Has anyone purchase from Cycle BiKyle before?
    Shut up legs!

Has anyone purchase from Cycle BiKyle before?

Has anyone ordered anything from Cycle BiKyle in Philadelphia before?

Their website looks very 1995ish but they have what I want and I am not sure if I can trust my business with them.

Any personal experience with this business please share.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008

Excellent Experience

I personally did not get a bike from them but my frequent riding partner of 8 years did.
    He went there personally for a fitting and they made recomendations as to which
    bikes / frames were best suited to his fit and needs.
    He ended up with a Look 585 and is very happy with the result. He had only good things to say about the experience.
    Hope that helps a bit.

RoadBikeReview Member

Real Shop

Its one of the most famous shops in Philadelphia. I bought a frame there after getting fitted by Kyle himself back in college. Nice hole-in-the-wall size store filled to the ceiling with a impressive inventory.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Bought some Assos from them and it went well. I would call to make sure they have it in stock and can ship right away. If they have it, you will get it. Nice place to shop.

JT

Shut up legs!
    Thank you all for your feedbacks.

I had ordered a bike frame online with them. I did emailed them to make sure they have the size I want. However they have to get the frame from "the warehouse" and so I have to wait.
    It's been 5 days now and they said it hasn't arrived yet. When asked where is the frame coming from, they said "mid-west, Illinois maybe". I am a little curious as to why they don't seem sure where it's coming from EXACTLY. I hope this isn't a horrifying case of waiting for a couple weeks and have them tell me "sorry the frame is on backorder and we are waiting for more stock".

At the time of ordering, they did tell me the frame should be ready to ship to me mid of this week.

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    I bought my DeRosa there. I've never been to Philly. We did everything over the phone & via internet. That includes the fitting, component choice, color & brand of bar tape - every detail. I was extremely pleased with the experience. The bike and model he suggested, (actually he suggested a few and let me make the choice) fits like it's a custom frame made personally for me. I bought it '94, and I still get comments on how comfortable I look on it. Could I have gotten it cheaper? Maybe. But the service was so good and thorough, that I didn't want to look elsewhere.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

Life Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kdub
    I am a little curious as to why they don't seem sure where it's coming from EXACTLY.
    They don't know because it's not their warehouse, it's their distributor's. Any update?

Shut up legs!
    Yes the frameset was sent out on Saturday and I received a tracking number. So it's all good!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008

They get my vote

I purchased a frame from them this Summer and had a fine experience. I knew what I wanted, they had it, and I did the deal over the phone/online. The frame was delivered in a timely fashion and it was well packed. the frame was preped, and they installed a headset exactly as I had requested. Moreover, thier communication was good. There was always someone there to answer the phone, and they responded promptly to e-mail.

I had a good experience!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I bought my Merckx Corsa 01 from Kyle several years ago. He actually steered me in the right direction regarding frame size or I might have bought one size too small. Had me fill out a sizing questionairre and send photos of me on my bike and then recommended the size. His recommendation was spot on. I also got a good deal on the frame. I would shop there again, particularly if I lived in the Philly area.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2020
    I ordered a bike (custom Peg) through this shop. The process should have been special, but instead it was anything but. This shop is deceptive, disingenuous and disinterested in providing anything in the way of customer service that runs counter to its established business practices (the final price was 9% over because of an undocumented fee the shop slipped in; an offer to split the difference of the disputed amount was rejected out of hand by Kyle Schmeer, the shop owner). An awful shop in every way. Shop here at peril to your sensibilities and savings. If you decide to buy a bike from this shop after reading this, just make sure you get *everything* in writing. You might get the bike you want, but the process will rob you of the joy.

If you'd like more info, you're welcome to PM me.