Any frame differnces within Xenith line
    RoadBikeReview Member

Any frame differnces within Xenith line

Are there any differences between the frames in the Xenith series bikes -- Comp, Race, Pro? Or is the difference between the bikes all in the components?

Cycling induced anoesis
    Quote Originally Posted by ragweed
    Are there any differences between the frames in the Xenith series bikes -- Comp, Race, Pro? Or is the difference between the bikes all in the components?
    The Comp has high modulus CF with Dyad layup - w/ 'Comp level' fork.
    The Race and Pro have the the same frame, but with 'Pro level' forks. The specs on the website detail the differences.
    Above the Pro, the framesets change to Ultra high modulus/ Omniad with 'Xenith SL' level forks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

to add a little

the frames are exactly as described above.

but how they ride is a different matter altogether.

the comp, race, and pro basically will ride the same all things considered, except the comp has a comp level fork. these frames ride fantastically, from my personal experience.

the Team and SL frames are different animals- period.

stiffer, lighter and smoother...worth the cost? depends on your criteria and frame of reference.

to me yes!!

just like the giant tcr advanced and tcr advanced sl; two different beasts and rides...

hope this helps
    Last edited by a_avery007; 08-26-2009 at 09:42 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks, PJ, and Avery, for the info. Emailed the same question to Jamis but never got a response.

kytyree
    You don't see Jamis around here at all, in fact I don't know if I've ever seen one near here and that's too bad.

RoadBikeReview Member
    That's part of the Jamis appear factor for me. Really getting sick of all those Specialize roadbikes in these here parts and it's to the point that it makes Trek look like an exotic brand.

Cycling induced anoesis
    Quote Originally Posted by ragweed
    That's part of the Jamis appear factor for me. Really getting sick of all those Specialize roadbikes in these here parts and it's to the point that it makes Trek look like an exotic brand.
    Hey, watch that. I like my Tarmac!

But I agree that Jamis is kind of a sleeper bike brand. I rode the Xenith Comp a couple of years back and was impressed with the level of refinement. I think the rest of their line has loads of character as well. As long as it fits, I think you'd be happy with the Xenith.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

that is strange

Emailed the same question to Jamis but never got a response. [/QUOTE]

as i asked the same questions and (Steve Fairchild sp??) took the time to reply back and give me the straight information.

maybe your mail did not go through or went to the wrong department..

anyway- ride them both and decide..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    my 2 cents - just upgraded from riding an Malvern Star Oppy Lyon (Full Ultegra Sl, Mavic rims, carbon frame and carbon stem etc. 8.1 kgs) to my current ride, a Jamis Xenith Race and it's a totally different beast!

T700 carbon frame, ultegra components, duraace deraileur, easton stem and FSA k-force crank. and other personal touches (a specialized BG saddle, FSA stem, 105 pedals and my favourite WH6700 wheels and continental GP4000 tyres.

besides the weight saving of almost a 1kg, i record myself close to 10km/hr faster when i push for it. can't emphasize enough how light and stiff the frame is.

the bike is great. superd handling and turn in capabilities. almost to the point of been twitchy but it is extremely controllable.

and have I mentioned how great the wheel set is?
    i'm a total Shimano addict now. WH6700 wheels are much better than the mavics I had!
    it spins totally smoothly without the clicking noise. (not sure what that is) and has a much better braking surface then on my Mavics...

sounds like I'm in love!

Cycling induced anoesis
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfredcsp
    my 2 cents - just upgraded from riding an Malvern Star Oppy Lyon (Full Ultegra Sl, Mavic rims, carbon frame and carbon stem etc. 8.1 kgs) to my current ride, a Jamis Xenith Race and it's a totally different beast!

T700 carbon frame, ultegra components, duraace deraileur, easton stem and FSA k-force crank. and other personal touches (a specialized BG saddle, FSA stem, 105 pedals and my favourite WH6700 wheels and continental GP4000 tyres.

besides the weight saving of almost a 1kg, i record myself close to 10km/hr faster when i push for it. can't emphasize enough how light and stiff the frame is.

the bike is great. superd handling and turn in capabilities. almost to the point of been twitchy but it is extremely controllable.

and have I mentioned how great the wheel set is?
    i'm a total Shimano addict now. WH6700 wheels are much better than the mavics I had!
    it spins totally smoothly without the clicking noise. (not sure what that is) and has a much better braking surface then on my Mavics...

sounds like I'm in love!
    That clicking sound when freewheeling is the pawls ratcheting over the teeth internal to the freehub (if you really wanted to know ).
    freehub1.JPG
    Sounds like a nice setup. Congrats on the bike and ride safe!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PJ352; 09-28-2009 at 04:59 PM.