2012 Jamis Bikes
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    30

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    148
    bad link
    2010 Motobecane Fantom 29
    2010 Jamis Quest

  3. #3
    Vee
    Vee is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Vee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    929
    Works for me. Just an expired SSL cert.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    148
    that's alright, I found it on facebook
    2010 Motobecane Fantom 29
    2010 Jamis Quest

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: rti27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25
    i love my 2012 Jamis Race

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: rti27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: rti27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25
    wait those aren't my real pedals for the record.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    2012 Ventura Sport

    IMG_6675s.JPG

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by barenz17 View Post
    2012 Ventura Sport

    IMG_6675s.JPG
    Very nice looking bike
    1973 Mercier
    1977 Peugeot U08.
    2010 Jamis Coda
    2011 jamis Xenith Endura

  10. #10
    .je
    .je is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: .je's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,020
    Has anyone rode a Xenith Comp? They seem to be going for a good price... reviews online, as sparse as they are, seem pretty positive.

    The bike seems pretty light, not fantastically so. From what I gather this frame has been sold since 2008... if that is of any concern?

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by .je View Post
    Has anyone rode a Xenith Comp? They seem to be going for a good price... reviews online, as sparse as they are, seem pretty positive.

    The bike seems pretty light, not fantastically so. From what I gather this frame has been sold since 2008... if that is of any concern?

    I ride a 2011 Jamis Xenith Endura Comp and love it. Bit more upright geo than the Xenith Comp, but pretty much the same frame.

  12. #12
    .je
    .je is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: .je's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,020
    I tried it out, and I loved that bike more than any other bike I've rode, except it might be low for my back to handle even on that 10 minute sub-zero test ride. I wonder if I should just HTFU and do it.

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by .je View Post
    I tried it out, and I loved that bike more than any other bike I've rode, except it might be low for my back to handle even on that 10 minute sub-zero test ride. I wonder if I should just HTFU and do it.

    If the Xenith felt too low you should give the Endura a try. Taller headtube with slacker angles make for a bit more relaxing ride, but still with plenty of performance.

  14. #14
    Cycling induced anoesis
    Reputation: PJ352's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    13,003
    Quote Originally Posted by .je View Post
    I tried it out, and I loved that bike more than any other bike I've rode, except it might be low for my back to handle even on that 10 minute sub-zero test ride. I wonder if I should just HTFU and do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskiman View Post
    If the Xenith felt too low you should give the Endura a try. Taller headtube with slacker angles make for a bit more relaxing ride, but still with plenty of performance.
    A relaxed geo bike like the Endura is certainly an option, but if .je likes the ride/ handling of the Xenith, I'd suggest working with the LBS on dialing in fit (including raising the bars, 'some') and test riding it again before deciding.

    Even a 1 cm difference in bar height can make a big difference in bike fit and feel.

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ352 View Post
    A relaxed geo bike like the Endura is certainly an option, but if .je likes the ride/ handling of the Xenith, I'd suggest working with the LBS on dialing in fit (including raising the bars, 'some') and test riding it again before deciding.

    Even a 1 cm difference in bar height can make a big difference in bike fit and feel.
    Very valid point.

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Scott Road Bikes?
    By rdblatch in forum Scott
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 07:21 AM
  2. 2012 Pinarello bikes
    By AnthonyL88 in forum Pinarello
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 06:18 PM
  3. Predictions 2012 TdF. Post by start time Jul 2012
    By PJay in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 07:24 PM
  4. 2012 Bikes and 2011 Sales?
    By Arrwin in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 10:55 AM
  5. Sizing of Jamis road bikes
    By teamvwracing in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.