Warbird Build

Thread: Warbird Build

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Warbird Build

So, I've had several gravel bikes this year starting with a Diverge that was a little to small for me on to a Revolt that I really liked, just like the Diverge though was a little to small (I bought both used, so didn't get hit with full retail) and FINALLY found a bike that seemed to fit the bill. I wanted to run bigger tires, so that's why I didn't get a larger Diverge and wanted a taller and am a more traditionalist, so that's why I didn't get a larger Diverge. I went with a Warbird. I bought the Tiagra model well simply because they are out of everything else including the frameset! So, I ordered a Shimano GRX 2x11 group, had some killer wheels and carbon bars and made the transformation. I took 3 lbs. off the weight of the bike with my transformation and seem to really like it. The wheelset is Specialized CLX32 and I'm running Specialized Renegade 1.8 tires. I have an Easton carbon bar with I think it's 12 degree flare and a Ergon saddle. I want to upgrade the seatpost and I'll be all done. I think it turned out great and I got what I wanted..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Get this thing off my head!!!!!
    www.augustacrosscoalition.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sweet build, I like the all black. Where did you score the 1.8 renegades? I have them on my Fargo but they are worn out and I can't find them anywhere.
    "I'm Concerned If We Don't Impeach This President, He Will Get Re-Elected" - Rep Al Green (D)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I had them left over from a few years ago. Yeah, you can't get them anymore. These are REALLY worn, but hold air and sealed up.. I'm thinking though I'm to go with the stock tires in a 700x45.. Did a 100K gravel race today and bike performed flawlessly..
    Get this thing off my head!!!!!
    www.augustacrosscoalition.blogspot.com