tacx tao cages

Thread: tacx tao cages

the fist

Exclamation tacx tao cages

@pbk.

nice deal...cages, plus a bottle for $7.07, after USA15 coupon code....not too shabby.

They are light, look good, and hold your bottle securely!
    FlexiSexual

the fist
    FlexiSexual

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for posting - just picked up two in black.
    Btw, PBK is no longer including the mounting bolts on these cages (they used to a while back) but at this price I can't really complain.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    i bought 2 as well
    2003 Airborne Valkyrie Titanium with Campy Centaur
    2007 Everti Titanium Sram Red Boyd Aero Wheelset
    2012 Felt ZC Dura Ace DI2
    2013 Roubaix Pro SL4 Ultegra HED Ardenne's CL

2011 Sette Forza Elite with 5700 group for sale.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks...picked up 2 of each
    Well trained....well rested......pick one!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    i bought two of these last time they ran this deal and though they did come with the mounting bolts, they don't really hold the bottles nearly as securely as I imagined from all the comments. I was hoping they'd hold tightly enough to stop dropping bottles out when riding my 'cross bike off road but I doubt it. (last time a bottle came out, it wedged between crank and frame and ripped my crank sensor magnet off which I didn't notice until later in the ride when I noticed I wasn't showing cadence on the computer: but i road the same trail a week later and stopped in the area of the incident and actually found it!)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificaslim
    i bought two of these last time they ran this deal and though they did come with the mounting bolts, they don't really hold the bottles nearly as securely as I imagined from all the comments. I was hoping they'd hold tightly enough to stop dropping bottles out when riding my 'cross bike off road but I doubt it. (last time a bottle came out, it wedged between crank and frame and ripped my crank sensor magnet off which I didn't notice until later in the ride when I noticed I wasn't showing cadence on the computer: but i road the same trail a week later and stopped in the area of the incident and actually found it!)

Try mashing the whole thing toward the downtube. You can re-shape the hoops to make them tighter or looser. I used to use those holders w/ specialized bottles. I lost a few, but it was when the hoops got loose...

the fist
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificaslim
    I don't doubt your troubles (sucky).

I have had really good luck, using them since they 1st came out (no 'cross though).
    I have lost exactly 2 water bottles. I wonder if it makes a difference that I only use tacx bottles?
    FlexiSexual

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    I bought two Tacx Tao from PBK 1-2 months ago and they did come with mounting bolts even though the description says no.

The cages hold my specialized bottles well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    tacx cages work really well with tacx bidons

i have had very poor results with numerous other brand's bidons combined with these cages
    LANCE ARMSTRONG 2009 NEVADA CITY CHAMPION

the fist
    Cages came yesterday, including mounting bolts.

it's a little funny, because the free bottles that they came with are 'Elite"
    FlexiSexual

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry
    Cages came yesterday, including mounting bolts.

it's a little funny, because the free bottles that they came with are 'Elite"
    When did you order? I placed my order on March 1st but havent received anything yet?

the fist
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13
    When did you order? I placed my order on March 1st but havent received anything yet?
    I ordered exactly 7 days ago. My orders from pbk take anywhere from 5 - 8 days (missouri).

It should arrive for you.

I ordered from Wiggle on the same day and nothing, yet. I'm sure it will get here.
    FlexiSexual