Changing the name of this thread title
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: froze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    7,223

    Changing the name of this thread title

    I think the forum needs to change the name of this section from Litespeed - Merlin, to Litespeed - Merin - Lynskey since Litespeed was at one time owned by Lynskey. So there is a relational thing there. Just a thought so that the Lynskey brand would have a place other then other. The only struggle is that now Litespeed (and Merlin) is owned by ABG group so maybe Lynskey shouldn't be with these?

    Wonder what any of you think.

  2. #2
    25.806975801127
    Reputation: PlatyPius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,790
    Quote Originally Posted by froze View Post
    I think the forum needs to change the name of this section from Litespeed - Merlin, to Litespeed - Merin - Lynskey since Litespeed was at one time owned by Lynskey. So there is a relational thing there. Just a thought so that the Lynskey brand would have a place other then other. The only struggle is that now Litespeed (and Merlin) is owned by ABG group so maybe Lynskey shouldn't be with these?

    Wonder what any of you think.
    Merlin isn't owned by ABG - it's owned by CC (Competitive Cyclist).
    Other countries need to stop hatin' or we'll unfriend them. - Christine

    Apparently I left my reading comprehension glasses in my ass. - DrRoebuck

    Still, it felt great and I felt like I was sitting on some kind of vibrator -Touch0Gray

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: froze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    7,223
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
    Merlin isn't owned by ABG - it's owned by CC (Competitive Cyclist).
    Wow, when did that happen? I hope this will improve the image of Merlin. If that has happened why doesn't Competitive Cyclist offer any Merlin titanium bikes? Heck they don't carry any titanium bikes!

  4. #4
    I've got to get in shape.
    Reputation: foggypeake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    282

  5. #5
    25.806975801127
    Reputation: PlatyPius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,790
    Quote Originally Posted by froze View Post
    Wow, when did that happen? I hope this will improve the image of Merlin. If that has happened why doesn't Competitive Cyclist offer any Merlin titanium bikes? Heck they don't carry any titanium bikes!
    CC on the purchase of Merlin:

    The Merlin Acquisition, And Other Catch-Up - Competitive Cyclist
    Other countries need to stop hatin' or we'll unfriend them. - Christine

    Apparently I left my reading comprehension glasses in my ass. - DrRoebuck

    Still, it felt great and I felt like I was sitting on some kind of vibrator -Touch0Gray

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: froze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    7,223
    Quote Originally Posted by foggypeake View Post
    did they just add this bike to their catalog? I didn't see it 2 months ago. I did a search for titanium on their web set as well as looking at all the bike brands and no Merlin's popped up nor did any TI frames pop up. But the Merlin is still more then I paid for the Lynskey so I'm still happy!

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: froze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    7,223
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
    Thanks for sharing that it was an interesting read. I hope Competitive Cyclist doesn't eventually move frame production over to China or some such place and leave it here to be built using American labor and Ti.

Similar Threads

  1. Derivative thread title.
    By QuiQuaeQuod in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 09:45 AM
  2. Integral thread title
    By Fredke in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 07:26 PM
  3. Best RBR thread title ever?
    By Henry Porter in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 05:43 PM
  4. Not sure what to title this thread
    By svend in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 01:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.