PBK Shipment Times
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006

PBK Shipment Times

I placed an order nearly two weeks ago when PBK had a great deal on twin-packs of Conti 4000S tires and ordered several other items that were in-stock. I received my confirmation on Monday 3/21 that the order was "dispatched". Hoping my order arrives this week. What have others been experiencing with PBK shipments? A couple of years back my shipments were about one week from time ordered. I'm on the West Coast so I know it can be a day or two more.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You can forget about one-week delivery to the west coast anymore from PBK.

Normal delivery is now 15 to 20 days. Before you complain, go find the "thread that went on forever" in here about slow PBK receiving time over the 2010 holiday season where people were commonly waiting 30 to 45 days.

It's not PBK's fault, as I understand it but it does change the dynamics. If you still want one-week delivery, probably best to stay away from Euro vendors. If you're happy with the good deals and you don't mind waiting, no need to change. Your choice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009

I'm waiting too...

Mine "despatched" on March 17th (2 conti gp4000s) before the twin pack sale.

Still nothing. (by the way, I contacted them to ask if I could get the price difference since I purchased a few days before their march 18th conti sale and they wouldn't "offer discounts retroactively.") Not a gripe, just--well, kind of a gripe...

I'm on the west coast, too.

Last fall when I ordered last it seemed like a week. Not two full weeks though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    I ordered a pair of GP 4000s on March 19th and I received them yesterday. I live on the east coast.

Vee
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Here is a thread from a couple months ago.
    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=234486

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn2RoadConvert
    I placed an order nearly two weeks ago when PBK had a great deal on twin-packs of Conti 4000S tires and ordered several other items that were in-stock. I received my confirmation on Monday 3/21 that the order was "dispatched". Hoping my order arrives this week. What have others been experiencing with PBK shipments? A couple of years back my shipments were about one week from time ordered. I'm on the West Coast so I know it can be a day or two more.
    To me it usually takes less than a week, like 4-5 days, but I'm based in Europe so...

the fist
    I dont know of any biking site that gives retroactive discounts for previous purchases.
    FlexiSexual

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry
    I dont know of any biking site that gives retroactive discounts for previous purchases.
    Competitive Cyclist did this for me on a Fizik saddle. Same situation: price dropped while mine was in the mail. I called, asked and they gave me the discount. Figured it was worth a shot...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn2RoadConvert
    It takes about 15 days to the north east

the fist
    Quote Originally Posted by LCFrecrider
    Competitive Cyclist did this for me on a Fizik saddle. Same situation: price dropped while mine was in the mail. I called, asked and they gave me the discount. Figured it was worth a shot...
    nothing wrong with trying
    FlexiSexual

RoadBikeReview Member
    My order was dispatched on the March 17 as well, received it March 30. Not as quick as it used to be but can't complain about free shipping and the good pricing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    made an order in early march, and I received it in about 4 days to the east cost

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just got some Gatorskin tires from PBK.
    It took about 2 weeks to the West Coast of California.

Over Christmas--Ribble took 40 days.
    Not their fault. Delay is on our side.

You'll get them when you get them. That attitude will save you some anxiety.
    "People ask me what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike - busting my ass - six hours a day. What are you on?"
    Lance Armstrong

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Shipping from Probikekit to Canada is still within 1 week. There's been absolutely no change since the past few years.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have one order that was dispatched from PBK on 3/22 and arrived yesterday.
    I have another order that was dispatched from PBK on 3/15 and still has not arrived.
    2013 Giant Anthem Advanced X29.

2008 Look 585 - Great Bike!

2010 Lynskey R230 - Comfortable!

2015 Giant Defy Advanced SL 0.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    I ordered my GP 4000s and a 3T handlebar the day they put the tire sets on sale. Just got them to my door yesterday. West Coast (Seattle)

Folsom City Blues...
    I'm in Northren California and when I pay the (I think it's $7.00 extra for next day shipping). PBK ships it out the very next day and I get my items within 4~5 working days. If I don't pay the extra shipping. It take 2~3 days to ship and I get my items within 4~5 working days which works out to about two weeks.

Since the X-mas rush of 2010 when things got really slow for items to reach us for across the pond, it looks like it's back to business as usual.

Peace
    Last edited by Elfstone; 04-01-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    Tao Te Ching

The movement of the Tao is to return

The way of Tao is to yield

Heaven, Earth and all things are born of the existant world.

The existent world is born of nothingness of the Tao

Master Lao Tzu

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    i put an order in in early jan and it took 30 dyas to get to me. just put another order in last week, so we'll see if things have improved.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    I usually order tires from PBK and don't need them immediately, but this time I ordered some brakes for a cyclocross bike I'm building. Been riding the bike with some old XTR V-brakes without the problem solvers until the new brakes arrive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    I'm a happy camper, my order arrived today just in time for the weekend. My order arrived exactly two weeks from the time of order...located in the Bay Area, CA.

Matnlely Dregaend
    6 days NYC area. Just a little longer than before.
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Cycling and ethical bankruptcy have always gone together." - Bike Snob NYC
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks
    "I haven't been %^&* like that since I was an altar boy" Hank Moody

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry
    It all depends on the retailer. The trick is threatening to return the items and then repurchase them with the new codes. I might have been the one responsible for the non-retroactive disclaimer on their website. It was probably around 2008 when I ordered 2 Record groupos from them. I used a 15% off coupon and then got a 20% off coupon the next day. They were adamant about not giving me the difference less return postage, and I had half a mind to return the components and rebuy them, but for the $50 I was going to save I decided to just live with it. There were a ton of e-mails going back and forth between me and a lady that works for them.

FYI - I do it all the time at stores around here. If I buy something and haven't used it yet, and then it goes on sale, I get them to refund the difference. We just did it on a washer and drier we bought. Bought them on a Thursday and found out on Friday that there was a sales tax holiday over President's day weekend for energy star appliances. Called up the manager and he refunded the $150 or so in sales tax to us. Amazing how the salesman conveniently forgot to tell us about the upcoming sales tax holiday in two days, and I thought he was a really nice guy.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Modified by unknown from Bovard's original quote<o:p></o:p>

Bikes:
    Colnago C50 ST01 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 303
    Colnago Cristallo NS03 - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Custom Wheels
    Colnago Oval Krono LX4 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 808/disk
    Colnago Arte bare aluminum - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 404
    Colnago Arte NS03 - unbuilt
    Bianchi FG Lite Liqui - 2008 Record - Zipp 202

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    My last order took 20 calendar days to AZ. My current order is 14 and counting. I think the honeymoon is over.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    dispatched March14...still waiting..Toronto Canada

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    got my PBK order in yesterday, took a shade under 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast