New Cannondale Topstone Carbon
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

New Cannondale Topstone Carbon

Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    More:

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/06/cann...specs-details/

Quite a few proprietary bits. Not a big fan of that part.
    Last edited by Rashadabd; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:19 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    Nice looking bike (although the paint scheme makes it look like a 3T Exploro copy). I like the fact that designers aren't limited by the UCI when innovating gravel bikes.

I can live with the odd stem and bar. At least the steerer is standard 1 1/8" (thus I can use any standard stem and bar).

However, I think Cannondale is committing a serious sin by requiring a custom wheel dish on the rear end. This is automatically a deal breaker for me, as I have several 12mmx100/142 wheel sets that I swap between bikes. The bottom bracket situation isn't ideal either, although being a taller rider, the wider Q-Factor works for me, however, the limitation on cranksets is defnitely a problem.

The final straw for me is not having a Frameset Only option.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclingTips.com
    And while the rear end uses standard 142mm-wide hubs, the rim has to be dished over to the non-driveside to keep it centered in the frame. This actually improves wheel strength by evening out the spoke bracing angles, but it also means that off-the-shelf wheels won’t work without modification (which won’t always be possible). And then there are all the proprietary parts required, such as the custom bottom bracket spindle and custom chainring spider.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Finx View Post
    Nice looking bike (although the paint scheme makes it look like a 3T Exploro copy). I like the fact that designers aren't limited by the UCI when innovating gravel bikes.

I can live with the odd stem and bar. At least the steerer is standard 1 1/8" (thus I can use any standard stem and bar).

However, I think Cannondale is committing a serious sin by requiring a custom wheel dish on the rear end. This is automatically a deal breaker for me, as I have several 12mmx100/142 wheel sets that I swap between bikes. The bottom bracket situation isn't ideal either, although being a taller rider, the wider Q-Factor works for me, however, the limitation on cranksets is defnitely a problem.

The final straw for me is not having a Frameset Only option.
    Yep, those are the issues I was alluding to above.

[REDACTED]
    Too many proprietary parts. I also have to wonder about that rear triangle with only one pivot at the seat stay-seat tube junction, but nowhere else. How can that pivot without creating large stresses on the solid carbon elsewhere?
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein