Nashbar-Won't use US holding facilities for shipments
    RoadBikeReview Member

Nashbar-Won't use US holding facilities for shipments

Any Canadians using a US shipping address service so you can pick up items across the US border to take advantage of free shipping, or avoid the brokerage fees?

I tried using a Kinek point address so I could take advantage of free shipping at Nashbar rather than pay the $24.99 US cost, but they wouldn't ship there:

Thank you for your recent order with Nashbar. Your order is currently on hold, for security purposes. We are unable to ship to any type of hotels, motels, ups stores, mail holding facilities, mail box plus address, warehouses, shipping or freight forwarding companies. However, we can ship to an alternate residential or business address that is not classified as any of the previously stated restrictions.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

User is infamous around
    You might want to check to see if Nashbar is listing the item/s on Amazon. You might be able to work around the issue that way. I live in the U.S. and I rarely ever order direct from Nashbar anymore, since I use a P.O. box. They continually will ship to my street address, even though I specifically note the P.O. box, which incurs a $8-10 fee from USPS to route my order to the P.O. box. Then I have to contact customer service and complain to get refunded the routing fee. After the fourth time, I started finding alternate sources (like Nashbar listings on Amazon). When I order through Amazon, the shipping address is honored as I dictate, not what they choose to pay attention to.
    Quote Originally Posted by chudak View Post
    It's made with a mixture of titanium, unobtanium and the freshly harvested dew from the sweaty brows of 16 YO suburban virgins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    Don't forget the ground up unicorn horn. That makes it magical.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by junior1210 View Post
    You might want to check to see if Nashbar is listing the item/s on Amazon. You might be able to work around the issue that way. I live in the U.S. and I rarely ever order direct from Nashbar anymore, since I use a P.O. box. They continually will ship to my street address, even though I specifically note the P.O. box, which incurs a $8-10 fee from USPS to route my order to the P.O. box. Then I have to contact customer service and complain to get refunded the routing fee. After the fourth time, I started finding alternate sources (like Nashbar listings on Amazon). When I order through Amazon, the shipping address is honored as I dictate, not what they choose to pay attention to.
    Crap. I had them ship to my house, but I will check with Amazon next time. It's a building supply retail store just across the US border (Wellesley Island) that I wanted it shipped to. I wander if I could have left the PO box out of the address??? It's in the middle of nowhere so the Post Office would have known where to send it to, lol.

Yup, they were on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Giro-Factor-Sh...AZFK50M5H1PMMD
    Last edited by love4himies; 08-09-2015 at 07:45 AM.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.