Acceptable to re-badge?
    RoadBikeReview Member

Acceptable to re-badge?

I just bought a "like new" 2006 Firenze. I love the bike, and it is basically new, however when it arrived the decals were a little rough. No big deal, just some nicks, a few wrinkles a scratch through one. I'm thinking of re-doing them, new decals are only $30.

However, while the Firenze decals are OK, I really love the 2006 Teramo decals. What does everyone think? Is it socially acceptable for me to re-badge my Firenze as a Teramo, because I like the decals better? Or is this immoral, blasphemous and/or just wrong?

I have the same frame; the only difference between a 2006 Firenze and a 2006 Teramo are components (Ultegra versus Dura-Ace), plus my Firenze came with the same wheels as the Teramo, instead of the standard lower-spec wheels. I'm not looking to sell the bike anytime soon, and certainly would disclose the change if and when I do go to sell it.

How about a multiple-choice?

A. Sure, they are basically the same bike anyway, do whatever you want.
    B. No, that's not cool.
    C. Strip off all the decals and just ride the bare Ti.
    D. Why do you care what other people think anyway?

Let's see if I can post a few pics...

On your left!

My vote...

strip. Since these things are not clearcoated, you will always have an issue with peeling and etc....

I like the look of a polished Ti. However, I don't mind folks knowing its a Litespeed, so strip and then apply only the Litespeed on the chain stay.

BTW, Pretty bikes....
    Not in the mood?! Mood's a thing for cattle and love play... not fighting.

RoadBikeReview's Member
    Sep 2005
    I'd either rebadge or strip. No big deal. And since they are the same frame, are they really two different bikes? I mean, my 2005 Litespeed Ultimate has totally different componentry than a stock one would have. Is it still an Ultimate? Yep...

Just my 2 cents.
    "It's hard to tell the poison from the cure, so enjoy the disease."
    -Mohair_Chair

RoadBikeReview Member
    I thought about doing that, removing all of the stickers and just putting some small ones back on. This Firenze that recently sold on eBay was done that way, I like the "cleaner" look. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member

Naked Tuscany Example

The decals did not stay on well so i removed thinking i'd replace. However, i like the simplicity as well as ease of cleaning. Still has LS badge on front and my LBS sticker on left chainstay If i ever do anything, it'll be the old yellow and blue LS decal from the early days.
    Stinky
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    debadge is the way to go me think.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    I have the '06 Teramo and never liked the decals -- too flashy. I stripped them and went nude for a while. I finally settled on buying a set of Litespeed mountain bike decals - black, really understated, but not as understated as nude. I'll try to post a pic soon.

Cat 6 rider
    My vote? Rebadge it Ibex or Mercier! Seriously, it's your bike, put what you want on it- and you don't have to explain it to anyone. I put '63 hubcaps on my '64 Impala because they're cooler looking. I like the looks of that naked Tuscany (except for that metrosexual purple bar tape), but that's my opinion all the way.
    To the troll mobile, away...

RoadBikeReview Member
    i say go bare or rebadge..... if the differences between the bikes are only components.. helll why not!
    LOOK / CERVELO / BRIDGESTONE / TREK / BMC / COLNAGO

professional lurker
    Sep 2005
    It's your bike, do with it what you want! Maybe after you take off the current decals, leave it bare for a while and see what you think. If you don't like it, put on the new decals. I'm partial to the plain white decals circa 2003.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    I'd rebadge but go easy on the decals. Let them no its a Litespeed, leave the rest bare.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    I am thinking of finding a Huffy sticker and put it on my Litespeed. Irony can be fun.

Cat 6 rider
    Quote Originally Posted by CoLiKe20
    I am thinking of finding a Huffy sticker and put it on my Litespeed. Irony can be fun.
    My favorite re-badge job (had to blur it for the kiddies), unless this is a new company I've never heard of, in which case I hope CSC is on it next year.
    To the troll mobile, away...

Does it matter?
    That BadMoFo bike, must belong to "Jules" from "Pulp Fiction".

RoadBikeReview Member
    Both sets of decals look like a rolling billboard, which, although it seems to be the fashion these days, looks bloody garish to me. I vote for re-badging with something a little more subdued. Let the ti shine through!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by California L33
    My favorite re-badge job (had to blur it for the kiddies), unless this is a new company I've never heard of, in which case I hope CSC is on it next year.
    yup.. samuel L jackson's bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    I'd say no decals except for the downtube, to me it looks clean but not too naked.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nude kicks ass. In almost every situation. Or at least that's how I roll.
    Cervelo Soloist Carbon / Specialized Roubaix Disc / Look 585 / Look 555 / Kona Kapu / Spec Carbon Camber 29er 1x11 / Surly Straggler / Fuji CX / Steel SS

Over 60 bikes owned over the last 20 years!

Nov 2007
    badge it malvern star aussies will laugh or pat u on the back

confirmed masher
    nude and maybe one litespeed sticker on a tube. imo sorry but both the firenze and teramo main stickers are hideous.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    I always thought my '06 Teramo was too flashy, but really like the look with a single large sticker on the downtube.

keep rubber side down
    I'm with stinkydub here.

My bike is totally naked except for the size sticker, "g.e.t" sticker and frong badge.
    “There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for.” Tom Robbins

"See, at my age and level, one is racing for glory. There can be glory finishing dead last. But there will never be any glory cheating to win." S. Lamarre

World's 1st Anal-rapist
    I's go for single downtube, outline only in either white or black.

Simple. Efficient. Clean.
    Oh, I've been in the film business for a while, but I just can't seem to get one in the can.

O-kay, who'd like a banger in the mouth? Right, I forgot, here in the States, you call it a *sausage* in the mouth.