would i look like a poser/@ss/newbie....
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002

would i look like a poser/@ss/newbie....

If i bought the giordana pinarello jersey and bib shorts, while riding a trek? I know it sounds really weird, but the pinarello outfit is just too nice, and buying a pinarello is just too expensive. haha The pictures are too big, but here are the links: http://www.coloradocyclist.com/commo...%20Bib%2DShort

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/commo...rello%20Jersey

Gruntled

Nah... wear and ride whatever you want

If you like your bike, and you like those clothes, go right ahead. I actually think it's more poser-ish to have shorts and jerseys with the brand of your bike plastered all over them - makes you look sponsored when you're not.

banned
    It looks fine to me.

I honestly think you should get what you want/like and forget what anybody else thinks. They say when you are young you worry about what others think about you, when you become an adult you don't care what others think about you, and when you hit middle age you realize nobody thought about you at all anyway. Something like that.

Life is too short to give half a diseased rat's behind what others are thinking because they are clowns anyway if they are thinking about you... Shoot, I have a $5000 Serotta road bike, and I throw my mountain bike pedals/shoes on with baggy shorts, camelback, flannel long sleeve shirt. I don't care what people think about how I look because it is how you perform. Sure I got my X2s with the Sidi Genius 4s on the bike now, but the frogs go back on in the spring.

My point of view has probably been tainted due to my poor upbringing. I never did have the best bike, but I took what I had, got sponsored, won trophies, signed autographs, got in magazines etc...

Peace

P.S. Where is lazywriter? I miss the dog photos.

aka Zonic Man
    Yes, that's just wrong.

Velo-gay.

Banned forever.....or not
    Only if you wear the jersey under the bib straps.
    Very very bad.
    Better than riding in Pinarello clothes while riding a Huffy.
    Just tell people that your "good" bike is a Pinarello.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

BS the DC
    The jersey is cool, but the matching shorts is what gives it the Fred-Factor. Go with basic black shorts and throw on whatever jersey you like. I don't think people will give it much thought unless you go with the team look.

Crack! Bang! Kapow!
    Ooh ooh better yet, ride without a jersey and with Pinarello decals on your chest!!
    "I don't know, trying is the first step towards failure." -Homer

RoadBikeReview Member
    who cares what you look like.

check out sierratradingpost.com for some good deals on clothing...

Are these what you are looking for?
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/base_no.65070/dept_id.L2~181/qx/product.htm[/URL]

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/...qx/product.htm

Unrepentant Mountainbiker

If you have to ask....

You must think that it would look 'Fredlike'. If you like the way the stuff looks, get it. But more importantly, you should like the way that it feels. Particularly the shorts. Not a bib man myself, but what do I know, I have been known to wear MTNBike shoes and jerseys on large group road rides!
    It's no fun unless it hurts!

hi, I'm Larry

Talking It's against Trek's rules

Trek only allows you to wear a complete Postie outfit on a Trek. Not only that, they only allow you to hang Bontrager wheels on the frame and Bontrager tires on the wheels, even though they are overpriced inferior pieces of Cr@p.

Trek has hire roaming gangs of cycling Gorellas to chase down and then taunt any cyclist not wearing the proper gear while riding their bikes. If that does not work, the thugs will force you off the bike and take it away from you. Heaven forbid riding a Trek without the proper uniform.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2001

Absolutely!

Of course, the people who are going to criticize you will just keep raising the bar until they find something else something to carp about anyway, so you might as well do what you want.

Diesel Engine

Who Cares?

Just ride bro....

scruffy nerf herder

Ahhh, the team kit fred debate.... now that is a new one

You know what, I have a sneaking suspicision that no one is going to mistake you for a member of the pro peleton, just like we dont really believe that Jeff Gordoo, or Mikey Jordon, or Mario Lemiux is really strolling down the aisle of anytown, USA or anytown, anywhere for that matter. If you like the clothing, if you like the team, if you like the player/rider... then by all means wear the clothing. It is how the teams make money, it is why the sponsors sponsor the sport, it is why sports marketing works.

Those that cry "Fred" have their own issues. As I stated in a post the other day. Any cyclist worth his beans has experienced on at least one occasion... a textbook "Fred" showing up at a ride, race, or meeting on a road and absolutely cleaning the "non-Freds" proverbial clock. If they don't admit it, they are lying or have selective memories.

If you are worried about it, then don't get it. Otherwise you are going to either never wear it, or be weirded out when you actually do wear it.
    so sayeth the funk....

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The RBR Lounge. You won't ever find a more wretched hive of scum and villany. We must be cautious."

I think you'll achieve a similar effect to the guy below:

RoadBikeReview Member

why??

Quote Originally Posted by divve
    I think you'll achieve a similar effect to the guy below:
    why would one do that? I'm not one to sit for portraits myself if I can help it, but if I were, I wouldn't drag my bike in with me...the end result is never ever good. ever. seriously. why?

flinty-eyed moderator

Thumbs up

Go for it. I have a Pinerello Jersey myself (long story) even though I don't have one, or find them all that nice.

To me, the guy with the team replica bike and matching kit seems a little silly- but I woundn't hold it against him (much).

banned
    Aug 2003

Angry The matching shorts have gotta go.

We as a society must have standards. The color-matched shorts cross the line. VELO-GAY.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RemingtonShowdown
    Ooh ooh better yet, ride without a jersey and with Pinarello decals on your chest!!

Better than that... Shave the Pinarello logo in your chest and back.

Who's your daddy?
    I've ridden with fast and slow guys wearing team kits and I've never given it a second thought and I've never heard others give them a hard time. Now, a buddy may give you some good natured crap but a few turns of his brake adjustment should be payback enough.

george
    Central Valley California
    www.trogspace.com