2007 Jamis XENITH PRO
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008

2007 Jamis XENITH PRO

What would you recommend a new 2007 Jamis Xenith pro for about $2,000 or a Specialized Tarmac, Cannondale Synapse 5, or the Trek Madone 4.5 (all of the bikes are about the same price)? Does anybody have any suggestions about theses bikes and what should I be looking for?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    Does any one know how it also compares to the Cervelo Soloist?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    I have the same questions. It's really hard to compare frames, and its rare to get straight responses from people.
    What most people tell me is just to try them out and buy the one that feels the best.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    ok first buy what fits!!!
    next figure out what type of rider you really are.

the c'dale is well made, but slower handling, and prior to 09 have shorter head tubes. ride quality is good and they are reasonable enough in price. good bike, but not the most inspiring ride..imlo

cervelo is aluminum, and flexy in the head tube area, but stiff in the bb.

the specialized tarmacs are very good bikes. but and i mean but, depends on what year and model you get. some of the older models from 07-08 elites look like PF frames and they were soft and uninspiring. the SL and sl2's are leagues above in terms of stiffness and ride quality especially the sl2.

the trek is a TCT asian model that is decent enough for the price. have steep seat tube angles and ride quality is muted or dull, imlo..

the jamis xenith models are very good bikes. from 08 on. dont know about the 07's. they have slacker seat angles in the smaller sizes, which is a good thing imlo, and the handling and ride quality for the price are off the charts...

for me, no question the jamis xenith. but ride them all back to back if possible.