2010 Xenith Team
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010

2010 Xenith Team

I would say Jamis clearly has the best bang for your buck. I have had this for 2 months and about 2000 miles. Handleing is precise and it does everything well. It may not be the stiffest chassis on the block but it is an all around performer. Climbing is a breeze as it weighs nothing and long century rides go by quick. The Sram red is great and with the addition of races wheels this bike wants to be in groups at 30+ MPH!! I would bet if you could get a blind test many pros would pick this bike over some of its rivals...
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    NOT even close mate, here is a link to the geometry tables.

http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/thebik...hteam_geo.html

hope this helps

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008

Pros prefer the xenith

A little bird told me that the pro racers for the jamis team miss their xenith when they leave and have to ride something else.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    looks like the same bike for 1/2 the $ I would be interested in seeing both side by side & riding them both :-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008

many different layers

carbon bikes can look alike but the ride is in the layering of various types of carbon each with its own properties, the polymers used in construction, and the combination of layering direction. I am sure there are also many other aspects that go into the "ride feel" of the frame also.

Build a simple low cost durable frame with softer materials and end up with sunday bike.
    Build a stiff almost brittle frame and join the front of the race.

The engineering of the frame and how many aspects are designed into it becomes the price and the quality.

Cheap is easy to make and making it look like someone elses bike is even easier.

If you are buying for the components then buy away.

I can offer you a carbon frame just like the team called the comp, same bike as the team geometry but built as an entry level race bike. The xenith comp is made with the High Modulus carbon as the bike you are looking at. The team is made with higher grade contruction and materials. I can take off the105 and put on RED and some nice wheels, any shop can do that and you would also get the support that a LBS can give.

As you say you would have to ride them side by side, flats they might be the same, but try a few hill or sprints, or better yet a few sprints on hills and you will notice the difference.

At that point it comes down to the attitude you want your bike to have....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    Very nice, I am extremely happy with my 2010 Xenith Pro as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008

Cool Wheels

I have had the AM classics on my 05 team. Fast & tough. I like them better in the white (i have the black)

Enjoy

RoadBikeReview Member
    nice rides guys!

Mike
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6
    2017 Giant Trance Advanced 1

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Some 2011 info for you guys, jamis upped the components on the team to Di2 and amclassic aero3 wheels retailing around $6k. Downside is that they're bringing out a new frame lay-up schedule the call "elite" and is now a step down from the sl near net frame mold. they're also bringing out a new model called the "elite" which will have the same frame as the team, however will have a full red group and amclassic aero3 wheels and will retail at $4500. Pro stays at the same price point and same component group/frame level but will see a downgrade to ksyrium equipe wheels. SL will retail around $8k and will have a full red group, an upgrade to a near net molded fork and will stay with the zipp 404 tubulars. Everything else below that stays pretty much the same road wise.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for the info macedeno21. Do you know anything regarding the Xenith Race? I've been reading a lot about the 2010's thinking that might be my first road bike.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    The race just see's a different paint job from what I know.

Get me to In&Out
    @ccsracer...what bar tape is that. I am looking for silver and have been eyeing a few different ones, but yours looks nice.
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by macedeno21
    The race just see's a different paint job from what I know.
    I'm looking at the Race too. The 2011 catalog has 4 differences. Wheelset is now Mavic Aksium Race, Ritchey Stem, and two other small differences. I can't remember off the top of my head, but my dealer told me that generally the Xeniths are 10% cheaper than last year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fatroadie
    I'm looking at the Race too. The 2011 catalog has 4 differences. Wheelset is now Mavic Aksium Race, Ritchey Stem, and two other small differences. I can't remember off the top of my head, but my dealer told me that generally the Xeniths are 10% cheaper than last year.
    LBS this weekend stated the 2011 Race will be $2600 vs. $2675 for the 2010. They also felt the Aksium's were a nice improvement over the American Classics. I can't say having experience with neither.

dolophonic
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtberv

You may want to take a closer look.

Spend your money how you like but let others do the same eh.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a 2008 SL with 2008 record mounted...I am itching to get a 2010 team. I dont really want Di2, plus not interested in getting the Dyad frame vs omniad.

On the wrong floor again
    My team uses Jamis and I've heard zero complaints from them and these guys have ridden plenty of other stuff. Nice purchase. I think Jamis is undersold as well, and I don't have a Jamis....yet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtberv View Post

The seat stays are completely different, and the down tubes have different shapes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Very nice looking xenith

RoadBikeReview Member
    Very happy with my 2011 Jamis Xenith Race. Gonna throw another set of wheels and cranks on it for the 2012 race season. My only complaint is its tough to mount my speed sensor for the front wheel because of the bowed out forks and bladed spokes.

"If you cant fix it with a hammer, you got yourself an electrical problem"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Is it comfortable on long rides or just a racer? Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Haven't had it on any ultra distance rides yet but from what I can tell its a great all around bike, with a lot of bang for the buck.
    "If you cant fix it with a hammer, you got yourself an electrical problem"