Merlin cycles current reviews?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012

Merlin cycles current reviews?

There is an old thread that was discussing Merlin cycles (back in 2016 I believe) but curious if anyone has had any more recent purchases sent to the US, how it went and maybe what your time frame was like?
    Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xSpokeLifex View Post
    There is an old thread that was discussing Merlin cycles (back in 2016 I believe) but curious if anyone has had any more recent purchases sent to the US, how it went and maybe what your time frame was like?
    Thanks!
    Never purchased a frame from them but plenty of tires and Shimano Components etc. Last purchase was a camelbak hydration pack which showed up in less than a week, that was a few months ago. I've never had any issues with them.
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Niner RLT9 RDO
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

"The Spirit of the Party "serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    They are fine. But all bets are off in the current environment.
    You could email them and I assume you will get an honest answer as to how they are doing with staff being able to get stuff in the mail. Or if you get no answer that will speak for itself. But who knows what will happen with the mail itself which of course is beyond their control.

.je
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I posted this to a different thread but this one is probably the one it's best for. I've made a few purchases from Merlin (to Canada but to USA is the same), most recently this past December, and never a problem.

Not sure if you've checked, but this is the latest:
    International Shipping - Due to the servere restrictions on flying there are a numer of restictions in place and with limited cargo space on planes delays may occur. Many services have stopped and we are having to use FedEx as a new shipping partner. FedEx offers a much faster door to door service but at a cost, therefore many shipping options have changed in the basket and free shipping levels will be higher. We will go back to normal when we can but for now we are still able to deliver you your goods.

Canada:Free shipping on most goods over C$176,00. Under C$176,00 costs from C$17,60

Shipping on wheels and bikes varies depending on value.
    Huh! I don't expect spelling errors on a British website. It's almost like they dictated it into their mobile, and those things can't translate British accents.

I ran the price up to see when they make enough profit to cover shipping, and it's about $615.

I wonder if FedEx will hit you with fees if you pay the $17.60 shipping.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009
    Ordered an XT groupset and got it delivered in 3 business days through UPS. Just received it last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    I should start this as a new thread, but here is my bike buying experience from Merlin:

Ordered online, paid in US dollars, was charged immediately, and waited almost a month with no communication before being told it hadn't even been built yet. Waited some more, and then ultimately threatened to file as a fraud with American Express before it was finally shipped, then put back on hold while Merlin decided to switch shipping companies mid-sale.
    When it finally did ship, they misreported the amount paid on the US customs form (finally found out why my import and duty fees were so high) charging me well over $250 USD extra in customs and duty fees because of a clerical error on the part of the "shipper" (Merlin Cycles). It is now over a month since ordering, and still, no bike.
    Total pain in the arse, and "barely" worth the savings....