RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    For someone who so dearly loves his Domane SL, you have posted articles about every gravel bike release except the Checkpoint. Why is that?
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    For someone who so dearly loves his Domane SL, you have posted articles about every gravel bike release except the Checkpoint. Why is that?
    Simply stated, the Domane and the Checkpoint are not the same thing. I like the Checkpoint and have checked it out in person. Itís been out for a little bit now and I am really just posting about whatís new and/or what personally interests me at the moment. Others (including you) are free to start a Checkpoint thread should you choose. That being said, I think Trek made two mistakes with the Checkpoint: 1) foregoing 650b compatibility and 2) not including the front Isospeed. Itís on my list of gravel bikes I like, but they left the door open for me to explore other options with those two omissions.
    Last edited by Rashadabd; 08-24-2018 at 03:30 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Link doesn't work.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

ďStatistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.Ē -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

RoadBikeReview Member
    Not bad. Geometry is a little more aggressive than I like. Threaded BB, and 30/46 cranket yeah! They did sub FSA crankset and BB, but at that price point, you can't complain. I would have prefered they did 32 spokes on a disc wheelset.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

ďStatistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.Ē -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Not bad. Geometry is a little more aggressive than I like. Threaded BB, and 30/46 cranket yeah! They did sub FSA crankset and BB, but at that price point, you can't complain. I would have prefered they did 32 spokes on a disc wheelset.
    I agree. Itís a solid option, especially if you are just getting into gravel riding or want something worthy of upgrading over time. Itís similar to the Mason Bokeh in my opinion, both are really nice designs if you donít mind aluminum frames.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    I agree. Itís a solid option, especially if you are just getting into gravel riding or want something worthy of upgrading over time. Itís similar to the Mason Bokeh in my opinion, both are really nice designs if you donít mind aluminum frames.
    It's too bad Cannondale never got into Reynolds CroMo frames. I'm still glad I went with the Jamis Renegade Exploit 631 Reynolds.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    It's too bad Cannondale never got into Reynolds CroMo frames. I'm still glad I went with the Jamis Renegade Exploit 631 Reynolds.
    Yeah, I usually like steel more than aluminum and titanium more than steel. I prefer carbon for race and climbing bikes. The new Litespeed Ultimate Gravel bike is a nice Ti option.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    New Cannondale Gravel Bike-20180916_152416.jpg

My Topstone with a few mods....