Zwift - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zwift

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by colnagoG60 View Post
    Watch GPLama videos on YouTube for Zwift related info/updates.
    I have watched his videos. Thanks...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    TVs are so cheap now - that's the route I'd go. Not the iPhone to tablet or laptop. I just bought a TCL 40" 1k Smart TV for $180. I have it on a $20 wall mount - swivels, tilts, extends (TVs are also a lot lighter now - mounts are cheap too).

My bike sits 18" from a 40" TV at handlebar height, tilted up slightly. Any closer, and I'd sweat on it... seriously, I had to move the bike/Kickr back a bit.
    That's my plan. I have a 65" and waiting for the cables to arrive today. I will have it going through my home theater system, so I get surround sound from the birds, haha! (thought I heard birds when I was riding). I just used the iPhone to get a quick taste of Zwift because I am impatient.

Speaking of sound, is there any sounds while Zwifting?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    That's my plan. I have a 65" and waiting for the cables to arrive today. I will have it going through my home theater system, so I get surround sound from the birds, haha! (thought I heard birds when I was riding). I just used the iPhone to get a quick taste of Zwift because I am impatient.

I think there are sounds but I've always had it turned off as I prefer to listen to music so I turn that off

NSFW
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post

There are sounds, different sounds depending on where you are in Zwift. Cobblestones and gravel have their own sounds. There are also simulated spectators giving cheers. I just turn the sound down and play music.

One more thing that I do though, you can use discord with other people when riding in groups, the TGIF ride for example. You need a mic for that, and the talk is usually interesting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks. Talking in the group sounds interesting. I see I have a lot to learn about Zwift.

I ran into some issues connecting to the TV. Since I don't have an iPhone, I tried to use my work iPhone, but I found out that they don't allow us to "trust" anything, so I could not use it to connect to the TV. So, I had to get the Apple 4k TV to connect to the TV. As a matter of fact, I don't even need to use the iPhone or Wahoo companion app at all and was able to connect all my sensors via the Zwift App.; the Stages PM, HR and Snap. So, I am now connected.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Just recently started using the Apple TV 4k. Found it to work very easy. Picture is better than when I used my iPad with airplay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12