Museeuw MFC 3.0 Framesets
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

Museeuw MFC 3.0 Framesets

Planet Cyclery has these on a blowout sale. I bought one, built it up with a buddy and have taken it on three rides. Itís a great value and a really good bike. It rides a lot like the old SL4 Roubaix and Tarmac. Itís relatively light and can easily be built up to 16 or so pounds. They are rim brake only though and I wouldnít really try tires that are much wider than 25mm to be honest. Itís a super fun bike to ride though.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    That sounds excellent. Can you provide details on your build. Pics as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    That sounds excellent. Can you provide details on your build. Pics as well.
    I am having trouble uploading a pic from my iphone, but I will move to my laptop in a bit and try again. I built mine up as a high performance budget bike basically. It has Shimano 105 components, Zipp bars, a carbon Zipp seatpost, a nice Prologo saddle, Look Keo Carbon pedals, an Easton stem, 25mm wheels and tires from Chain Reaction Cycles (their in house Prime wheels are tough to beat and sometimes come with Hutchinson tires). I like the bike so much that I probably will add some carbon Prime wheels after all of the madness is over God willing. Itís a really nice bike for the price and I couldnít be happier with it. Others that frequent or work at Planet Cyclery put a lot more money into theirs. They look sweet.

https://planetcyclery.com/museeuw-mfc-3-0-frame

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    It's still not working. If you send me an email address or something in a DM, I will get you some photos.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I jump through hoops trying to load pics too. The bike sounds like a great ride. I've never built, but the idea is starting to grow on me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    I jump through hoops trying to load pics too. The bike sounds like a great ride. I've never built, but the idea is starting to grow on me.
    Itís fun if you are a project and tinkering kind of person and you can always go into your local shop and get help/reassurance when you need it. You also feel differently about a bike you picked all of the parts for sometimes and bargain hunting for parts can be cool too. I like it more often than not.

Matnlely Dregaend
    I would be all over this if it was BSA but it's pressfit BB86. Well that and the world ending...
    ďBicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.Ē - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Cycling and ethical bankruptcy have always gone together." - Bike Snob NYC
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks
    "I haven't been %^&* like that since I was an altar boy" Hank Moody

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSmile View Post
    I would be all over this if it was BSA but it's pressfit BB86. Well that and the world ending...
    Thatís my preference as well. I can say that I havenít really experienced creaking though. It sounds like there are some good pressfit bb options out there from Praxis and Wheels Manufacturing that provide added piece of mind too. This pandemic thing is definitely a drag though. The struggle is real. Everybody stay safe. I hope you and your loved ones remain healthy.