2011 SL compare to others ride on the market??
    met
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

2011 SL compare to others ride on the market??

Anyone had the chance to compare the SL with the other rides on the market??
    Like the Trek Madone 5/6 series,Merckx EMX,Giant TCR..etc????

met
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Anyone any comments?????

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    It'll out perform the Madone any day of the week. Treks feel dead and their routing is all jacked up. The SL will feel super lively from my experience with Jamis carbon. The SL is an all out machine. You won't go wrong with it. I'll be able to give you a real review when mine gets here. The lack of response may be because they're all out of stock of their high end carbon bikes until the 3rd week in April. (I sell Jamis bikes)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    great bikes for the price!

not to hot on the paint schemes the last couple of years but great ride quality compared to most.

the sl and team frames do ride better, super smooth and stiff when you need it.
    Last edited by a_avery007; 04-03-2011 at 01:53 PM.

met
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the feedback guys.....

cole91..hope to have ur review soon.....

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    I hope to be able to give you one soon! Thinking about dropping back to the Xenith Elite but I can't make up my mind. Mainly because I don't need the Zipps and I'd like to have a little extra cash to switch out the cassette, chain, seatpost, stem, bearings and skewers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by a_avery007
    great bikes for the price!

not to hot on the paint schemes the last couple of years but great ride quality compared to most.

the sl and team frames do ride better, super smooth and stiff when you need it.
    I agree on the paint schemes. I was in the market for an Ultegra-level plush road bike and the Jamis Endura was on my short list, and the gaudy paint scheme turned me off.

I've always thought that Jamis bikes offered great value. I owned a 2005 Jamis Quest until just recently, and I don't think there was anything better at its price point. A few of the newer bikes also look to be a good deal, like the Dragon Race 29er mountain bike. However, that SL doesn't look like such a good deal. An S-Works Tarmac with Dura-Ace is cheaper and I would pick it over the Jamis even it weren't. The Endura 3 that I was looking at is the same price as a Cannondale Synapse Carbon 3, and they have pretty much the same spec. Cannondale uses more of their own parts, but they are on par with the parts that Jamis specs.

So, they are great bikes if you get a good deal on them, and they probably don't hold their value as well as the bigger names so you are more likely to find a good deal on a used one. But make sure you shop around.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Also, Jabrabu, the Specialized isn't even close to the Jamis in value. First the Zipp 404 tubulars destroy the Rovals, cost more and outperform no matter what you're doing. Second its gotta a shatty Specialized crankset, bar, tires, stem, saddle and others, where as the Jamis is spec'd out with real brands. Specialized junk is just chinese open stock without any quality. The Red cranks vs the random Specialized cranks is worth the price right there. Not to mention Red is lighter and outperforms Dura Ace so I don't know where you're thinking Specialized is any better!