would affect me on the trail as I choose not to smoke it (and don't mind that others do)
    Faith is pretending to know things you don't know

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    I'll go home quick if those things light up at night or start moving.
    Well, couple more hits of the weed, they may light up and move.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I rode MTBs for years. Then started road riding to keep fitness over the winter. I didn't meet a cyclist that (openly) smoked weed until after I started road riding.

a real member's member
    about the thread title ... who says, "burn weed"? sounds like burning books. change it.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    about the thread title ... who says, "burn weed"? sounds like burning books. change it.
    They used to say "burn" regularly as recently as the '00s. "Burned" my first joint in '63, with Pierre, a college friend living in a flat on Mott St., Little Italy, and went to a club that featured Middle Eastern music. We couldn't afford the jazz clubs in the Village. The joint was average stuff. I was looking for something like what I later found taking acid while serving the country in Germany. After getting a little buzz, I remember thinking, "Gee, what's the big deal with this stuff? I get more kick out of a cigarette! "

The weed flown in from the jungles of Laos by the Vietnamese pilots to Nha Trang and Cam Ranh Bay was the real stuff. It was as easy to get as beer and pack of cigarettes. The brass didn't see much of a problem with it, initially. That probably changed later when thousands came home hooked on heroin. I never saw any evidence of heroin use in '68.

As a commentary on conquering opioid addictions: the overwhelming majority of returning addicts didn't suffer terrible psychological withdrawal symptoms when they got back home with families that took care of them. Then again, none of them had more than a year's tour to become addicted, so their physiologies weren't as severely adapted to the drug.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Iíve said ďletís go burn oneĒ forever !

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    I'm 45 and burn once in a while,but honestly I can't tolerate THC anymore. I've been vaping CBD pot lately but got lazy about it so I've moved to CBD oil. Some stuff that is....sleep like a baby and no more muscular aches after a hard ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12