2006 Jamis Xenith Team - derailleur hanger??
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008

2006 Jamis Xenith Team - derailleur hanger??

Does anyone know where I can find a derailleur hanger for Jamis Xenith Team - 2006? Can't find it anywhere...

Thanks,

Jody

Banned forever.....or not
    1) Find a dealer that carries Jamis.
    2) Ask them to order one for you.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Cycling induced anoesis
    If there are no dealers in your area, try contacting Jamis directly:
    http://www.jamisbikes.com/contact/road.html
    Another option is to do a dealer locate from the Jamis website and contact a dealer. You may be able to work something out where they'd ship to you.

m_s
    oh lonesome road for you
    Nov 2007
    derailleurhanger.com doesn't have them?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    No, I checked and they have Hanger #60 listed as a compatible hanger. It doesn't match at all. I'm waiting to hear back from my LBS. You would think this would be a relatively easy hanger to find....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009

Jamis Team

I think you should sell the bike- now.
    When I first got a Jamis Team I loved it, great ride, precise cornering and great acceleration.
    BUT-
    Today while on a group ride my derailleur hanger snapped while dropping into the 11 t cogring- throwing my derailleur into the spokes thus breaking the seatstay, front derailleur rear derailleur and two spokes. The tire was burnt down to the innertube!
    The first Jamis Team I had broke at the seat collar because of insufficient bonding. The Jamis Team is light, but at what cost?
    There is reliable carbon out there, but this bike is not one of them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    Just out of curiousity, was your B-tension screw too tight? Not that it should cause your derailleur hanger to snap, but I noticed when mine was really tight, the hanger seemed vulnerable. You may want to check with Jamis and see if they can send you a crash replacement or new frame? I cracked my headtube back in Sept. on my Dragon Team 07' and they replaced it with an 08'. Sorry to hear about your crash, at least you didn't get hurt. What will be your next bike?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    Actually......
    I just had the rear derailleur serviced and adjusted by a Shimano trained mechanic who replaced the springs and reinstalled it. He's an impeccable mechanic and the screw seems moderately adjusted.
    When you look at the hanger, it seems exceptionally delicate and thin where it broke. Since the bike had never been crashed or dropped on the hanger, it seems it must have been defective.
    It's a damn shame because it rode really well. I sold Jamis bikes in the late 80's and they were really great for the money, my confidence in their carbon is shaken now.
    Thankfully, this did not result in a crash- just a 30 mph skid in front of 60 guys who were good enough to avoid piling into me from behind!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    Just an FYI - I switched from Shimano DA RD to Campy Record RD last spring. The Campy B tension adjustment is located at the pivot spring on the lower cage. Definitely puts less stress on the hanger. Maybe look into different derailleur options if the hanger looks sketchy. Think you'll stick with carbon next time around?