Colorado Cyclist and Litespeed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gregz
    I bought a new LS Ocoee and rode it for the first time in May of 2007. To date I've only had 10 rides on the frame. The frame broke in early June and I've been without a replacement for 9 weeks now. LS has not returned phone calls, and pulled some other bone headed moves, such as shipping me a defective replacement. You can read about my interaction with LS here http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...82#post3348182

LS are over price, and they have the absolute worst customer service in the business. Unfortunately I can't say one thing positive about my ordeal with LS.
    I have a 1995ish Ocoee. still nearly as strong and as beautiful as the day I got it. Sorry you had trouble with yours. I guess the brand was better when it was family owned.

06 Ghisallo Dream Machine
    Jul 2002

Thumbs up

Sorry about your experience. Litespeed took great care of my warranty issue. I purchased a Ghisallo on closeout in 2002. My frameset cracked at the seat tube almost 4 years later. I discovered the crack the same day that the 2006 model hit the market. Went to my LBS and helped strip the parts off the frame. Then I hand delivered my frame to Litespeed. Within three weeks I was riding a new set up that has been great ever since. They even offered to lend me a ride in case they did not deliver the frame before the races I had planned for the next weekend. I would suggest placing a call to the warranty department to see what the issue is.....
    "It is not heresy, I will not recant".....

RoadBikeReview Member
    I could be wrong, but the newer Litespeed titanium frames are getting lighter and stiffer, which I believe is due to thinner tubes of a larger diameter. Since I am just over 200-lbs, I have confined my shopping to the slightly older models. Nice thing about used titanium frames is that they can usually be purchased on eBay for a great price and have many many miles left in 'em. I'd rather see Litespeed stick to titanium, and hang out a new shingle for carbon fiber bikes. Lastly, I agree that Litespeed does have too many models in their lineup.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004

Douglas Pro compact

For what its worth, I took delivery of a Douglas Pro Compact 6/4 frame yesterday.
    The inspection tag attached to the frame was from Litespeed and the geometry appears to be a match for the Vortex.
    The frame and an Easton EC 90 SLX fork was $1400.99 plus $30 shipping. XL is all they have left.

Nov 2007
    Greg,
    I had to fight to get my new frame as well - mine was a 6 month old Vortex - look at my posts. This is not a way to win customers when there are so many other choices. Hope you eventually got the correct replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregz
    I bought a new LS Ocoee and rode it for the first time in May of 2007. To date I've only had 10 rides on the frame. The frame broke in early June and I've been without a replacement for 9 weeks now. LS has not returned phone calls, and pulled some other bone headed moves, such as shipping me a defective replacement. You can read about my interaction with LS here http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...82#post3348182

LS are over price, and they have the absolute worst customer service in the business. Unfortunately I can't say one thing positive about my ordeal with LS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12