Great deal on Groupsets with wheels @ Texas Cyclesport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

Great deal on Groupsets with wheels @ Texas Cyclesport

Use code BWB to get 11% off total online order.

Just piced up a 2010 Sram Force Group w/Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL shipped for 1500.00

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    did you order yet? just curious if anyone has experience with Texas Cyclesport. Their prices are so low as to be suspicious.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Anyone? I would love to know also.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    They are reliable. Back on 12/3, someone posted an 11% off code. I ordered Sram Red with Ksyrium SL wheels for about 2k.

I ordered it at 8:55am eastern time and had an email with a tracking number by 1:17pm. UPS delivered it on 12/8.

In the tracking email, they indicated that the crank and cassette were not in stock, but that it would be drop shipped from their distributor; Security Bike. Those 2 items came a few days later.

A few days after I received the boxes, they took off the promo code. I thought it was a mistake on their part and that they were honoring the promo code that I used. I guess they just changed the code.

If your not comfortable ordering, contact Jenson, www.jensonusa.com. See if they will price match it. They just price matched an FSA k-Force compact handlebar from Chain Reaction for $188.
    Last edited by Bluffplace; 01-12-2010 at 05:11 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I got my order a while ago. Everything went very smooth. I highly recommend them.

banned
    Nov 2001
    theyve been around for years and are very reliable. I used to order from them all the time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    I got a sram ?500? compact crank from them for mad cheap. I guess they don't need compacts in texas

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rydog9991
    I got my order a while ago. Everything went very smooth. I highly recommend them.
    Thanks never heard of them and wanted to make sure they legit before I place a order

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    Bluffplace (or anyone with an answer)

Did you purchase Mavic's MP3 with your wheelset you got from them? I ordered Sram Force with Carbone SL and didn't see an option to add MP3 protection. I emailed yesterday before purchase and they said it was just a phone call to do it but just wondering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I did not see the mp3 option. The wheels are still in the box. My LBS just informed me that my Tarmac SL-3 frame was shipped. I'll stop by Saturday and ask them if they'll sell me a protection plan. Its probably easier this way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009

Mp3

Been talking with them by email. They r workin it all out for me. Seems to be great, quick customer service.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Let me know what price you were quoted. I compare it to what my lbs gives me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I worked out a kit with Red and a set of wheels. Did not seem to be a particularly good deal. Maybe I missed something.
    Well trained....well rested......pick one!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gearguywb
    I worked out a kit with Red and a set of wheels. Did not seem to be a particularly good deal. Maybe I missed something.

2k for Red with ksyrium SL wheels is actually a decent price. You can probably get a Red group for about $1100 from ebay. Then there the shipping charges and they do not let you customize the crankset and/or cassette. GVHbikes has the group for about $1250 but you need to add shipping, so your up to about $1300.

They are selling ksyrium SL on ebay for $700 + shipping. But are they going to offer you the Mavic protection plan like these guys are willing to do. Personally, that says a lot about the quality of a bike shop.

If you go the ebay route, you will probably save about $100, maybe less.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    I am happy with how quick they have been on answering emails.

I am out 1616.99. That includes the Force groupset (with a rival cassette) and a set of Mavic Carbone SL with MP3. MP3 cost me $96 or it was 1520.99.

I was quoted 1550ish by LBS for groupset installed and out the door. I was told $150 for install if I bought parts outside and had them do the work.

So the way I figure it, 1766.99 for installed Force with Cosmic Carbone SL and MP3 vs 1550 is for installed Force alone.

Just wish I would have found this deal 2 weeks ago. Just got a set of Easton EA90 Areo wheels. I cant really justify keeping them both but I dont know if I will be able to let go of all that new purdy carbon when i get them........May ebay Carbone's to recoup some of the money. Just dont know yet

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just built a group with Force and a Carbone SL set and it was 2500. What am I missing?
    Well trained....well rested......pick one!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    not sure.... go to components, select groupsets with wheelsets, select sram force, and build away.

or put this in search block: SRM-FC-9-KSY

also use DTD code at check out for another 10% off. and there is free shipping on orders over $400 (fine print says free shipping can stop at any time but gave it to me yesterday.)

I have never ordered from them before and seems way to good to be true. But they have answered all my emails quickly, done the leg work for the MP3 and seem to have awesome service. As long as my crankset isnt made out of bamboo when i get it, I am thrilled.

I had emailed questions to them because I was a little worried but they said it is new in box 2010 Force (except chain and cassette) and 2010 wheelset. Will have to see.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    They are great - but LickBike will beat their prices on groups and wheelsets!
    Fighting C ystic F ibrosis with C arbon F iber
    Learn More about CF here: www.cff.org

banned
    Dec 2009
    nvm, nvm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    hummin....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Got an email from Texascyclesport. Code Jan17. Good until the 17th

Tried the code on an 11 speed campy super record ergo groupo; item #CA-CEN-8; The price went from $2750 down to $2100

Short legs spinnin' fast
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluffplace
    Got an email from Texascyclesport. Code Jan17. Good until the 17th

Tried the code on an 11 speed campy super record ergo groupo; item #CA-CEN-8; The price went from $2750 down to $2100
    Could you tell us the code? Please!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jlgoodin78
    Could you tell us the code? Please!
    Email excerpt...
    *****Read all the instructions carefully before using this Promotion Code Special*****

When you submit your Order Online, enter the Code: JAN17 in the Promotion Code Box. (The Promotion Code Box will be located in the Recalculation Area after adding to the Cart).

Promotion Codes must be used at the time of purchase and are for Online Orders Only. Prices will Automatically be Adjusted to reflect the Promotion Code after Clicking the Apply Button.

Promotion Codes have no after sale price adjustments and cannot be combined with any other promotional or special offer. Quantities maybe Limited. The price will not be adjusted and honored if an Item(s) is no longer available at the Promotion price. Item(s) that are added to Free Shipping purchases that are not listed as Free Shipping will be charged the normal shipping rate. Codes and orders are valid only for the dates, products, colors, sizes and quantities listed below.

4 Days Only: Use Code: JAN17

This Sale Ends January 17, 2010 Sunday Morning at 9:00 AM CST

Rider
    Looks like the code is done early or it's just not applicable to the groupsets w/ wheels. I tried it on Force with SL's and no go.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Just got this email, haven't tried it but it looks like a pretty sweet code.

Texas Cyclesport would like to Introduce our latest addition to our cycling product line: The Lapierre's™ Bicycle and Framesets designed by the professional rider Francaise des Jeux, Lapierre™ road bikes offer the latest technologies as well as the best weight / performance / price ratio.

We wanted our most loyal customers to take advantage of Lapierre's™ exceptional introductory price. Now and between January 31st take 10-15% off a complete Lapierre Bicycle which could save you up to $600.

In addition we are offering 25-40% off ALL 8 piece Road Groupsets (with the exception of Campagnolo 10 speed Groupsets and Groupsets with Wheelsets).

When you submit your Order Online @ www.texascyclesport.com, enter the Code: SPLF in the Promotion Code Box. (The Promotion Code Box will be located in the Recalculation Area after adding to the Cart). This offer is good from now until January 31st, 2010.

We wish you Goodwill in this New Year.

Good Roads and Trails To You,

Texas Cyclesport, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast