Jamis Icon

Thread: Jamis Icon

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014

Jamis Icon

I am picking up my new Icon Elite tomorrow. Anybody else who has had this bike a while care to share their thoughts?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    I don't own one but I've ridden it. Incredibly fast and responsive but the Icon Elite was like riding a brick. It was stiff to point of being uncomfortable to me but I'm not looking to race. I would imagine that it makes a great crit bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't own one but I've ridden it. Incredibly fast and responsive but the Icon Elite was like riding a brick. It was stiff to point of being uncomfortable to me but I'm not looking to race. I would imagine that it makes a great crit bike.

I don't find it "stiff" to the point where it's uncomfortable. I like alloy bikes though. Own a Fuji Roubaix 1.1 which s alloy, and previously owned a alloy Cannondale Synapse.

My carbon Cannondale Evo is more compliant, but specs for the price, the Jamis wins hands down. Way better value than a CAAD10/CAAD12, r Specialized Allez.

I am really loving it, great job Jamis Getting the 2015 on closeout price was awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    I own a Jamis mountain bike and a Jamis fat bike. The Icon wasn't for me but not every bike suits every rider. No once tried a carbon Colnago that was so stiff that it felt like A stone bench. CAAD 10 and Allez don't suit me either but the aluminum BMC I ride fits great. It's all personal preference

I totally agree with you about the value. Incredible bang for the buck. Jamis is a great brand.
    Last edited by GOTA; 07-23-2016 at 05:20 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I own a Jamis mountain bike and a Jamis fat bike. The Icon wasn't for me but not every bike suits every rider. No once tried a carbon Colnago that was so stiff that it felt like A stone bench. CAAD 10 and Allez don't suit me either but the aluminum BMC I ride fits great. It's all personal preference

I totally agree with you about the value. Incredible bang for the buck. Jamis is a great brand.
    Now that you have had it for a few weeks how do you like it?