tacx tao cages
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: tacx tao cages

  1. #1
    the fist
    Reputation: JohnHenry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,711

    Exclamation tacx tao cages

    @pbk.

    nice deal...cages, plus a bottle for $7.07, after USA15 coupon code....not too shabby.

    They are light, look good, and hold your bottle securely!
    FlexiSexual

  2. #2
    the fist
    Reputation: JohnHenry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,711
    FlexiSexual

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    95
    Thanks for posting - just picked up two in black.
    Btw, PBK is no longer including the mounting bolts on these cages (they used to a while back) but at this price I can't really complain.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    191
    i bought 2 as well
    2003 Airborne Valkyrie Titanium with Campy Centaur
    2007 Everti Titanium Sram Red Boyd Aero Wheelset
    2012 Felt ZC Dura Ace DI2
    2013 Roubaix Pro SL4 Ultegra HED Ardenne's CL

    2011 Sette Forza Elite with 5700 group for sale.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: gearguywb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    283
    Thanks...picked up 2 of each
    Well trained....well rested......pick one!

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    969
    i bought two of these last time they ran this deal and though they did come with the mounting bolts, they don't really hold the bottles nearly as securely as I imagined from all the comments. I was hoping they'd hold tightly enough to stop dropping bottles out when riding my 'cross bike off road but I doubt it. (last time a bottle came out, it wedged between crank and frame and ripped my crank sensor magnet off which I didn't notice until later in the ride when I noticed I wasn't showing cadence on the computer: but i road the same trail a week later and stopped in the area of the incident and actually found it!)

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificaslim
    i bought two of these last time they ran this deal and though they did come with the mounting bolts, they don't really hold the bottles nearly as securely as I imagined from all the comments. I was hoping they'd hold tightly enough to stop dropping bottles out when riding my 'cross bike off road but I doubt it. (last time a bottle came out, it wedged between crank and frame and ripped my crank sensor magnet off which I didn't notice until later in the ride when I noticed I wasn't showing cadence on the computer: but i road the same trail a week later and stopped in the area of the incident and actually found it!)

    Try mashing the whole thing toward the downtube. You can re-shape the hoops to make them tighter or looser. I used to use those holders w/ specialized bottles. I lost a few, but it was when the hoops got loose...

  8. #8
    the fist
    Reputation: JohnHenry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,711
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificaslim
    i bought two of these last time they ran this deal and though they did come with the mounting bolts, they don't really hold the bottles nearly as securely as I imagined from all the comments. I was hoping they'd hold tightly enough to stop dropping bottles out when riding my 'cross bike off road but I doubt it. (last time a bottle came out, it wedged between crank and frame and ripped my crank sensor magnet off which I didn't notice until later in the ride when I noticed I wasn't showing cadence on the computer: but i road the same trail a week later and stopped in the area of the incident and actually found it!)
    I don't doubt your troubles (sucky).

    I have had really good luck, using them since they 1st came out (no 'cross though).
    I have lost exactly 2 water bottles. I wonder if it makes a difference that I only use tacx bottles?
    FlexiSexual

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    82
    I bought two Tacx Tao from PBK 1-2 months ago and they did come with mounting bolts even though the description says no.

    The cages hold my specialized bottles well.

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,320
    tacx cages work really well with tacx bidons

    i have had very poor results with numerous other brand's bidons combined with these cages
    LANCE ARMSTRONG 2009 NEVADA CITY CHAMPION

  11. #11
    the fist
    Reputation: JohnHenry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,711
    Cages came yesterday, including mounting bolts.

    it's a little funny, because the free bottles that they came with are 'Elite"
    FlexiSexual

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry
    Cages came yesterday, including mounting bolts.

    it's a little funny, because the free bottles that they came with are 'Elite"
    When did you order? I placed my order on March 1st but havent received anything yet?

  13. #13
    the fist
    Reputation: JohnHenry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,711
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13
    When did you order? I placed my order on March 1st but havent received anything yet?
    I ordered exactly 7 days ago. My orders from pbk take anywhere from 5 - 8 days (missouri).

    It should arrive for you.

    I ordered from Wiggle on the same day and nothing, yet. I'm sure it will get here.
    FlexiSexual

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.