Merlin Free Shipping minimum
    RoadBikeReview Member

Merlin Free Shipping minimum

Looks like Merlin changed their shipping options - it's all DHL 1-2 day shipping and you have to buy $325 or more to get free shipping. The cost of not free shipping which was through royal mail and USPS went from $6 to $25 - so it pretty much blows any savings if a person is buying a few tires and a chain which used to be my typical order. Wonder what caused them to change, maybe something with COVID?
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Niner RLT9 RDO
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

"The Spirit of the Party "serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection

.je
    RoadBikeReview Member
    At the bottom of their site under "shipping" they have:
    International Shipping - Due to the servere restrictions on flying there are a numer of restictions in place and with limited cargo space on planes delays may occur. Many services have stopped and we are having to use DHL as a new shipping partner. DHL offers a much faster door to door service but at a cost, therefore many shipping options have changed in the basket and free shipping levels will be higher. We will go back to normal when we can but for now we are still able to deliver you your goods. Please note where Royal Mail International if offered delays can occur if you local mail service has internal issues causing delays, Canada and USA plus any Middle East countires have thses problems. Please consider upgradign to DHL.
    I don't know how those spelling errors got through without being noticed. Shouldn't the English know how to spell?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Totally missed that, that's encouraging - thanks!
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Niner RLT9 RDO
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

"The Spirit of the Party "serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection

RoadBikeReview Member
    Can't really compliant about their new method. My recent orders have been arriving noticeably quicker (3-5 days) after order placement than previously. My last order was dispatched and delivered in three days.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_rider View Post
    Can't really compliant about their new method. My recent orders have been arriving noticeably quicker (3-5 days) after order placement than previously. My last order was dispatched and delivered in three days.

did you have to pay duties or broker fees because DHL was the shipper?
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Niner RLT9 RDO
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

.je
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mine came Royal Mail and Canada Post w/o fees on the $120 package.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    did you have to pay duties or broker fees because DHL was the shipper?
    No, just keep the total under the exemption allowance ($800) and no duty will be imposed regardless of shipper used. If the total is higher, do multiple orders and a day or two in between as there are restrictions i.e. $800 within 30 days. Doubt this is enforced, but this is my way to avoid any unwanted attention.