Good deal or bad deal on a Litespped Icon 2008
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

Good deal or bad deal on a Litespped Icon 2008

I have an opportunity to buy a 2008 Litespeed Icon--- Ultegra SL with Easton Circuit wheels.
    This is a brand new bike off the showroom floor for $3100.00 ...

I want to pull the trigger and take her home but just looking for a little feedback... I think
    the shop is slow and they are turning inventory into cash....
    Any thoughts will be appreciated...

Pluto
    Sounds like an excellent deal to me if the bike is what you really want. I went with Dura Ace and Hed Ardennes wheels and paid twice that amount and my wheels were at cost and the frame at a 20% discount. I likely could have done better but I knew what I wanted and I was not likely to find in stock anywhere. Note that I have yet to ride it as I live in Minnesota and purchased in December. If you do purchase it and live some where where you can ride it currently I would love to get your feed back.

Suffering
    It would be a fair deal if it were from eBay but I would say its a good deal for a local bike shop considering that they will likley throw in a fitting and free service for 1-2 years. Currently, there are 4 Icons on eBay all for at least $3145. Consider shipping costs on top of that and $3100 is a good local deal.

BUY IT!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    This looks like a killer deal on Craigslist assume that it fits you

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bik/1078465528.html

BTW: I'm just passing on a good deal and this bike has nothing to do with me.